Bug Spray

ccdaniel2707

We've actually never needed it in quite a few Caribbean cruises, but I always bring a small (travel size) bottle along just in case. Unless you are going deep into the jungle, or are there early morning or late in the evening, I've never seen many bugs.

I just use something with DEET.

I've only had a problem with mosquitos twice in many cruises to the Caribbean. Once was on the Tulum excursion in Cozumel and the other was the Martha Brae rafting in Jamaica. other than this bugs have not been a problem.

I wanted to add to my earlier post. This is the best insect repellent I have ever used. I comes in a couple of different containers but this one is easy to use as it has an applicator.

Very effective and very easy to put on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JVB44E/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keith

Just want to add this is also sold at Walmart.

Through over twenty trips to the Caribbean, I've never had even one mosquito bite. However, where I live, there are plenty of Mosquitos and the Off Clip on is the best way to get rid of them as you are not putting anything directly on your skin:

http://www.amazon.com/OFF-MOSQUITO-CLIP-ON-FAN-STRTR/dp/B00DF970FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412799765&sr=8-1&keywords=off+clip+on+mosquito

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Does anyone know if bug spray expires? I've had a bottle for a while and I can't find an expiration date on it. Was wondering if it loses effectiveness.

It does not go bad ,but check to make sure it still sprays if it does it will work.

Just a warning - DEET melts some plastics such as watch crystals, plastic camera bodies and breathable waterproof fabrics (Gore-Tex), among others. The higher the concentration, the greater the damage. Be careful applying it.

We've been throughout the Caribbean and several places in Central America; we bring the bug spray but haven't needed it.

Art