Johnny Rockets and milkshakes?

xray

Are the meals at Johnny Rockets on the Allure "all u can eat" or is it limited to one serving?

Milkshakes...are they free anywhere on the ship? I believe I read JR's charged for them.

Thanks, XRAY

Are the meals at Johnny Rockets on the Allure "all u can eat" or is it limited to one serving?

Milkshakes...are they free anywhere on the ship? I believe I read JR's charged for them.

Thanks, XRAY

The meals should be AYCE. Drinks of course are extra.

I dont know about Allure but there were not any milkshakes anywhere on Freedom except Johnny Rockets. Seems like they were about 4 dollars or so.

You should have a discount loaded onto your Seapass card that gives you one BOGO free milkshake at Johnny Rockets if you are a Crown and Anchor member.

Edited by ryano

Thanks! I'll have to try to make it to JR on my next cruise. I'm always so full the thought of a huge burger doesn't really do it for me. But a milkshake I could handle :D

Their Burgers are not "Huge". They are not like the WJ burgers and seem to have a better taste. You can also get other items like Chicken Sandwiches, Hot Dog's. We love the Fries and Onion Rings.

We sailed on Liberty almost two years ago, but the info here lines up with what I remember. The milkshakes were overpriced IMO - they were fast-food style (vanilla softserve with chocolate syrup mixed in) and not very big. I am a big fan of milkshakes and after buying one of these I would not buy another. I would rather spend $6 at Ben and Jerry's like we did on Enchantment. THOSE were good milkshakes.

As far as I can tell your cover charge is good for one "main" (burger, sandwich, etc.) but unlimited amount of onion rings / fries.

If you do carry out I guess you receive enough for one person; never have done carry out personally.

Yes you can get a milkshake without paying the cover; you can sit at the counter or do take out with a shake; makes no difference, no cover charge, just the charge for the shake.

If you have a BOGO on your seapass be sure to specify that they use it, they may not automatically do so.

15% gratuity is added to the shakes; same as any other drink order onboard

The free chocolate shake in MDR chocolate breakfast is nothing like JR shake so don't get hopes up, but it ain't bad either.

Breakfast is served on Allure and Oasis free of charge at JR's. Pretty typical diner type breakfast menu, it was pretty good quality.

An Ice Cream Sundae is included in the cover charge price. When we were on the NOS last month, my wife ordered a milkshake, then also HAD to eat a sundae for dessert, in my opinion the sundaes were better then the milkshakes.

As far as I can tell your cover charge is good for one "main" (burger, sandwich, etc.) but unlimited amount of onion rings / fries.

If you do carry out I guess you receive enough for one person; never have done carry out personally.

Yes you can get a milkshake without paying the cover; you can sit at the counter or do take out with a shake; makes no difference, no cover charge, just the charge for the shake.

If you have a BOGO on your seapass be sure to specify that they use it, they may not automatically do so.

15% gratuity is added to the shakes; same as any other drink order onboard

The free chocolate shake in MDR chocolate breakfast is nothing like JR shake so don't get hopes up, but it ain't bad either.

Breakfast is served on Allure and Oasis free of charge at JR's. Pretty typical diner type breakfast menu, it was pretty good quality.

You can order unlimited food of any type for the cover price, not just sides.

You can order unlimited food of any type for the cover price, not just sides.

That true if you eat in. If you carry out, you get one order of onion rings/fries, one sandwich and one dessert. Otherwise there would be those who paid one charge and got enough for the whole family.

On the Allure this past July.

The milkshakes were made with

5 scoops ice cream

a little milk

And for me vanilla extract.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

excellent

My DH had a chocolate one and

5 scoops chocolate ice cream

chocolate syrup

a little milk

he said=MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Enjoy

Sea ya

Yup

Real ice cream.

Used our B1G1 free offer.

5 scoops ice cream

a little milk

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

excellent

chocolate syrup

a little milk

he said=MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Enjoy

Sea ya

Yup

Real ice cream.

Interesting. That's the one thing DH did not like about the chocolate shakes - they were made with vanilla ice cream, said they didn't have chocolate. Granted it was a while ago as he hasn't ordered one since as he didn't care for it but was happy to learn that beer prices were lower in JR.

5 scoops ice cream

a little milk

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

excellent

chocolate syrup

a little milk

he said=MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Enjoy

Sea ya

Yup

Real ice cream.

That is the way they made them on Freedom last year also! It was definately not soft serve. We had a seat at the counter rather than a booth and saw them make them! :cool:

We were just on the Freedom last week and went to Johnny Rockets 3 times. The one time when we went in the afternoon about 2:00pm it was Happy Hour and the milkshakes were free. My BIL had a vanilla one and said it was delicious.

Edited by phtktz3

The food in JR on the RCI ships is outstanding. Well worth the cover charge, at least that's my opinion. The cover charge is all you can eat, including all the food items on the menu when you dine in. Shakes are extra, as well as soda. JR is one of my favorite food venues on the ship.

That true if you eat in. If you carry out, you get one order of onion rings/fries, one sandwich and one dessert. Otherwise there would be those who paid one charge and got enough for the whole family.

That is true, I was referring to eating in Johnny Rockets since the next paragraph addressed taking out food. I just assumed the poster was talking about eating in Johnny Rockets.

Thanks! I'll have to try to make it to JR on my next cruise. I'm always so full the thought of a huge burger doesn't really do it for me. But a milkshake I could handle :D

The milkshake is worth the $6.95 it costs.....but there is a BOGO on your seapass if you are at a certain level in the C&A society....the cover charge is NOT assessed in addition to the price of the milkshake.

I don't believe the other meals are 'all you can eat' -- I won't eat anything at Johnny Rockets other than breakfast (which is free -- and delicious) and the milkshake. Nothing else on the menu, appeals to me.