Towel Animals in Rooms

I will admit that my wife loves her towel animals, so I slip our room attendant a little something extra at the beginning of the cruise and we get towel animals every night. Now, I know this might not work for everyone, but to get me off the hook, it is the best $10 I could spend!

Happy cruising!

We were on the Liberty in Sept. and we got them like every other night.

0 in 5 nights on the Liberty last week. I guess it's not the end of the world - Princess doesn't do them at all but at least knowing that going in it wasn't a disappointment. Maybe RCCL should declare them extinct as well, same as the turn-down chocolates and ballpoint pens.

OMG, maybe no towel animals every night!!????

Have noticed the same cut backs as everywhere else are very obvious - fewer waiters on the pool deck, less servers at the buffett, less service overall across the ships. It is what it is, RCCl is obviously cutting back.....:rolleyes::mad: We've noticed the past 2-3 years a major reduction in service on board. It has been VERY obvious that there are almost no servers or help in Windjammer for example. And we saw much less service in the bars and at the pool. Doubt that will change. We're ttying Celebrity next cruise, after that who know's may change to all inclusive's or other options.

Edited by bouhunter

OMG, maybe no towel animals every night!!????....

We used to tell the stateroom attendant that we didn't need towel animals, they were not a big deal to us, thinking that would make their job a little easier. Every time we did that, it was like a challenge to them to come up with something unique that would surprise us, so it ended up making more work for them. We don't mention towel animals anymore.

Not having towel animals doesnt bother me one bit. Reading about all the obvious cutbacks in service and staff reduction does.

I havent been on a ship in almost 3 years and have an upcoming cruise in April. Im a little concerned about the cutbacks and the noticeable downward spiral in service considering according to what Ive read here, RC is making record profits and their stock is at an all time high.

Couple that with Fain saying no more last minute deals and one would believe that RC is getting very greedy.

I hope no one flames me for saying that. Its just an observation.

Hi,

Did the Halloween cruise on Indy. It was my kids first cruise and we didn't get any towel animals :(

I know they are not make or break, but my kids would have LOVED them and it is something I can remember getting when I cruised as a teenager.

In fact our room attendant made us feel very guilty about having our rooms serviced AT ALL, he actually tried talking us out of having it done on several occasions.

:(

Not having towel animals doesnt bother me one bit. Reading about all the obvious cutbacks in service and staff reduction does.

I havent been on a ship in almost 3 years and have an upcoming cruise in April. Im a little concerned about the cutbacks and the noticeable downward spiral in service considering according to what Ive read here, RC is making record profits and their stock is at an all time high.

Couple that with Fain saying no more last minute deals and one would believe that RC is getting very greedy.

I hope no one flames me for saying that. Its just an observation.

You'll likely be surprised at the current state of things. Try (it's hard, I know) to NOT compare your upcoming cruise to the ones you took in the "good old days". The food and service are just not the same. But if you stay in the moment things are still better than your average AI or hotel stay. Have a good trip!

We just got off the Allure yesterday and we did have towel animals almost every night. Our cabin attendant told us it's up to your cabin attendant how many you get. Our's loved making them so we had plenty. My favorite was the animal was leaning on my pillow with glasses and my straw hat on reading the Compass. It was the best!

• 3 years later...

Never got one towel animal and even gave my room attendant $10 one morning because he was very friendly. This was on the Allure of the Seas. When I explain this to a few of my friends they were shocked. They have always got towel animals every time.

Never got one towel animal and even gave my room attendant $10 one morning because he was very friendly. This was on the Allure of the Seas. When I explain this to a few of my friends they were shocked. They have always got towel animals every time.

Welcome to CC.

Be careful when responding to very old posts (2014) since some of the information maybe well out of date. Some room stewards are duds. We normally provide a good steward $5 per person in the room per days on cruise at the end of the cruise ($5 x 2 people x 7 nights = $70).

We used to tell the stateroom attendant that we didn't need towel animals, they were not a big deal to us, thinking that would make their job a little easier. Every time we did that, it was like a challenge to them to come up with something unique that would surprise us, so it ended up making more work for them. We don't mention towel animals anymore.

Good to know. I was going to tell our attendant the same thing. I thought it might save him/her some valuable time, and since we are two adults, I'm fine without them.

0 in 5 nights on the Liberty last week. I guess it's not the end of the world - Princess doesn't do them at all but at least knowing that going in it wasn't a disappointment. Maybe RCCL should declare them extinct as well, same as the turn-down chocolates and ballpoint pens.

I was on the Liberty in Feb - towel animals started to come so after the second day told attendant not to bother. Waste of clean towels (remember the save the waves program). Maybe should just to for cabins with children.

Good to know. I was going to tell our attendant the same thing. I thought it might save him/her some valuable time, and since we are two adults, I'm fine without them.

We do this, too. We don't need or want them. We do not want the stateroom attendant to have to do something else in his or her busy day nor do we wish to add to the laundry.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Hi,

Did the Halloween cruise on Indy. It was my kids first cruise and we didn't get any towel animals :(

I know they are not make or break, but my kids would have LOVED them and it is something I can remember getting when I cruised as a teenager.

In fact our room attendant made us feel very guilty about having our rooms serviced AT ALL, he actually tried talking us out of having it done on several occasions.

:(

He tried to talk you out of servicing your room? Wow.

We have always left our auto-tips in place, and most times give extra cash at the end of the cruise but that kind of attitude might see me actually reducing the tip for my very first time.

We have always had a towel animal every night on each cruise. I am 60 years old but I have always loved them and would miss them so much. I like to keep them from each night on the cruise and line them all up on the back of the couch, then take a picture of them on disembarking morning.

Maybe I will ask him/her to please make them for us each night, or leave a note on a pillow asking (if we don’t meet our room steward right away) along with an extra cash pre-tip and hopefully we will get them.

May not be a big deal to some, but I would rather have towel animals than pillow chocolates.