Ice In Room?

bvocruise

I just read on another thread that ice buckets are not provided on Celebrity. Is there a place where you can get ice? We have a collapsible container we can bring to put it in.

We have never been on Celebrity but was surprised to see ice/buckets are not provided.

I read in the thread pertaining to what Celebrity does and does not do well.

They don't automatically leave an ice bucket in your cabin anymore. We just ask or leave a note for our cabin attendant the first day and he/she leaves ice twice a day for rest of the cruise.

Thank for the information. We will be sure to kindly ask the cabin attendant then.

They don't automatically leave an ice bucket in your cabin anymore. We just ask or leave a note for our cabin attendant the first day and he/she leaves ice twice a day for rest of the cruise.

Well that is definitely new since the end of April. However, one of the two things I always ask for is plenty of ice, so maybe they just bring a regular ice bucket (very small) and a champagne buffet for chilling my that wine we bring on.

My experience (including last month in an Aqua Class) is that they no longer automatically bring the ice buckets, but will provide them if asked and will refill them each time they make up the room (morning and evening). It has been that way for several years now in my experience.

My experience (including last month in an Aqua Class) is that they no longer automatically bring the ice buckets, but will provide them if asked and will refill them each time they make up the room (morning and evening). It has been that way for several years now in my experience.

Agree. They do this on their terms and not in tune with the guests needs or preferences. So at 3 or 4 pm good luck with ice.

Asking for ice is useless. Go get it at Buffet ice machine is how it works.

Absolutely a Ridiculous service level.

Agree. They do this on their terms and not in tune with the guests needs or preferences. So at 3 or 4 pm good luck with ice.

Would have to agree with this sentiment. Not sure why they think you would want ice mid morning or when you are back after dinner. We also get some ice mid afternoon from the buffet or spa café if we want some pre dinner refreshments on our balcony.

They are just not around mid afternoon in our experience, but worth asking again next time with different staff I guess.

Edited by goodycruising

We have continued to have ice placed in our AQ stateroom each afternoon...we go over that with our attendant on first meeting and never had an issue...

On our recent Reflection cruise we also received a nice variety of afternoon snacks..shrimp, cheese etc, instead of same canapes every day..

Have had no trouble getting an ice bucket filled morning and night just by asking the stateroom attendant at the beginning of the cruise. If I needed more mid afternoon a phone call brought it in a relatively short time. This on Eclipse both in Europe and Caribbean fall 2014, so up to date information. Don't know why an earlier poster had so much trouble.

... Not sure why they think you would want ice mid morning or when you are back after dinner. We also get some ice mid afternoon from the buffet or spa café if we want some pre dinner refreshments on our balcony.....

Those are the times of day that they do the overall service on your cabin. The morning service is to make the beds and clean the cabin. The evening service, while you are at dinner, is to turn down the beds and refresh items that need it. Those are the times when the majority of guests will be out of their cabin and therefore the most convenient for the passenger.

If you want ice at other times just give your cabin attendant a call and they'll bring it. If you want ice freshened every afternoon then ask the attendant at the beginning of the cruise if they can do that for you.

Have you been refused ice when you've requested it or have you just not thought of asking?

Also, it makes sense to me that they would not provide any ice at all unless requested. That would not bother me as we very rarely used the ice in the cabin so bringing it twice a day is a waste of resources. If you consider that they'r bringing a pound of ice, twice a day, times 1000 cabins times 10 ships that works out to over 7 million pounds of ice a year just for the Celebrity fleet. If only half of it is really needed they could save an enormous about of energy and avoid wasted fuel by only supplying it to those guests that ask for it.

Edited by Lsimon

My experience is, if you just ask when you meet your steward, he will bring a ice bucket and keeps it filled on his twice daily room servicing.

For me I always keep my cruise wine (always bring my 2 bottles) on ice and since we gone Aqua on our last few cruises have some of the waters cold and ready to have when going into a port.

If you want ice at other times just give your cabin attendant a call and they'll bring it. If you want ice freshened every afternoon then ask the attendant at the beginning of the cruise if they can do that for you.

Have you been refused ice when you've requested it or have you just not thought of asking?

Refused? No. Ignored? Yes.

Multiple days/multiple times. Ergo the need to get it ourselves.

I can't speak for every room steward on every ship in the fleet but I can tell you that on my 16 day celebrity constellation cruise from November 2014 our room steward in our aqua class cabin asked if we wanted ice. He asked if we wanted it twice a day and he asked when we wanted it delivered. I asked for ice to be delivered only in the afternoon and it could be delivered at the same time as when the afternoon savories were brought into the room. I believe our room steward was still delivering ice twice a day even though we never really needed it in the morning.

Your experience does not compare with what I have been reading on Cruise Critic or from speaking with friends of mine that sailed on other ships during the month of November 2014.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

If you were "ignored" by your room steward, then it was time to call Housekeeping and report it. Did you remind the attendant after the initial request? There is absolutely no reason for a cabin attendant to refuse to supply an ice bucket and fill it twice a day.

I personally have never had a problem after asking for this service. They have always been very accommodating.

Edited by gimletgal

I'm sorry to hear that, it's never happened to us.

We always bring a small six-pack size cooler. It keeps the ice much longer and holds more than the standard bucket, and there is always plenty of ice for late afternoon cocktails (in case we want them before it is re-filled.)

We always ask from twice a day service and have always gotten it with no problems. This goes for all of the lines we've sailed. :)

We were surprised by the lack of interest and accommodation by the butler. We hope our next sailing is up to a competent standard. It's been a while since we have sailed Celebrity as a result. We love the ships and our focus is on dependable service.

Fingers crossed.

This was my experience in 2A veranda few weeks ago. No ice bucket in the room initially but asked and he was happy to provide. It arrived twice daily after that and seemed to coincide with the room make up but made sense that they would do it then. It didn't necessarily coincide with when I might actually want the ice but with the way my days varied "I" didn't even really know when I would want it.

I like someone's idea getting ice from the buffet when you actually want it, I really don't like to bug room service for something so trivial as bringing me ice so I might just be the odd one filling an ice bucket in the buffet on my next cruise :) And before anyone flames me, I will use a clean glass to get the ice from the machine and refill that way to assure no cross contamination of any sort. Last trip I actually meant to bring a small collapsible cooler for them to fill each day but forgot so will try to remember next trip.

Edited by poffles

Not true!!!! Be nice and leave a note at the beginning of the cruise and it will be there!!! EVERYDAY

Just off the Eclipse before Christmas and had ice in the bucket twice a day. We asked steward the first day and it was there every day of the 14. I understand why they don't

supply to those who don't ask, but I never had to get ice on my own. Either a misunderstanding by OP and steward or something else.