Labadee food

Honeymooner15

It is not just BBQ, it is a BBQ style lunch. I am sure I am missing some items, but I remember hot dogs, hamburgers, jerk chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, rice, various salads, and desserts. The suite guests also get seafood skewers and steak

Edited by dacsmom

We spent the day at Labadee and went back to the ship a little early for lunch(around 1/1:30). The buffet didn't look that great and the line was really, really long.

Dan

I'm going to watch for that this May. The two times I was there, people were in full sheep mode. The buffet had two sides to it and they were all coming from the same direction, one big line, the other side no line.

There is more than 1 buffet station on Labadee.... we had chicken, burgers, dogs, ribs, and all the sides....potato salad,macaroni salad, cole slaw, fruit salad, plain fruit, corn.....I can't remember the rest, but there was a lot!

And, of course, the ship is up and running, if you'd rather go and eat in AC!!!!

Edited by cb at sea

It is not just BBQ, it is a BBQ style lunch. I am sure I am missing some items, but I remember hot dogs, hamburgers, jerk chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, rice, various salads, and desserts. The suite guests also get seafood skewers and steak

I think a better term would be "cook-out" style lunch, but other than that your description is excellent. Some people from some parts of this country think only ribs, chicken, pulled pork , etc.. when you say BBQ. :)

I'm going to watch for that this May. The two times I was there, people were in full sheep mode. The buffet had two sides to it and they were all coming from the same direction, one big line, the other side no line.

Once when we were at Labadee the cutoff time for lunch arrived and they would not let people who were already in line get in. I never heard tempers flare like what I saw that day. I was quite an eye opener.

To answer your original question, last week we were served Lunch which included juices, water, tea, breads, grilled chicken, pork chops, beef, hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, slaw, green salad, potato salad, corn on the cob, light desert bites, and a few other items.

Here's our full detailed view complete with a map of Labadee...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159600

We got a gs and will try to get a cabana at BB. But I have a huge issue with flies on the food. is it to far to go back to the ship and eat there and then retutn to BB? Or is it possible to get clean food without flies?

WOW how frustrating.

We have been to Labadee 5 times and must have dodged the flies at the buffet.

Hoping they stay away this summer too.

Safe travels.

We are going to be on Labadee on Good Friday- I wonder if this will be remembered when they prepare their buffet. I would expect not but hope that the MDR has quality fish for dinner.

We are going to be on Labadee on Good Friday- I wonder if this will be remembered when they prepare their buffet. I would expect not but hope that the MDR has quality fish for dinner.

Really doubt it.

The buffet is prepared on board the ship and brought to the serving area, and the last 5 times we were there was the same (buffet open to all).

The only time we got our seafood was on skewers at barefoot beach (suite beach).

Good luck.

Safe journey

The last thing I would want to eat is fish that has been sitting around in the heat of a Labadee day.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Labadee today. The food was not good and the lines to get to the not so good food were ridiculous with both Independence and Grandeur in port.

And, yes, you can come and go from the ship as much as you want. The Windjammer was closed for lunch today or I would have gone back to the ship to eat.

Lines of course depend on which lunch pavilion you choose to eat at and the time. We ate freshly prepared food about 11:30-11:45 (soon after they opened) at the Columbus Beach Pavilion (furthest from the pier). There was no line. It wasn't gourmet, but it was certainly fine for beach BBQ.

Lines of course depend on which lunch pavilion you choose to eat at and the time. We ate freshly prepared food about 11:30-11:45 (soon after they opened) at the Columbus Beach Pavilion (furthest from the pier). There was no line. It wasn't gourmet, but it was certainly fine for beach BBQ.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.:)