Snacks :)

Vikstar

This might be an odd question, but I tend to eat lightly during the day but might feel like a bit of a snack late at night like some nuts or potato chips. Whereabouts would I be able to source that sort of thing on the Solstice? I don't mind paying for it but would like to have the option of a salty snack for watching movies or getting ready for dinner. Is anything like this provided in suites?

This might be an odd question, but I tend to eat lightly during the day but might feel like a bit of a snack late at night like some nuts or potato chips. Whereabouts would I be able to source that sort of thing on the Solstice? I don't mind paying for it but would like to have the option of a salty snack for watching movies or getting ready for dinner. Is anything like this provided in suites?

On RCI they often had potato chips free to take in the solarium cafe. Does Celebrity Solstice have anything similar? Thank you!

They have stuff like Pringles and Nuts in your mini-bar (pay for what you use)

I think you can also get them down at one of the shops, but not 24/7

Remember that you can order room service , free of charge 24/7, quite an extensive menu.

Late at night, any kinds of snacks are hard to come by. The buffet food lines close overnight, although you can still get coffee and tea. So for real late night/early morning snacks, just about your only option is room service or the (expensive) snacks they provide in your stateroom.

Your best option might be to stock up on snack size bags of chips and nuts while in port, and keep them in your room.

If you really do need something it is best to bring it with you. You cannot rely or depend on anything being provided or the same from cruise to cruise. And if they do have something the first day they may not have it the next as some people will stock pile or they just plain ran out, eg bananas wil be available the first few days but they get to where they are no longer presentable. Popular boxes of cereal in the buffet will not be available after a few days as people tend to stockpile for a in port snack. A person in front of me getting cereal grab about 8 boxes of granola and told me that she wanted to stock up because they will run out.

Happy crusing 🌊🇺🇸🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

If you really do need something it is best to bring it with you. You cannot rely or depend on anything being provided or the same from cruise to cruise. And if they do have something the first day they may not have it the next as some people will stock pile or they just plain ran out, eg bananas wil be available the first few days but they get to where they are no longer presentable. Popular boxes of cereal in the buffet will not be available after a few days as people tend to stockpile for a in port snack. A person in front of me getting cereal grab about 8 boxes of granola and told me that she wanted to stock up because they will run out.

Happy crusing

I love a few crisps or similar with a drink in the evening. So I will go looking next cruise now I know where to go.

On Princess and HAL, in the past, I loved the little hors d'oeuvres that would magically appear whilst I sat drinking in various bars around the ships. Small crackers and salmon or pate, baby vol au vents, olives, etc. Maybe they no longer do this but they were really scrumptious. I have only recently cruised with Celebrity on the Eclipse and then the Infinity and all that seemed to be offered were a mixture of nuts and other crunchie bits and pieces in a strange jar that made it difficult to retrieve what you fancied. I could never work out why sometimes we were given a jar of these and other times there were none to be seen. It was not very consistent.

Too

I have only recently cruised with Celebrity on the Eclipse and then the Infinity and all that seemed to be offered were a mixture of nuts and other crunchie bits and pieces in a strange jar that made it difficult to retrieve what you fancied. I could never work out why sometimes we were given a jar of these and other times there were none to be seen. It was not very consistent.

They use to serve them in a bowl but that is really unsanitary as everyone has their hand in it. If sitting at a bar or table with strangers who knows where their hands or fingers have been.

With the small jar you either pour some in your hand on a napkin thus avoiding contamination. On the napkin you can pick out what you want. I always take the wasbi peas as my wife doesn't like theming that is all that I want, she may take a few items but not many because those small snacks are very calorie loaded. One small handful that many take and pop in their mouth is about 150 calories, finishing off that container and a beer is easily be a 1000 or more calories.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

We have often asked for some different snacks at various bars. Breadsticks (love those!), peanuts, chips, etc. What we do, though, is talk to one of the bartenders earlier in the day and mention we'd like to see something later. We had our best success up at the Sky Lounge and the Ensemble Lounge.

Some people like sweet snacks and get some of the ice cream toppings in the little cup.

I was going to suggest M&M's from the ice cream counter too. You can get a dish of them early in the day and take them to your cabin.

You will need 3 bowls. One for on the way back to the cabin. One for on the way to the bar and the one for at the bar. Better make that 4 because you my need one in the cabin :)

In the Wine Cellars they would have a spread of cheese, crackers and I think grapes. Passengers seated in there always appeared to act as if that little spread was exclusively theirs from the stink eye you recieved when you entered. We were later sitting at the Marini Bar and a lady asked the BT for a glass or dish because she wanted to get some snacks out of there to consume at the Martini bar and the server in Wine Cellars told her that the plate could not be removed from the lounge.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I understand that X is peanut free (to protect people with allergies).

You understand incorrectly. Peanuts ARE available on Celebrity ships.

From their own website:

You can order snacks - including peanuts.

Savor Salty Snacks

A collection of salted cashews, salted natural pistachios, honey roasted peanuts, wasabi soybeans, Celebrity's Premium Snack Collection will hit the spot.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-culinary-delights/salty

You understand incorrectly. Peanuts ARE available on Celebrity ships.

From their own website:

You can order snacks - including peanuts.

Savor Salty Snacks

A collection of salted cashews, salted natural pistachios, honey roasted peanuts, wasabi soybeans, Celebrity's Premium Snack Collection will hit the spot.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-culinary-delights/salty

I was told that X was peanut free by a friend that is highly alergic to peanuts. Also, I have never seen peanuts offered at any of the bars.

Not sure if this is a change or if they are only offered if someone orders them for their cabin?

I was told that X was peanut free by a friend that is highly alergic to peanuts. Also, I have never seen peanuts offered at any of the bars.

Well, I do know the peanut butter ice cream is great. ;)

Not sure if this is a change or if they are only offered if someone orders them for their cabin?

Peanut butter cookies are available everyday and I have seen peanuts and of course the peanut butter ice cream.. yum!

Late at night, any kinds of snacks are hard to come by. The buffet food lines close overnight, although you can still get coffee and tea. So for real late night/early morning snacks, just about your only option is room service or the (expensive) snacks they provide in your stateroom.

Your best option might be to stock up on snack size bags of chips and nuts while in port, and keep them in your room.

I agree with you. I found snacks difficult to come by. Yes, the snacks in the stateroom, but I don't like mini bites of mars bars or a tiny can of Pringles for $5.00 a 'pop'.

I had no idea chips were available as I saw none offered anywhere. I did see one man with potato chips on his plate at lunch and thought he just brought his own from home.

That being said, I like to bring my own snack bars, nuts or whatever I may want for in between meal times.

This time I did not bring enough snack bars and totally regretted it! So yes, make room in your suitcase for small bags of chips, nuts, or whatever delights you. On past trips I have even packed my own supply of gluten free cookies as they are rarely if ever available on ship.