Received a Port Survey Today....

kccrzr

figured it was for our December cruise on Quantum since there seems to be a lot of complaining and angst regarding Martinique even amongst those who never got off the ship (though we liked it fine)! But no, the survey was for a Western Caribbean cruise on Allure nearly 6 months ago. I'd love to see some more interesting itineraries out of FLL but I'm not holding my breath.

I received one also, unfortunately, it was for our Freedom cruise in December that did not go to the planned ports. Kind of hard to rate the itinerary when we did not go to any of the ports except for Coco Cay (where we don't get off the ship). :confused:

I got one too....for a cruise last September. We have had 4 since then and I barely remember the Sept. cruise. I wish they would have a space for comments. Sometimes their questions and provided answers don't really show what I want to impart.

I got one too regarding our Alaska cruise from last July. It was intrresting to respond to questions about "ports" like the Hubbard Glacier and Inside Passage. :D

LOL Yes. Although I did check off "did not leave the ship" in case they had doubts about those "ports".

I don't know why they wait 6 months to send it out. As as been mentioned, I barely remember it and there was another cruise after that.

I got one that asked about my TA this fall. [i had a cruise after that--but, no mention]

Then it asked about top 3 areas I would visit in next 2 yrs. since I have already booked those cruises I said the 3 parts of the Caribbean. then they asked me to rate every port I have ever heard them visit.

Too bad they did not asked for any written comments. I would have suggest a few ports [Turks and Caicos] and asked for a few overnight stays.

Got mine and filled it out. Yes, it makes absolutely no sense to ask us about our port that we sail from.

I definitely scored the western carib side very low. Martinique I gave a one. That was really one of the few ports I remarked on. I didn't have time to go throught their long list and rank what I thought.

I selected 3 regions of Europe for my future sailing interest.

Within each region, there were 3 ports that RCI have never visited and a couple that were new for RCI in recent deployments.

It seemed to want to develop relationships between ports visited and satisfaction with future cruise plans and port interest and awareness.

It may be designed to assist RCI with future deployment issues.

I received my survey today for our Eastern Caribbean cruise, 30 November 2014 on the Freedom, which we only made one destination- Coco Cay. All the other destination ports were cancelled, due to the propulsion problem.

However, the secondary questions about future cruises could cause speculation that Royal is exploring changing their current itineraries. Many of the destinations they asked for opinion are not their current destinations or rarely cruised to.

One could only hope for a change.

I hope RCI does take action based on Caribbean port surveys and add some interesting itineraries. I had never booked either Allure or Oasis until this past summer due to the extremely boring itineraries - and only booked Allure then because DD loves How to Train Your Dragon. So that was definitely an entertainment-driven decision.

I'm glad RCI does the surveys. It shows they care about their customer's opinions.

In this case, it looks like they care about people who cruised in the fall or last months of 2014. I didn't get one sailing in May. Perhaps because they already have enough info on Southern Caribbean. Maybe they are looking at these cruises with fewer ports for opinions. I picked Freedom over Oasis for this next trip to get the one extra port this time.