OASIS moving to Canaveral ....

On another thread, I read that FR and OA would change places for the summer of 2017 i.e. FR to Port C for Spring/Summer 2017 and OA back to FLL for that period. Wonder if that is true.

Sherri, Truth depends on how you interpret the facts in RCI choice of language in their own press release.

The press release states:

‘Out-of-this-world’ Caribbean Vacations from Florida’s Space Coast

•Freedom of the Seas will continue alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries during the summer 2016, and then reposition to Port Everglades for its new winter season.

•For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas will inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary.

For RCI, annual deployment from April to April is divided into summer and winter. They refer to the Freedom deployment for the winter season only.

They refer to Oasis for PC winter 2016-17 only.

They referred to several other ships including Allure having year round deployment.

Summer 2017 can not be confirmed until next years deployment and would then be combined with the plans they have for the ship for winter 2017-18 and not now.

While Freedom should return to PC according to the statement she always could be re-deployed and the same goes for Oasis.

In next years deployment they could always re-evaluate their intended deployment. Oasis, for example, could be the Oasis class chosen for deployment to Barcelona in 2017.

Has anyone heard from Merion Mom today? I hope she had Advil.

I'm fine. I don't "do" hangovers. ;) :D

I am an agent & also called RCI today & they had NO clue about March 11..FYI...RCI agents are often the last to know...

I had lunch today with the Executive Housekeeper. (meal with an officer perk)

Someone asked him what would replace Majesty in Miami doing 3 & 4 nighters.

He said, "Vision."

I said, "Enchantment."

He said, "Vision."

I said, "Enchantment. The deployments were released yesterday and Enchantment is taking over from Majesty."

He said, "Oh."

:D :D :D

I had lunch today with the Executive Housekeeper. (meal with an officer perk)

Someone asked him what would replace Majesty in Miami doing 3 & 4 nighters.

He said, "Vision."

I said, "Enchantment."

He said, "Vision."

I said, "Enchantment. The deployments were released yesterday and Enchantment is taking over from Majesty."

He said, "Oh."

:D :D :D

Hahaha! That's great.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Why is everyone saying Oasis is more expensive. I've tried booking Freedom, heck any freedom class ship and they are in the QUANTUM price range. for same week sailing seems it's more expensive. Just looked it up now for fun next February 2016, Freedom is $800 more for 3 people. I guess the sell out quickly and all that is left are expensive cabins. Curious if this will happen to Oasis if it will get a premium charge for sailing out of PC.

Well for my 2 cents for a NON central Floridian. I'm happy Harmony is going to FLL. It's a fair trade. I prefer having a port 15 minutes from the airport. PC is too far an airport. Get ready for all the threads "Can I make my flight from Oasis?", followrf by NO you can't. For us snowbirds, we get Harmony near the airport. Central Florida and southern us get Oasis.

Why is everyone saying Oasis is more expensive. I've tried booking Freedom, heck any freedom class ship and they are in the QUANTUM price range. for same week sailing seems it's more expensive.

Yup. That was our experience as well. Port Canaveral is much more convenient to us, but the reason why we sailed on Allure was because Freedom was more expensive. And that was during Allure's inaugural season!

Haven't seen this discussed but there will need to be an itinerary change for Oasis from the current Eastern route that Freedom is doing.

They won't tender Oasis at CocoCay.

The modified Eastern itinerary that we did last December was Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten. I wonder if this would be the new Eastern itinerary for the 7 day PC runs for Oasis.

Haven't seen this discussed but there will need to be an itinerary change for Oasis from the current Eastern route that Freedom is doing.

The modified Eastern itinerary that we did last December was Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten. I wonder if this would be the new Eastern itinerary for the 7 day PC runs for Oasis.

No more Grand Cayman on the western either.

That sounds good to me!!!

PS are you packed yet? I know you have a little bit to go before your trip but just want to wish you an early Bon Voyage:)

That sounds good to me!!!

PS are you packed yet? I know you have a little bit to go before your trip but just want to wish you an early Bon Voyage:)

Packing as we speak. The animals know and are starting to pout. We leave Thursday. Thanks. Sarah was upset that we don't have time to go to New Smyrna and Blackbeards for dinner.

Packing as we speak. The animals know and are starting to pout. We leave Thursday. Thanks. Sarah was upset that we don't have time to go to New Smyrna and Blackbeards for dinner.

I was just coming back to edit my post to tell you than Dan and I had dinner there this week:) (Don't tell Sarah)

Personally, I am looking forward to both ships coming to PC. I never been on the Rhapsody, but I have been on the Enchantment twice in the past 2 years. The Enchantment is nice, but I did not like the lack of gym/spa facilities compared to what is currently on the Rhapsody.

I am glad I just booked a cruise on EOS for next month. After taking 4 cruises on her in the past year or so, I will be glad to have some new option next year. Nothing wrong at all with her, just a change is nice.

Hoping to get to try Oasis for sure...kinda hoping they have some 5 day options for her at some point.

Sad the Freedom has to leave Canaveral, but very excited the Oasis is coming!

Just saved me a long drive to Lauderdale......:o

Glad I scheduled my return to Freedom this year, I'll be curious where she ends up.

Wouldn't they keep the same Eastern that Oasis is currently doing? Nassau, St T, St M? The way I read the wording was, the two Oasis class in Port Everglades will be getting modified Eastern itineraries, which I would think will include San Juan. And then PC keeps the same old same old.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Wouldn't they keep the same Eastern that Oasis is currently doing? Nassau, St T, St M? The way I read the wording was, the two Oasis class in Port Everglades will be getting modified Eastern itineraries, which I would think will include San Juan. And then PC keeps the same old same old.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

They could very well have the Oasis keep her same old itinerary. IMO one of the advantages of sailing Freedom out of PC was that she did stop at CocoCay instead of Nassau. That option will now be gone.

Glad I scheduled my return to Freedom this year, I'll be curious where she ends up.

Freedom is going to Port Everglades - eventually. Which may be two years. They say the switch is for winter 2016-2017 season. Freedom is still showing cruises through at least April 2016 on the web site

Freedom is going to Port Everglades - eventually. Which may be two years. They say the switch is for winter 2016-2017 season. Freedom is still showing cruises through at least April 2016 on the web site

Freedom is showing (cruise cal dot com)sailing from FLL starting early November 2016 out until March 2017 doing alternating 6/8 night cruises. Her repositioning is a 2 day non revenue sailing.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The big switch of OA and FR is around November 4, 2016 according to cruisecritic.com. They will disembark passengers and it looks like it might be non-revenue cruises or 2 days.

The big switch of OA and FR is around November 4, 2016 according to cruisecritic.com. They will disembark passengers and it looks like it might be non-revenue cruises or 2 days.

Makes sense. The press release said "winter 16-17" and that's exactly what that sounds like. Wish they would have passengers on the repositionings though. It's not like they are coming out of refurbishment and still have work to do. Imagine the B2B. Take Freedom down and then Oasis back. :D

Makes sense. The press release said "winter 16-17" and that's exactly what that sounds like. Wish they would have passengers on the repositionings though. It's not like they are coming out of refurbishment and still have work to do. Imagine the B2B. Take Freedom down and then Oasis back. :D
We may find out about the when they post the itineraries in the next few days. They would have to go to Nassau to comply with the PVSA act -- FR did this for the 2 night preview cruise at the end of Jan. Edited by SherriZ366

We may find out about the when they post the itineraries in the next few days. They would have to go to Nassau to comply with the PVSA act -- FR did this for the 2 night preview cruise at the end of Jan.

Nope. Nassau isn't far enough for the PVSA. The ship would have to go to one of the ABC islands and that can't be done in 2 days.