Eclipse in Dry Dock

ShipsDoc46

I can also confirm this plan-

Sue denning had a conversation with us and she relayed the information about cellar masters.

The wine machines are apparently being removed

The eclipse apparently had great recognition for its wine etc and therefore the decision was made to keep cellar masters !

I think the real reason is that it isn't working on the Equinox the way Celebrity thought it would. The rest is just spin to give a reason for this not going ahead.

There don't seem to be enough passengers who are willing to pay extra for the sort of food that Gastropub provides. It is competing with all the other eating venues on the ship.

Hi all,

We will be adding the GastroBar to Eclipse during its dry dock. However, it will be replacing the Passport Bar. Cellarmasters will still remain on the ship. Hope this answers any questions that you all may have had.

Always loved the Passport bar for a quiet pre dinner drink. Somehow I think I'll enjoy a Gastrobar even more.

Thank you Celebrity:) We really enjoyed the Gastrobar on the Equinox (esp the cheese soup). It was a wonderful place to go and relax and have a pint. Please keep the draught's on tap! I like the food and don't mind the surcharge as it is the only place you can get the special plates on the ship. We found the large plates excellent for sharing.

Edited by Christine Frances

Hi all,

We will be adding the GastroBar to Eclipse during its dry dock. However, it will be replacing the Passport Bar. Cellarmasters will still remain on the ship. Hope this answers any questions that you all may have had.

The best of both worlds! Thankyou for answering.

Hi all,

Just got off the Equinox, the one thing that was detrimental to the Gastropub was that it was closed when we wanted to eat, why not have it open the same hours as the Bistro on 5" the concept is great the service fantastic. Some of us just don't like buffets

Edited by swigso

Hi all,

Thank you for keeping Cellar Masters on the Eclipse! We were on the Eqinox in November and it was difficult to find a venue with a nice selection of wine.

I actually think this is a great idea. A bar focused on Martini's, One for creative cocktails (Molecular or whatever it will be called), one for craft beers, and one for wine. Then a couple of general purpose bars (Sunset, Sky Lounge, Ensemble) that are more focused on entertainment and/or views.

Good balance I think.

Does anyone know if you can just pay the difference if you have the classic beverage package or are you totally out of luck at the Gastrobar? I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade to the premium package.

Edited by CTBob

I'm surprised they have not modified cellar masters into an upmarket pub style venue. Works incredibly well on Cunard

They tried this on Equinox, called GastroPub.

Apparently the concept hasn't been as accepted as they'd like, so plans were scrapped to rework CellarMasters on Eclipse, instead they are now updating Passport Bar on Eclipse to try a pub concept there as it is Dry-docked in April.

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic of changes to Eclipse, the 2016/17 brochure came in the post yesterday and the floorplans show both Gastrobar and Slush. (I know the official poster here already confirmed they'd be put in, but I was glad to see it in printed form).

I only ha be plans for Solstice Class ships on P102/103.

Still has the Passport bar on deck 3 and GastroBar on Deck 4( should be Cellar Masters)

In addition the brochure and website plans show the suite only restaurant on deck 4, whereas everybody keeps saying it will be on deck 3 of the main restaurant.

I must say deck 4 makes more sense as that level of the restaurant has seats for far less people, which seems better with the suite restaurant taking away one of the two main entrances to the restaurant.