If You Could Design A Celebrity Ship...

I'm curious what your favorite aspects of Celebrity are from their ships both past and present? Let's say we could put one together, how would you do it? What size would you want it to be? What restaurants would you like to see on it? What activities? More bars? An onboard museum?

Me, I would like to see the Molecular Bar, some sort of contract with a major museum (say the New York Museum of Natural History, or MOMA) for onboard exhibits, let's cut out AQ altogether and make every cabin (even the insides) feature the nice showers and linens, I'd like the ship to be right around 100,000 tons, an indoor aviary, lazy river...:rolleyes:

I'd like to see a larger entertainment area (foyer) like RCCL has in their promenade's (I do not care for the Oasis class promenade. I much prefer their Voyager class promenade or their Brilliance class foyers. ) We missed seeing so much on the Solstice class ships because there is simply not enough space for all to see what is going on in the foyer area.

I am all about the outside. Views to the sea, keep the lawn, lots of outdoor dining venues. To me a large interior "atrium" is a wast of space and could be put to better use. The S Class has the space right to me with the tree being the focal point. Make more venues face out to sea rather than in but that would have to be mainly on one, maybe two decks, to allow for balcony cabins. We don't like the trend away from the connection to the ocean.

I'd love the M-Class T-Spa pool. It's my favorite pool afloat. But love the S-Class seating around its indoor pool. Add a true Prominade Deck, full wraparound.

Add a true entertainment/dance area, I Love the S-Class open areas on decks above the foyer, but need more intimate enclosed area for dance bands instead of playing in the Foyer and music blaring into the open areas above.

A full Sky Lounge such as most S-Class, but not cut in half like the Reflection has done. Terrible. But love the open dining areas of Reflection and later S-Class, the Porch and the Club Grill.

Love nooks, small areas where you can sit with a few friends and talk, not in a large bar/lounge. Or a lounge with breaks to give it more intimate seating.

Do Not add skating rinks, climbing walls, surfing, etc. I cruise to be aboard a ship at sea and Know I'm aboard a cruise ship not a floating amusement park.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Elevators on the Aft of the ship,like on the M-Class...not like on the S-Class where if you're in the back of the ship you have to walk to mid-ship just to catch the elevation ..What were they thinking???

I am all about the outside. Views to the sea, keep the lawn, lots of outdoor dining venues. To me a large interior "atrium" is a wast of space and could be put to better use. The S Class has the space right to me with the tree being the focal point. Make more venues face out to sea rather than in but that would have to be mainly on one, maybe two decks, to allow for balcony cabins. We don't like the trend away from the connection to the ocean.

I absolutely agree! I cruise because I find watching the water to be a great stress release. I would like to see wrap around decking on a lower level. Using the upper deck makes my daily walk feel like I'm on an obstacle course. This deck should be free of smoking. I'd also like to see more deck chairs on the lower outside decks.

Elevators on the Aft of the ship,like on the M-Class...not like on the S-Class where if you're in the back of the ship you have to walk to mid-ship just to catch the elevation ..What were they thinking???

If you have mobility issues, that is a problem, but think of all the calories you burn up with the extra walking. This leaves room to continue to indulge. 😃😃

Dedicated cigar lounge with no cigarettes allowed. Also non smokers not allowed. On a top deck well ventilated with comfortable leather seating. Like the Freedom class on RCCL.

I know, ain't gonna happen, been there done that, thing of the past, but secluding the pariahs reduces the issue.

For a new design I'd like to see a self-serve launderette on each floor (as found on Princess). However carefully I pack there are always a few items I need to iron/press.

I agree with those who want a ship oriented to the sea, not a floating amusement park. My ideal ship would be about the M class size, have a thalasotherapy pool, some single cabins, a piano lounge. Lose the dreadful Park Gallery or whatever their name is. Also a 180 degree sky lounge up front, not chopped up to make room for suites or kids.

Linda

What I would like to see is someone come up with suggestions that not only would be a benefit to the customer, but also with keeping in mind that Celebrity is in the business of making money. So many of these threads just become a wish list without any thought of whether it's fiscally feasible for the company.

Actually, the only thing that I liked about the Princess ships were the lounges that had entertainment like a comedian and singers beside the theater. I also would like a T-pool like on the M class ships. A size between the M and S class ships.

A choice of two or three entertainment options each night. The main theatre show, a smaller show, a comedy show -- different ones every night from about 7 till about 11. Ability to see two or three in one night if you wanted. We go to Celebrity's comedy shows but it would be nice if they were not the same ones and if they weren't so late. Repeat each show a couple times a night and have some run concurrently so that guests have a choice or could go to one after another.

Full promenade deck and full walking/jogging track

$2.00 or $3.00 blackjack tables

Self-serve margarita machines. Ha ha ha

A full promenade deck

A thasso pool

Less or no lawn club

Reclining, comfy balcony chairs or footstools.

Drawers in the bedside tables

A walking track that isn't also the main walkway to various venues

Better in-room free movie selection

More comfortable chairs in the movie theater.

My wish list:

-M Class sized & Pax count

-Cabins with M class style storage, & S class style bathrooms

-Large outdoor aft eating area like on the Silhouette

T-Pool in a dedicated adults only area (no kiddies in the aq sap cafe or walking thru)

a fake turf lawn (they have great fake turf now) that would not have to "rest" as often, with bocce, lawn bowling, nightly picnics under the stars. :)