Breakfast in Sabatinis

margeg

Can the kids go with us to Sabatini's for breakfast? They're booked into the suites, too.

For that matter, are kids allowed to join us for dinner there? (We're used to Palo on DCL; no kids permitted.)

Can the kids go with us to Sabatini's for breakfast? They're booked into the suites, too.

For that matter, are kids allowed to join us for dinner there? (We're used to Palo on DCL; no kids permitted.)

If your children are booked in your suite, yes.

I don't know what the age break down is, but at Sabatini's or Crown Grill, it is half price below a certain age. Keep in mind, these dinners tend to take 2-3 hours.

They can also get hot chocolate (but no mimosas).

If your children are booked in your suite, yes.

I don't know what the age break down is, but at Sabatini's or Crown Grill, it is half price below a certain age. Keep in mind, these dinners tend to take 2-3 hours.

They can also get hot chocolate (but no mimosas).

Our daughter is booked into our suite, and our son is booked into my mother's suite, so they are both booked into suites. I just wasn't sure they could go to the restaurant with us, or if I should stick to ordering room service for them.

I think my son would do better at a 2-3 hour dinner than my mom would. She hates long drawn out meals. Still, even though I think the kids would enjoy a lot of the menu, I'm probably better off leaving them with my mom, and deciding Sabatini's is date night.

The kids would be thrilled to have good hot chocolate with breakfast. Oh, while I'm thinking about it, can they do crepes for breakfast in Sabatini's? And, if not, is there anywhere else on the ship that can do them?

Our daughter is booked into our suite, and our son is booked into my mother's suite, so they are both booked into suites. I just wasn't sure they could go to the restaurant with us, or if I should stick to ordering room service for them.

I think my son would do better at a 2-3 hour dinner than my mom would. She hates long drawn out meals. Still, even though I think the kids would enjoy a lot of the menu, I'm probably better off leaving them with my mom, and deciding Sabatini's is date night.

The kids would be thrilled to have good hot chocolate with breakfast. Oh, while I'm thinking about it, can they do crepes for breakfast in Sabatini's? And, if not, is there anywhere else on the ship that can do them?

You can move the dinner along a lot faster then 2-3 hours, just speak with your waiter.

We have been less than impressed by the "hot" breakfast we had delivered to our suite on debarkation day.

I agree - while it is convenient there is no comparison to being waited on in Sabatinis! Not to mention that the noise (unloading luggage/loading supplies) and the views from your balcony if you are in a container port don't match the ambiance of Sabatinis.

Does anyone have a copy of the breakfast menu?

In Sabatini's they will prepare just about anything you want for breakfast if the have the ingredients. They have no problems with "customizing" your order as well - just ask for like you want it.

But, suite guests can order a full hot breakfast from room service for debarkation day.

We were on for 5 B2B cruises on the Emerald Jan/Feb 2014 and the MD was Generoso and Sabatinis WAS OPEN ON DISEMBARKATION DAY. I think it is up the MD's discretion. Past cruises, even on the Emerald it was not open. This was the best perk not having to deal with dining room or buffet.

The hiurs were 7:30 -10:30 on our cruise last fall and it is a wonderful experience - so quiet and you can get anything you want. Loved the mimosas! And yes - it is for suite guests only. We ordered the full hot breakfast on disembarkation morning also. It was okay but nothing to rave about. The daily morning breakfasts in Sabatinis - fabulous!

Barb

This is the official menu (or has been for the past few years, we haven't cruised with Princess yet this year - going later one!)

Mimosa (Orange Juice and Champagne)

Juices and Fruits: Grapefruit, Apple, Cranberry, Tomato, V8, and Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice, Seasonal Fresh Fruit with Berries and Citrus Wedge, Chilled Melon with Mint

Beverages: Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee, Expresso, Cappuccino, and Hot Chocolate, Whole and Fat Free Milk, Soy Milk, Honey Sweetend Fruit Milk, Selection of Teas

Bakery: Croissants, Rolls, Loaf Bread, Bagels, Danish Pastries, Fruit Muffins & English Muffins, White & Whole Wheat Toast, Sweet Butter and Preserves

Cereals and Grains: Yogurt and Super Granola Parfait with Raspberry Swirl, Assorted Dry Cereals with Banana, Original Swiss Bircher Museli, Selection of Natural and Fruit Yogurts

Egg A La Carte: Prepared-to-order Egg Dishes, Soft Poached Egg over Roasted Potatoes with Hollandaise Sauce, Traditional Eggs Benedict, The Usual Sidings

Specialties: B.E.L.T. Sandwich (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce & Tomato), Toasted Bagel with Smoked Salmon, Onions & Cream Cheese, Brioche French Toast with Apple & Cinnamon Compote, Belgian Waffle with Whipping Cream or Maple Syrup, Cooked & Cured Cold Cuts

Regarding ordering from the main dining room menu or other specialty items, for the most part we have had the same experience as others (ask and ye shall receive) but on one earlier cruise a few years ago they would only serve what was on the above menu, nothing else.

Highly recommend Sabatinis breakfast! Attentive service, delicious espresso drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice, and scrumptious cooked-to-order food! What others have said is correct that you can customize everything. They will also tailor the breakfast to your schedule, so if you want to be in and out, just say the word!

Those locations are nice and my favorite, not the best in the old Sabatini's locations out onto the Promenade deck.

Location doesn't have anything to do with how much I enjoy breakfast in Sabatini's. It's the food and service that are so special. One of the greatest suite perks! (Also love the free unlimited laundry!). :p

Hi all,

We are currently on the Island Princess at the end of our cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed our Sabatini Breakfast each morning. I also casually asked the first morning if they had a mixed berry pancake. They had the batter and mix ready every morning in case I wanted it. It was so wonderful! enjoy

Yum, I am going to ask for this one!

Location doesn't have anything to do with how much I enjoy breakfast in Sabatini's. It's the food and service that are so special. One of the greatest suite perks! (Also love the free unlimited laundry!). :p

Never said it would affect my eating there. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

While we loved eating breakfast in Sabatini's--our South American cruise had lots of early port arrival days and we had to be off the ship right after Sabatini's opened. However, ordering a full breakfast was a great alternative.

On Celebrity--BLU--its restaurant for Aqua Class cabins and suites, opens early if the port day arrival starts early.

We hope that Sabatini's will open earlier for our cruise in August--very port intensive--UK cruise--early arrivals with long excursion days.

Don't forget that you can order specialty coffees in Sabatini's. I enjoyed my latte every morning and sometimes two!

I enjoyed two Mimosa's every morning, sometimes three.....:D:D:D

While we loved eating breakfast in Sabatini's--our South American cruise had lots of early port arrival days and we had to be off the ship right after Sabatini's opened. However, ordering a full breakfast was a great alternative.

On Celebrity--BLU--its restaurant for Aqua Class cabins and suites, opens early if the port day arrival starts early.

We hope that Sabatini's will open earlier for our cruise in August--very port intensive--UK cruise--early arrivals with long excursion days.

That's why I love T/A's (when I book a suite) and the many sea days. Looking forward to September when 8 of the 17 days are sea days....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Sabatini's breakfasts are one of the best perks in cruising. I explained what home fries were (and how to make them) and was treated to them every day. Well, on days I didn't have the fabulous eggs Benedict. Or the bagels with smoked salmon. Even the bagels are far superior to the ones on Lido. And nothing like a mimosa or two to get the day started. The service is fabulous--the best wait-staff on board must get these plum assignments.

And I agree, an earlier start time for those early port days would be great. We sometimes joked about not going ashore because we would miss breakfast at Sabatini's. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What is the bacon like in Sabitini's? Is it baked in the oven like in the buffet and MDR or can you order it however you like (DH likes his "wiggly")

I like soft bacon too. Not a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD