top sheet

pjchow

I understand that if you want a top sheet you need to ask for one.

Is whatever cover is on the bed, without the top sheet, changed/cleaned between each cruise? :confused:

There is a duvet with a duvet cover - the cover is changed between cruises - on the top of the bed.

Edited by capriccio

The duvet is changed. Do not know how often the actual comforter is changed. Do know it is washed every once in a while because the feathers from my last cruise were all in the lower right hand corner of each baffle square.

The bed looked like it had the goose bumps :D

On my last cruise on the Regal it was not a real top sheet, but a duvet cover without a comforter in it. But, it did work just fine. Just ask your steward.

That's what I have found them to be on every cruise, and they feel like 2 flat sheets sewn together. Even so, they are definitely cooler than a duvet,

If I had my way it would be that the duvet be completely removed from the bed, but apparently that is not allowed, so I have to fold it to the bottom of the bed each night.

I used the Fax Transmittal Form in the past. The sheet wasn't there last trip on Pacific but no problem when he made up the bed that night he added it. I did bring a copy of the form with me though. I use it for the egg crate request as well though with the new beds don't believe I will need this on the Regal in Oct.

That's what I have found them to be on every cruise, and they feel like 2 flat sheets sewn together. Even so, they are definitely cooler than a duvet,

If I had my way it would be that the duvet be completely removed from the bed, but apparently that is not allowed, so I have to fold it to the bottom of the bed each night.

I've had mine removed every time I've asked. However, that's another reason I always request a top sheet--the steward just folded up the duvet and stuffed it under the bed.

I like the "empty" duvet cover instead of a top sheet, but either one is fine.

No need to request a top sheet in advance, and they probably won't do it anyway. We've never had the bed as we request it on Cruise Personalizer, but the steward fixes it the first night when he does the turn down service.

Edited by FritzG

I used the Fax Transmittal Form in the past. The sheet wasn't there last trip on Pacific but no problem when he made up the bed that night he added it. I did bring a copy of the form with me though. I use it for the egg crate request as well though with the new beds don't believe I will need this on the Regal in Oct.

I am not quite sure why they have this option for anything. There is such a disconnect between Corporate and fleet. Everything that I have faxed is still not completed onboard. Still have to follow up. :rolleyes:

It's funny how we like different "bed conditions". The mattress, of course -people like different levels of firmness- but we differ with regard to sheets/blankets/spreads too.

We dislike having our feet confined by a sheet tucked in at the end of the bed, and like the Princess duvet system so much I'm trying to replicate it at home. I honestly don't know how the stewards change the duvet covers on 18-36 beds in one day. I find it hard to change one cover on one duvet on one bed once a week and end up wearing the thing before I'm done. But, we like the Princess duvet thing enough to keep working on it.

It's funny how we like different "bed conditions". The mattress, of course -people like different levels of firmness- but we differ with regard to sheets/blankets/spreads too.

We dislike having our feet confined by a sheet tucked in at the end of the bed, and like the Princess duvet system so much I'm trying to replicate it at home. I honestly don't know how the stewards change the duvet covers on 18-36 beds in one day. I find it hard to change one cover on one duvet on one bed once a week and end up wearing the thing before I'm done. But, we like the Princess duvet thing enough to keep working on it.

Check out the Westin Heavenly Bed linens. They live up to their billing.:) I can't get them because we have cats and dogs who live on the bed and would wreck them in short order. But I love it when we stay at a Westin hotel just for that.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I don't understand why a top sheet is not automatically put on the bed. Every hotel provides one. It is the first request of mine when we get on board. Usually we get a quick response - there was just one time we had to wait a day. In my experience a top sheet is standard in most countries. I was wondering if Princess was trying to save on laundry as we had one on Celebrity. I find it very hot to just have a duvet as my cover.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I don't understand why a top sheet is not automatically put on the bed. Every hotel provides one. It is the first request of mine when we get on board. Usually we get a quick response - there was just one time we had to wait a day. In my experience a top sheet is standard in most countries. I was wondering if Princess was trying to save on laundry as we had one on Celebrity. I find it very hot to just have a duvet as my cover.

We recently cruised HAL, Carnival and NCL. Carnival doesn't have one, HAL had one and NCL had one. No problem ever getting a top sheet on the first night from Princess or Carnival, but yes, would be nice not to have to ask for it.

In the US yes.

We have found many European hotels that we have stayed at don't have one either.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

90+% of the time, when shopping for sheets, they are packaged together, top and bottom SETS. Why is it so often that people seem to not understand why most people expect BOTH on their beds and if they don't use them, what do they do with the extra sheet? Sure, some of the higher end sheets like Calvin Klein, charging in the $100 range for a single sheet, is an option. :D

And as for not wanting your sheets tucked in at the bottom, why not just pull the sheet out? I do it every time I come back to our room after the bed turn down has been made. It only takes a couple light tugs and the sheet is no longer a trap for your feet. My husband is tall and his feet hang over the bottom of the bed; for us it is a necessity. Occasionally a steward will take notice and no longer tuck it in but simply fold it under or let it hand over the bottom of the bed.

And as for not wanting your sheets tucked in at the bottom, why not just pull the sheet out? I do it every time I come back to our room after the bed turn down has been made. It only takes a couple light tugs and the sheet is no longer a trap for your feet. My husband is tall and his feet hang over the bottom of the bed; for us it is a necessity. Occasionally a steward will take notice and no longer tuck it in but simply fold it under or let it hand over the bottom of the bed.

I've yet to have that happen. Ever. And we continually untuck them every single time.