S S United States to become Tuscan on Infinity?

C 2 C

I am not positive but it looks like Oct 15 , 2015. We are on the Infinity Oct 5-15 and next cruise I see begins in 2 weeks. Someone on the Infinity now stated yesterday he heard about SS United becoming Tuscan and also Bistro on 5 becoming a Sushi restaurant.

Interesting about Infinity and Bistro...we are booked for Oct 2016...and would miss Bistro. It was very nice on Connie. Not everyone does sushi....adding some to Bistro menu might work but would be sad to see Bistro go in its entirety.

We do not patronize Q sine on any ship....so replacing that would work fine for us....We like Silk Harvest which has a variety of Asian cuisine plus sushi...

Edited by hcat

Bistro on five is a great lunch / after excursion venue,

Quine sorry not for us tried it twice once ourselves another

with a group Tuscan grill ?? Always hit and miss

Celebrity if you are listening too many misses not for us.

However those speciality restaurants on the M class

Wonderful what fantastic memories

Normandie on Summit fantastic, and the wine cellar

in Ocean Liners on board the Connie will always have special

memories.

I know things move on that's why we drive better cars than we did

20 years ago but it doesn't mean we still don't love those cars.

Our Infinity cruise through the Panama Canal is a bucket list cruise. But, if Tuscan replaces the SS United States and Bistro on 5 is changed to sushi, which we don't like, this cruise will be moved to another ship. We are in a RS on this cruise and want to take advantage of unlimited specialty dining and much as we like Tuscan, would not want to eat there too often. I agree, if they convert Qusine to Tuscan that would be the best of all world as far as dining.

We haven't visited any alternative dining venues since Luminae was introduced, so I don't have any experience with them within the past year. But it seems odd to me to dump the United States for Tuscan, when Qsine is such a one-note experience. In fact, on all the of the cruises we have been on, Qsine basically looked to be empty and they had employees wandering the ship offering ridiculous deals to eat in there. Isn't the United States one of the elements of Celebrity that really carries on a sea-going feel and gives a nice nod to the past? I think that Qsine really feels like a Solstice Class element, and the United States, Normandie, et al, really feel uniquely Millennium Class. If this is true, it's a bit of a bummer to hear.

Michael

The food in Tuscan has gone way downhill in the past couple of years. It USED to be very good, and one of our favorites, but with obvious cut backs, it's no longer worth the cost. If they do change SS United States to a Tuscan, it will be a big mistake.

The dry dock is mid October (next month).

I am onboard the cruise before and the cruise after.

I would prefer they convert Q-Sine, but definitely prefer Tuscan to any "Murano" venue.

We will see what happens.....

We're on the one immediately before with you. I hope they don't start doing work while we're cruising.

You'll have to report back here from the cruise afterward so we can find out what they did.

Judy

I'm sad to hear about SS United States changing to Tuscan Grill. What a shame! Disagree totally about Qsine as that was our best meal on board Eclipse in the Specialities other than Murano! The menu in Qsine has gone up a few notches since we experienced her last and we thought it was fabulous!

Also hope they DONT change Bistro on 5 to Sushi as can't stand it and we always dine there at least twice on cruises.

Another reason to try other lines for us as the things we love disappear, good daytime entertainment on sea days, restaurant changes, highly inflated alcohol prices, the only thing left being the fabulous crew on board[emoji20]

Edited by davwen81

We are on the Oct 29th cruise so if it is true about Bistro on the Five changing to sushi I am happy. However sorry for those that don't like it, maybe it will be more than just sushi.

Very sorry will never get to try SS United States. We were going to dine there during this upcoming cruise however hearing what others are saying we won't

waste the money on Tuscan. Qsine is out that was a one time and done for us.

I am not positive but it looks like Oct 15 , 2015. We are on the Infinity Oct 5-15 and next cruise I see begins in 2 weeks. Someone on the Infinity now stated yesterday he heard about SS United becoming Tuscan and also Bistro on 5 becoming a Sushi restaurant.

We are also on this cruise. Can't wait...it's my first Celebrity cruise and I heard nothing but nice things about the line.

I realize some people thrive on the rumour mill and others refuse to believe any topic arising from it. It seems a Tuscan specialty dining area will soon be replacing the Murano-like menus on Infinity during dry dock.

Which dining experience did you prefer when sailing on a ship that offered both alternatives?

Very sad news. SS United States was fabulous.

- Joel

Getting rid of the United States Restaurant??? Well another step in the wrong direction from X. Those four Speciality Restaurants on board the Millenium Class of ships set them apart, made them kind of , well special , because every one is ( was) related to an ocean liner of yesteryear!

The should a Tuscany Grill were ever they choose, but should leave the United States Rest. well alone!

What a shame! Qusine is a gimmik - I can´t say anything about the food cause I never dinned there, whatever X ship I sailed. I don´t like those stupid chairs- the tablets to order once food- well others may love it- just not my thing!

I could see Qsine being converted to Tuscan on the Infinity but NOT OceanLiners! That space, and it's equivalents on the other Millenium class ships, is the cornerstone upon which Celebrity has built their speciality dining program that culminated with the Murano concept on the Solstice class ships. To me Qsine is a "one and done" kind of experience, more gimmick than substance. Tuscan on the Connie was fabulous and it's such a beautiful space, I was sad to hear that it would be the only Millenium class ship to get the venue.

Totally disagree. QSine is a great dining experience. Get a group of 6 or 8 people together at QSine and it is a lot of fun. QSine for 2 not so much fun.

DON

Don, I agree totally about Qsine and my husband and I just did a twosome last cruise and it was STILL wonderful. We had a seafood night, totally fabulous, but could have opted for a vegetarian, meat or mixed one. We LOVED it! And it's a great place to share s table with new friends too!

I'm currently on the celebrity infinity. Last night at the elite cocktail party in the constellation lounge we had a chance to talk to one of the officers in the Guest Relations department and he confirmed that the United States dining room will be turned into the Tuscan Grille. He also mentioned that the Royal Suites would be redesigned and other sprucing up of the ship. Dry dock is set for sometime mid October for 12 to 15 days in Freeport Bahamas.

I might add that Lumina is probably the best specialty restaurant that celebrity has ever created well worth the upgrade to suite category. Jeff

I think that it is a shame to turn that specialty restaurant to a Tuscan Grille. Tuscan has food that I am happy having once on a cruise. Guess I should be glad that my next trip on Infinity we will be in a Celebrity suite and I know where I will be eating well every night.

Pat

I'm currently on the celebrity infinity. Last night at the elite cocktail party in the constellation lounge we had a chance to talk to one of the officers in the Guest Relations department and he confirmed that the United States dining room will be turned into the Tuscan Grille. He also mentioned that the Royal Suites would be redesigned and other sprucing up of the ship. Dry dock is set for sometime mid October for 12 to 15 days in Freeport Bahamas.

I might add that Lumina is probably the best specialty restaurant that celebrity has ever created well worth the upgrade to suite category. Jeff

I wonder what they could be doing to the Royal suites. I hope they don't change the access to the bathroom. We booked the RS for our South American cruise because we have our daughter sleeping in the living area. We went the RS over CS because you have to access the bathroom in the CS via the bedroom.

Very sad news. SS United States was fabulous.

- Joel

Agree!

For us, it was the Gold Standard of dining. Our favorite restaurant of any ship. It is sad, but I also know it was never crowded/full any time we dined there.

So many things we loved about M class ships are going away from our first sailing in 2005.

We are also on board currently. We ate at the United States the other night. The food was excellent but the service was painfully slow. It was not busy. I suspect that Luminae has impacted the number of people eating at the United States. Perhaps that is a factor in the decision to change the venue.

I could not agree more with Jeff regarding Luminae. The entire experience has been superb. The service is excellent and the food outstanding. The atmosphere is intimate and much more relaxing than the always busy main dining room. Luminae is a home run for us and will be a significant factor as we consider future cruises. Well done Celebrity!

We agree about Luminae but do feel the Royal Suite on M-Class could use some modernizing, especially in terms of decor / furnishings (Hard product).

Happy sailing,

Jenna