BOGOHO a way of life???

swooldri

It seems this "special" has been running for the last 6 months or so. It must be working.

Is it that good of a deal?

Will RCI ever return to "regular" pricing? :eek:

It's been running since May 2014. I can only recall one month when it didn't run, and they had something else, like 30% off first and second guests.

In other words....decide what you're comfortable paying for a cruise and whether a particular cruise line advertises it as 10% off, BOGOHO, 30% off or even 90% off...if in the end you think a cruise is worth $3000 then pay $3000 for it.

All the constant whining on these boards about whether an advertised price is a "true sale" is just that....whining.

Pay what you want to pay and have fun. That's the bottom line, whichever cruise line you end up choosing.

I just booked a cruise on Liberty and the price with the BOGOHO is essentially the same as we paid for our Freedom cruise several years ago. I just find it mildly amusing that they believe their customers are really that stupid. It's a little insulting.

In another thread about 3rd and 4th guest pricing, I went to the RCCL website to check some prices and found that the sample I was checking for Allure on June 5, 2016 was NOT priced as a BOGO - guests 1 and 2 were both priced the same.

I just booked a cruise on Liberty and the price with the BOGOHO is essentially the same as we paid for our Freedom cruise several years ago. I just find it mildly amusing that they believe their customers are really that stupid. It's a little insulting.

I feel like it has less to do with fooling their current customer base and more to do with attracting new ones.

Everything has gone up in the past several years not just cruises. it may be hard not to compare but pricing has changed.

Now this made me laugh.

Anyone else remember a year or so when JC Penny said "no more sales, we're just going to mark the prices as is!" Yea, that didn't go over so well.

Which would you rather do...

BOGOHO

Pax1: $2000

Pax2: $1000

Total: $3000

"Straight Pricing"

Pax1: $1500

Pax2: $1500

Why does it matter how they market? If the final total price is the same, what difference does it make?

I was driving by a car dealer the other day and a new pickup truck had "$10,000 off" written in the window. You think that $10K is off their sale price?

It's all marketing.

Anyone else remember a year or so when JC Penny said "no more sales, we're just going to mark the prices as is!" Yea, that didn't go over so well.

BOGOHO

"Straight Pricing"

Why does it matter how they market? If the final total price is the same, what difference does it make?

I was driving by a car dealer the other day and a new pickup truck had "$10,000 off" written in the window. You think that $10K is off their sale price?

It's all marketing.

I remember that well. That CEO was fired after deciding to do away with coupons. Prices are as is. Lol.

The same could be said for "Saturn".....No haggeling....pricing "as is". Soooooo, where are they now? Yup...GONE

People always want to thing they are getting a deal.

Edited by champagne123
llllll

In other words....decide what you're comfortable paying for a cruise and whether a particular cruise line advertises it as 10% off, BOGOHO, 30% off or even 90% off...if in the end you think a cruise is worth $3000 then pay $3000 for it.

All the constant whining on these boards about whether an advertised price is a "true sale" is just that....whining.

Pay what you want to pay and have fun. That's the bottom line, whichever cruise line you end up choosing.

I agree.

I don't even pay attention to the sales anymore. If the price is in my range, then I'll book it, no matter what sale is going on the time... But a little OBC is never a bad thing...:p

It's been running since May 2014. I can only recall one month when it didn't run, and they had something else, like 30% off first and second guests.

We booked 3 cruises during the 30% off sale. The rates were slightly more attractive than the never ending BOGOHO sale. :D

I remember that well. That CEO was fired after deciding to do away with coupons. Prices are as is. Lol.

The same could be said for "Saturn".....No haggeling....pricing "as is". Soooooo, where are they now? Yup...GONE

People always want to thing they are getting a deal.

Saturns pricing structure had nothing to do with it's demise.

BOGO seems like the new direction RCI took and are staying the course for the foreseeable future

Bill

Curious as to if once you book a BOGOHO cruise, and you call back once you see the fare drop, will RCI again apply BOGOHO to new reduced fare?

Or will they just rebook at lower fares if lower than original. I think that what's they do -- BOGOHO is a one-shot deal.

Good luck trying to figure out if it is actually a lower price. That has been our problem. We had a booked an onboard cruise that "appeared" to have a lower price. Once the reservationist went through all the BOGO and promotional stuff....it wasn't. That was our experience so far.

I guess if it was dramatically lower, than yes, you would be eligible for the lower price, dependent on what rules and promos are associated with the new fare. They are going to re-price it.

Curious as to if once you book a BOGOHO cruise, and you call back once you see the fare drop, will RCI again apply BOGOHO to new reduced fare?

Or will they just rebook at lower fares if lower than original. I think that what's they do -- BOGOHO is a one-shot deal.

They will rebook with whatever promo is running at the time. Since they seem to like the BOGOHOax, it's likely that it will still be running, should there be a price drop.

BOGOHO

"Straight Pricing"

It's all marketing.

The problem with JC Penney isn't just that they got rid of the fake, never-ending sales. It was that they raised their prices back to the insanely inflated MSRP. So that Polo that was always 50% off, but now wasn't, actually did go from $20 to $40. If all of the marked prices dropped to the fake sale price, things may have gone better.

The only real problem I know of with the RCL BOGO, is they are not giving single passengers the discount on the single supplement. So in your BOGOHO example, a single passenger would have to pay $4000.

It seems this "special" has been running for the last 6 months or so. It must be working.

Is it that good of a deal?

Will RCI ever return to "regular" pricing? :eek:

They've taken the PT Barnum angle on this - "there's a sucker born every minute". By making believe people are getting a great deal, there's lots of people out there that will actually believe it.