Big Announcement coming soon (Week of 10/26?)

InTheWASide

Really don't think this has anything to do with reciprocal loyalty benefits because, by all reports, this announcement will be made by HAL and only by HAL. If it involved other cruise lines, Princess, etc., then executives from those lines would be there as well and this would be a joint announcement by all cruise lines concerned. The reports do not seem to support such a joint announcement.

Really don't think this has anything to do with reciprocal loyalty benefits because, by all reports, this announcement will be made by HAL and only by HAL. If it involved other cruise lines, Princess, etc., then executives from those lines would be there as well and this would be a joint announcement by all cruise lines concerned. The reports do not seem to support such a joint announcement.

Exactly. Couple that with the quote "promises to take Holland America Line in a bold direction where no cruise line has ever gone before"and the fact that the "Dancing with the Stars" promotion is ending and we've got -

The StarTrek Experience - coming to a showroom near you (if you're on a HAL ship, that is).

I'm confused (but that's not unusual). If the announcement had to do with reciprocal loyalty, why would that be a HAL announcement? Why wouldn't it be a CCL announcement?

I agree.

You're assuming a 1:1 exchange on days. Nothing guarantees it will be that way or that the announcement consists of this. Someone paying carnivals per diems should not be getting an equal number of credit days with seabourn. That, quite frankly, would be idiotic.

Not to mention it's been done before. Royal, X and Azamara have an exchange like this

Idiotic?

Why is that so different than someone accumulating all their days in an Inside Cabin having the same number of days as someone always in a Pinnacle Suite? What is the difference? I'm not saying I don't think it is just fine and no problem but why would it be a problem if we're speaking one brand to another based soley upon how much someone paid?

Maybe they should start giving days based upon total amount spent for the cruise including fare, excursions (booked with the ship), bar tab, art auction, photos etc?

Edited by sail7seas

I heard from an insider that HAL will be taking the biggest step ever towards a full green initiative - something no other line has ever done before. All engines are being removed from their ships. Passengers will now be required to row for propulsion making them the cleanest green ships on the sea.

I heard from an insider that HAL will be taking the biggest step ever towards a full green initiative - something no other line has ever done before. All engines are being removed from their ships. Passengers will now be required to row for propulsion making them the cleanest green ships on the sea.

Thanks for my morning giggle.

Good one, Justin!!!! How the heck are you?

Cheers, Denise

Greenest and leanest! :D

Exactly. Couple that with the quote "promises to take Holland America Line in a bold direction where no cruise line has ever gone before"and the fact that the "Dancing with the Stars" promotion is ending and we've got -

The StarTrek Experience - coming to a showroom near you (if you're on a HAL ship, that is).

To be truthful I think it will be something along these lines. and when we hear it we will all groan and say " This was the BIG Announcement???"

No more single supplements:D

That'll NEVER happen -- and I actually comprehend why. However, as I posted earlier, it would be nice if we solos received loyalty-program points in line with the actual amount we pay as a result of the supplement, as do Princess solos.

Why is that so different than someone accumulating all their days in an Inside Cabin having the same number of days as someone always in a Pinnacle Suite You know as well as I do that in recent years suites have received double days so they do not in fact receive the same number.? What is the difference? I'm not saying I don't think it is just fine and no problem but why would it be a problem if we're speaking one brand to another based soley upon how much someone paid? If/when they switch to a model that may be Carnival Corporation-wide I have a feeling it may be more based on overall or estimated values spent on other lines or a similar exchange-type format. Perhaps 1 day on CCL = .5 days on PCL/HAL = .25 days on Cunard/Seabourn. Obviously just an example but I think it's pretty obvious that 50 days on Carnival shouldn't get me to the 50 day level on Seabourn, Cunard, etc

Maybe they should start giving days based upon total amount spent for the cruise including fare, excursions (booked with the ship), bar tab, art auction, photos etc? And as you are already well aware HAL does this too and allows extra days based on onboard spend. If there's ever a multi-brand loyalty I expect this would likely be a factor as well.

See above

Edited by InTheWASide

The same online source that started this thread just posted this on twitter a few hours ago:

Chris Owen ‏@OrlandoChris 16 hours ago

Big @HALcruises news coming 10-29 in LIVE NYC reveal #koningsdam #hollandamerica

So it would appear we now have a date. A week from today in NYC

Edited by InTheWASide

See above

Many of those benefits are duplicated as amentities sold to Suite guests. One only boards the tender (priority) either from suite or from high mariner level. The t shirt I send to the laundry is no additional cost to me either because of high star mariner or suite guest.... duplication. The benefits 'given' are taken from the suites in lots of cases.

You neglected to mention the 'days' shut off at 500. Doesn't matter if they triple the days for suites, they count for nothing once a person reaches 500. Many of us have far more than 500 days.

Combining days from other Carnival brands should be really interesting :rolleyes: and I do suspect something of that sort is 'in the wind'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

To be truthful I think it will be something along these lines. and when we hear it we will all groan and say " This was the BIG Announcement???"

Announcement could be that HAL is building a new building a couple of blocks up for the "HAL Group". No other cruise line has ever done that before and it likely is a HUGE announcement to at least the current landlord and the people that live where the new building will be built.

Edited by frankc98376

Announcement could be that HAL is building a new building a couple of blocks up for the "HAL Group". No other cruise line has ever done that before and it is a HUGE announcement to at least the current landlord.

The new Seattle HQ? That was mentioned quite some time ago

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/morning_call/2015/05/holland-america-to-leave-interbay-move-to-new.html

It's not available in Spring 2016 but here's a page that shows a couple pictures

http://www.martinselig.com/property/third-and-harrison/

Edited by InTheWASide

Announcement could be that HAL is building a new building a couple of blocks up for the "HAL Group". No other cruise line has ever done that before and it likely is a HUGE announcement to at least the current landlord and the people that live where the new building will be built.

Hasn't that already been announced? :D

The same online source that started this thread just posted this on twitter a few hours ago:

So it would appear we now have a date. A week from today in NYC

Since that information included #Koningsdam, I'll just hold out hope that she'll be smoke free.

Hey, one can dream! :)

Tom

Re: the talk about it being about Mariner reciprocity.

As noted by Stephen and others, this would be a mess: Cunard top is 150, HAL 500, etc

I think if it is ever done, the HAL Group will totally evaporate the current programs on all these lines and start from scratch.

For example, a new Group-wide program would have a new basis, say "Waves" instead of "Stars" and your Days and or Cruise Days would be allotted on a different basis, maybe HAL 10 would = 5, 200 would =100. Cunard would maybe be double the current ones, etc and so on through the lines .

And there would be completely different set of "Wave" levels with different perks, probably based on a combination of the perks from the different lines.

Anyways, that is what my morning wandering mind comes up with, but I would like something like that.