Are luggage tags by mail automatic--anyway to stop?

JohnBoy in NC

For my upcoming cruise on Connie, I did request luggage tags and received them. Then the following week I got more luggage tags from Celebrity...so really no need to request from the website/My Reservation.

So can you request Celebrity NOT to send us luggage tags via mail? Reason being my January Summit cruise is a TOTAL Surprise for my bride...and I don't want to tip her off by receiving a Celebrity mailing a month or two before the trip. She knows she is going on a cruise but not which cruise line, itinerary etc.

Can Celebrity flag in their system to stop automatic mailing of luggage tags?

(great service BTW, just don't want it for this sailing!)

Thanks

John in NC

cruise but not which cruise line, itinerary etc.

Thanks

John in NC

Just like ESSIESMOM stated, alert your travel agent if you have one NOT to request luggage tags. I always order ours when the ticket "booklet" is made available and once our TA was just as quick on the trigger and we got two sets.

JAYOLDSCHOOL... Yes they do send them out, (got ours about 2 weeks ago) but they must be requested once your cruise ticket "booklet" can be downloaded or printed...But don't wait too long. If you get too close to the cruise date they will not send them out.

bosco

For my upcoming cruise on Connie, I did request luggage tags and received them. Then the following week I got more luggage tags from Celebrity...so really no need to request from the website/My Reservation.

So can you request Celebrity NOT to send us luggage tags via mail? Reason being my January Summit cruise is a TOTAL Surprise for my bride...and I don't want to tip her off by receiving a Celebrity mailing a month or two before the trip. She knows she is going on a cruise but not which cruise line, itinerary etc.

Thanks

John in NC

In order for the guest to receive actual luggage tags, luggage tags will have to be requested.

Basically Luggage tags are available to request by mail 49 days prior to sailing up until 11 days prior to sailing.

If OP used a Travel Agent, be sure to let them know not to request them. Some automatically do this as a service to clients, but it's not automatic. SO possibly they requested them. You can request luggage tags to be mailed 2 times, they won't mail a 3rd set unless you call in (useful info for those who may have 3 or more in a cabin at different addresses who may all order tags, only the 1st 2 who order will get them).

Luggage tag FAQ:

How do I get luggage tags for my cruise?

North American guests who have received their electronic cruise document (eDoc) and have an assigned stateroom number may request their complimentary luggage tags by logging on to Online Check-in

Once you log-in (providing your name, last name, ship & sail date), select "request" in the Luggage Tags section of the Cruise Documentation Page to submit. A set of eight complimentary self-adhesive, printed luggage tags will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the North American mailing address provided in your request form. The tags color coded & customized to your ship, sailing date & stateroom.

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 11 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 11 days prior to sailing.

If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

I requested ours 2 weeks ago and have received nothing...again

Where do you live? The only mail them out to North American guests.

How do I get luggage tags for my cruise?

North American guests who have received their electronic cruise document (eDoc) and have an assigned stateroom number may request their complimentary luggage tags by logging on to Online Check-in

Once you log-in (providing your name, last name, ship & sail date), select "request" in the Luggage Tags section of the Cruise Documentation Page to submit. A set of eight complimentary self-adhesive, printed luggage tags will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the North American mailing address provided in your request form. The tags color coded & customized to your ship, sailing date & stateroom.

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 11 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 11 days prior to sailing.

If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

As an FYI, you can request for luggage tags and have them sent to a different address. When you fill out the request form you fill in the address you want them to be mailed to.

That's a GREAT idea! :) That way, the OP would still have the tags to use -- as part of the surprise -- when he tells her! :cool:

That's a GREAT idea! :) That way, the OP would still have the tags to use -- as part of the surprise -- when he tells her! :cool:

Thanks everyone for the info---great idea to send to another address. We do use an online TA and I will ask her not to send (if they do or as others surmised maybe a glitch in the system this past time).

Can't wait to sail Celebrity soon!

John in NC

• 1 month later...
I've requested two times also and still have not gotten them. My TA thinks that I might have to wait until T-30 days before sailing for it to work.

you need to order in a window of about 20-60 days prior to your cruise. as others have said - luggage tags offer nothing to you except time to fill out the forms to order. just drop your bags off at the pier and show your documents with your cabin number. done.

I have always requested the tags and always received them. It's really exciting to receive that piece of mail.

As for the tags offering nothing to you, that is not true in my case. The excess tags make a wonderful border on a scrapbook if you're into that.

• 2 weeks later...

From the OP

Just off the Connie and had Summit luggage tags waiting for me at home. Luckily I saw it and grabbed it before my wife went threw the week's mail. Again I did NOT check the box to mail me tags. My coworker who is going on the same cruise received hers as well without asking Celebrity to do so.

Nice perk but not if you want to keep it a secret! :) Anyhow hope this helps future cruisers planning a nice surprise for their spouse.

Happy cruising all!

JohnBoy

From the OP

Just off the Connie and had Summit luggage tags waiting for me at home. Luckily I saw it and grabbed it before my wife went threw the week's mail. Again I did NOT check the box to mail me tags. My coworker who is going on the same cruise received hers as well without asking Celebrity to do so.

Nice perk but not if you want to keep it a secret! :) Anyhow hope this helps future cruisers planning a nice surprise for their spouse.

Happy cruising all!

JohnBoy

You might want to consider a new TA if they cannot follow a simple request.

Of course they might claim they did not order them and Celebrity just sent them. Personally I doubt it.

Edited by jagoffee

From the OP

Happy cruising all!

JohnBoy

I am on the same Summit sailing as you and still have not received luggage tags. I have requested them online 4 times now. Going to call Celebrity and ask them to mail them out to me. Seems that is the only way to get them.

As for the tags offering nothing to you, that is not true in my case. The excess tags make a wonderful border on a scrapbook if you're into that.

Wonderful scrapbook idea! But, the way I read that other statement... there would be NO extra tags because the bag of shoes uses the extra. :D