Another New Bistro Menu (Two Threads Merged)

hcat

We are following Jenna's (need2bespolied) great live review of Infinty /SA...

She included post of another new Bistro menu....daily soups but no lamb or other daily specials...

Has anyone see this menu on other ships? Esp Equinox?

Looks like they have fewer "cooked" meals & more salads, perhaps to speed delivery time to tbls, desserts, soups, crepes and paninis still there....but don't think it will be a good dinner option without the specials that were recently added but now gone. We were looking forward to the lamb!

Not sure my attempt to attach will work..

2f7d191145463fc3b0e4ad333fb028ab.jpg.bf1650517c94610ec805f8e2bb149c51.jpg

One bit of me says it is ok for a quick lunch but it would be nice to have a standard soup on menu (maybe a simple veg).

I am unsure how this can justify an additional 10 dollars though without a substantial 'dish of the day'.

My feeling is it is fine for those of us who just use it as a lunchtime freebie (suite perk) but not good enough for those who in the evening want to use it as an alternative to MDR. Shame as the dish of the day made it a place you could go to for an alternative meal, now it is more of a snack bar...

Given the number of folks I saw dining in the Bistro last week on the equinox, I'd say it really doesn't matter if there are specials or not.....the only public space on the ship that's used less is Quasar which could be converted to a storage closet and no one would even notice.

And if you are going to leave the shakes on the menu, then at least have a choice of burger and fries. They sort of go hand in hand.

And of the 5 savory crepe choices 3 are beef. How about a shrimp or pork or a classic mushroom w bechamel sauce? I will be ordering the duck sandwich guts in a crepe!

Edited by jenniebnyc

She included post of another new Bistro menu....daily soups but no lamb or other daily specials...

Looks like they have fewer "cooked" meals & more salads, perhaps to speed delivery time to tbls, desserts, soups, crepes and paninis still there....but don't think it will be a good dinner option without the specials that were recently added but now gone. We were looking forward to the lamb!

We just off Summit. Celebrity substituted lunch in Luminae (port days ) with Bistro. Bistro changed the menue on the third day of sailing. All daily food specials removed, just daily soups....

Pace of service very slow since just 1-2 waiters and unexperienced chief. We just stopped for quick bite like soup and tuna sandwiched. Burger was burned and crepes raw (french crepe was too sweet for our taste).

We talked to F&B manager about our experience and they greatly improved last day.

Usually eat at the Bistro on 1st day instead of buffet Onion soup was very good as the lamb chops. Service was very good and eventually almost all tables were occupied. Don't mind the $10 as it beats fighting the buffet and we are in no rush. We find it very pleasant. We were on the Connie Dec 12 sailing.

Sad to hear the new menu was pulled before we even tried it...

on Ref and Connie last year, it was enjoyable for lunch and brunch with decent food and service and we looked forward to it possibly being good for a casual dinner..

Dh got a great celery soup recipe from the B on 5 chef on Ref, served it for Thanksgiving and was a huge hit..our guests were almost licking their bowls

Looks like we'll be passing it by this time..,

We just got off the Equinox on December 21st. This is not the menu that we had when we ate in Bistro on December 11th.

The menu that we had was the more extensive menu that we had on Infinity in September.

Bistro on Five was full at lunch time on embarkation day. Service was faster than usual. The food was all very good, service was very friendly.

Wow! They have reduced the offerings :eek:. Not much choice at all, but notice the price hasn't been reduced. I wonder if Infinity was the first to get the new menu because it has just been in for the refit? Have they started the food in the movie area yet? Perhaps that menu will be limited too?

It would be nice to have some clarification from Celebrity as to whether the Bistro menu is, in fact, a permanent change fleetwide. The wife and I just discovered Bistro on our last sailing and she fell in love with the Monday Mac & Cheese. If this change is the way it's going to continue, I doubt we'll ever go back. Might as well replace it with whatever concept-of-the-month bar is next on the list.

We were on Infinity in October. One of the daily specials was "chicken pot pie". My husband had to go back the next week to have it again. i had a wonderful steak salad. The steak was a filet and lots of it. Hope they have these items again when we sail in April

We just got off the Equinox on December 21st. This is not the menu that we had when we ate in Bistro on December 11th.

The menu that we had was the more extensive menu that we had on Infinity in September.

Bistro on Five was full at lunch time on embarkation day. Service was faster than usual. The food was all very good, service was very friendly.

Hope we luck out and have the expanded menu on the 1/2 sailing. Maybe Celebrity Official can clarify..we'll definitely report back!

we are just off of the Summit from a B2B Dec 5th and Dec 12th. the first week had a special menu item each night and my wife did love the bacon mac and cheese. the next night had chicken pot pie which again was excellent. but the cesear salad with grilled shrimp was top notch. the second week had no dinner specials but the soup menu instead. did not go there for the soup

Usually eat at the Bistro on 1st day instead of buffet Onion soup was very good as the lamb chops. Service was very good and eventually almost all tables were occupied. Don't mind the $10 as it beats fighting the buffet and we are in no rush. We find it very pleasant. We were on the Connie Dec 12 sailing.

I agree, and actually always find it pleasant. And usually about 1/2 to 3/4 occupied. I am so amazed at the bad reviews and experiences at Bistro. In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind the $10 at all either.

So many complain about so much issues on Celebrity, threatening to no longer be a customer. YET they are so often browsing on the Celebrity CC forum. Go figure!!

Given the number of folks I saw dining in the Bistro last week on the equinox, I'd say it really doesn't matter if there are specials or not.....the only public space on the ship that's used less is Quasar which could be converted to a storage closet and no one would even notice.

Interesting.

On my recent Reflection cruise, when the specials of the day were still in place, it was very busy every day. I was shocked at how busy it was. We actually had to wait for a table once. So maybe they were losing money on the specials? Who knows? But generally speaking, the cutbacks are becoming very noticeable, and it is annoying.