Bathroom night light?

cwbabe48

Use a flashlight or the flashlight app on your smart phone or a tap light such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Anywhere-Closets-Garages-Storage/dp/B00N9PE83I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454514061&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=tap+light&psc=1

You don't mention what cruise ship. If it happens to be NCL Epic, they have automatic lights which come on with a sensor in the toilet rooms which have frosted glass doors. To prevent the light from coming on, it is good to bring some Post It notes and put it over the sensor on the ceiling.

I don't know of any other cruise ship that has these sensors.

We get up in the middle of the night and don't want to bother each other in the cabin.

What night light do you suggest since there is no plugin in the bathroom

Thanks

There is an outlet in the bathroom. It's typically just above the upper right-hand corner of the mirror. However, it is connected to the bathroom's light switch, so when you turn off the light, the outlet is turned off as well. We bring a battery operated tap light, (like this) and leave it on in the bathroom at night:

EVAL33A.3.png

This one is made by Energizer (we bought ours at Target), but you should be able to find this or one similar at most department stores.

Edited by beachbum53

I bring those neon necklaces/bracelets -- the kind you snap and whatever it is that makes them glow activates (the kind you see kids with at fairs, circuses, et cetera). You can find them in the toy section of Wal-Mart a lot of times though you do have to look.

I put them on the door handle of the bathroom so you can see where the door is in the middle of the night.

There are lots of inexpensive battery operated lights. They are not always with the night lights in stores - you may need to look around - sometimes with closet stuff. They work well.

You can also leave the bathroom door closed with the light on - enough light shines under the door.

A flashlight also works well and is a good idea on any trip for any possible emergency.

I bring a little torch.

Unfortunately I usually have to turn the light on to find the torch. :D

But hey, it shows I tried. ;)

JB :)

For the uninitiated, in the U.K., it's called a torch. Here in the U.S., it's called a flashlight. ;)

On Royal ships, that bathroom outlet is turned on and off with the bathroom light.

Interesting, never been on RCL

On Oceania they supply a night light usually it is in the bathroom & on even when the light switch is off

We get up in the middle of the night and don't want to bother each other in the cabin.

What night light do you suggest since there is no plugin in the bathroom

Thanks

we found a neat magnetic LED light. sticks on the door and activates with a push of the finger.

Celebrity also has bathroom night lights, or at least they did on the Solstice.. We haven't had good luck leaving the bathroom door open, however, as it will bang back & forth if the ship is rocking and rolling. We always leave the drapes open at night and there's usually enough light to find your way to the bathroom, but just in case I do bring a tiny flashlight and keep it on the nightstand. On the Solstice we had an aft cabin and they had a lovely light on the wake all night long - I couldn't resist going to the window to look at it any time I got up at night.

Edited by Kartgv