Review: A Somewhat Disenchanting Three Days on Enchantment Feb. 12-15

jpm1973

Enjoying your review,pictures taking me back to our cruise on Enchantment. Agree re. Promenade deck, especially aft - my favourite quiet spot for sitting and watching the water.

Thanks for reading!

Great review- Did I miss the disenchanted part? Everyone sounds good to me so far

Thanks! You didn't miss it - coming up on Day 3.

philatiger - sorry that happened. Definitely out of character. I wonder if perhaps the steward was brand new- not only on the job but even first time out of his country. Definitely a training failure.

jpm

I'm on pins and needles to find out the disenchantment! I remember your Oasis review - great info for us since we sailed shortly after you. Your style and pics are great. Hope the cat issue resolved itself.

Loving your review!!! I've never even considered the smaller ships, but your photos have sold me on them! I'm actually wanting to try one now!

I need RC to get a smaller ship here in Galveston (or Houston since both Princess and Norwegian are both leaving) and do those 4 & 5 day runs that Carnival does. STAT! :D

Waiting to hear the disenchanting part. We got off a back to back Carnival in Nov of 14 on a Saturday and went back out on the Enchantment the following Monday. I wanted to compare while Carnival was fresh in my mind. I thought RCL is a bit more elegant and I liked the soda machines but otherwise prefer Carnival for the price difference. The food was about the same but the cabin was smaller.

I will be interested to hear your take on these things. We are going to give the Allure a try in June this year though. For me the ship is the draw, not the itinerary.

We had requested the beds to be together like we always do. When we got to the cabin they were apart. Figured no big deal, when we see the steward we would ask for them to be put together. When he knocked on the door later to introduce himself I asked him to put the beds together. He gave me a weird look, pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, and then said: But you are 2 men. I said yes, but that shouldn't matter. he then did a little head jerk and said huh,,, ok. It was very obvious by his responses that he had a problem with it. I'm pretty thick skinned, but this I felt needed to be addressed so no one else should have to deal with that type of response. Plus I really didn't want him in our cabin at this point.

Was very surprised that he would even question our request. I'm sure it is a request they get often. We just asked for a new steward and suggested they maybe revisit diversity training. This is the first time we have ever encountered this.

I worried that might have been what you encountered. We always expect something like that, but have been lucky enough that is hasn't happened . . . yet. Sorry that happened to you guys.

Glad that you still had a great time!

following! Just got off Enchantment on 2/12. It was cold! Have been on Enchantment for our first cruise. We did relax but 4 days not enough for us. It was nice for a first cruise and to try it. We travel from NY and to travel for 4 nights not for us. We relaxed and had a wonderful time but in the future we prefer larger ships. We are headed for Adventure this summer. We would sail on Enchantment again if we were already in Orlando for something else and wanted to take a short cruise.

It was after final payment date. Does Royal offer anything in those situations? I tried searching but it seemed like the only option would be an upgrade if the cost for the higher category was less than what we originally paid.

I am not sure what the options are after final payment.... I am sure someone with more experience can answer that for you

Scott…WAKE UP, WAKE UP. :D:D It's a new morning and I'm eager to hear about the "disenchanting" part.

You are doing a great job on your review…looking forward to reading more.

We are boarding the Oasis and will read your Oasis review while waiting for the "disenchanting" part.:)

Edited by beachnative