Anthem 3 day. First impressions.

So I was wrong. Captain Claus is not on board. Everyone, including crew, is surprised. And we have asked a half dozen crew and no one knows who it is.

But we are sailing south away from the storm. I don't see how we could make Halifax this way so I guess they are choosing to pay the fine for no foreign port.

Our sail away was sunny and bright.

Then I was at concierge club. Because they are still on Outbreak Prevention level 3, there are no hors d'oeuvres, breakfast or coffee machine in use for 48 hours in the lounges. "Because you can touch them" was the explanation. Drinks still flowing. :)

Got a hot dog at sea plex. Fun.

Then ran into my new cruise friend Stacey and her husband and we plopped down at Schooner. Now my favorite bar on board. Oh that reminds me. Bionic Bar actually made me my best drink on board before I got to Schooner. :)

Now at Jamie's for dinner. Next to a couple that is so inebriated the forks are missing the mouths and the hiccups are non stop. That will be a hangover. :). Oh wait they just started singing. Can't make this up.

Edited by MattInFLL

So I was wrong. Captain Claus is not on board. Everyone, including crew, is surprised. And we have asked a half dozen crew and no one knows who it is.

But we are sailing south away from the storm. I don't see how we could make Halifax this way so I guess they are choosing to pay the fine for no foreign port.

Our sail away was sunny and bright.

Then I was at concierge club. Because they are still on Outbreak Prevention level 3, there are no hors d'oeuvres, breakfast or coffee machine in use for 48 hours in the lounges. "Because you can touch them" was the explanation. Drinks still flowing. :)

Got a hot dog at sea plex. Fun.

Then ran into my new cruise friend Stacey and her husband and we plopped down at Schooner. Now my favorite bar on board. Oh that reminds me. Bionic Bar actually made me my best drink on board before I got to Schooner. :)

Now at Jamie's for dinner. Next to a couple that is so inebriated the forks are missing the mouths and the hiccups are non stop. That will be a hangover. :). Oh wait they just started singing. Can't make this up.

What were they singing? ;)

I hear there was a tweet from Royal. It's official. We are headed south to avoid rougher seas.

Nah, that's just a convenient excuse - RCI is making that up, there's no weather up there, you are avoiding the noro outbreak up north.

We were on the Quantum last March right before they went to China. We were also on a cruise right after they had noro so I remember all the handwashing. But the ship looked the same. We were told that they made some changes to the ship just for the market in China. Keep the pictures coming.

Definitely going south but not quickly. Last position on Marine Traffic as of just before 11pm EST last night.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378821&d=1457172665

On board now as well. Definitely a very rough evening after a great day aboard Anthem. I'm a pretty regular cruiser and this is very rough for me. Usually I go to sleep and there's no issues but last night I couldn't get comfortable due to rocking.

Quite honestly I'm a little put off by the fact that there was no announcement due to the course change. I definitely agree with the the captain for making the call due to weather but why don't you let the passengers know? We were already down by Washington DC after I finished dinner last night so they made that call much earlier in the day (if not immediately after we left Bayonne). Why should I find this out from a tweet?

Anyway I'm hoping that this gets better and perhaps my aft cabin is making this worse. I would have to imagine certain activities would have to be canceled from the motion.

Also a little put off that they haven't told us - kind of odd since they tweeted it and you can see on tv where we are so why not tell us but having an awesome time. Happy it might be warmer now with this change so north star can run today. Sitting on my balcony now listening to the ocean

725c170130f44240d2eeb09f02cb52bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On board now as well. Definitely a very rough evening after a great day aboard Anthem. I'm a pretty regular cruiser and this is very rough for me. Usually I go to sleep and there's no issues but last night I couldn't get comfortable due to rocking.

Quite honestly I'm a little put off by the fact that there was no announcement due to the course change. I definitely agree with the the captain for making the call due to weather but why don't you let the passengers know? We were already down by Washington DC after I finished dinner last night so they made that call much earlier in the day (if not immediately after we left Bayonne). Why should I find this out from a tweet?

Anyway I'm hoping that this gets better and perhaps my aft cabin is making this worse. I would have to imagine certain activities would have to be canceled from the motion.

I felt motion on anthem that didn't necessarily match the seas. I understand the lack of information, as this was an issue on my recent anthem experience-- but you weren't getting off in Halifax, so I don't really understand why it matters. Better weather= good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app