New Amenities Added to Concierge Class

Andy

Always appreciate your updated information. Aqua Class usually gets all the same perks as Concierge Class, could you get confirmation that we will be able to go to the embarkation luncheon in the MDR too:)

I find it hilarious that the AQ pax here who always rant about nobody else should be allowed into BLU (especially when Solstice 1st came out and others were allowed in) are now whining about wanting into the MDR...SORRY but the MDR is the dining venue for Concierge Class and AQ won't be admitted to the Concierge Class embarkation lunch....its actually been posted here on CC for a few weeks that AQ nor ANY other cabin except for Concierge can attend....I THINK that's whey its called the Concierge Class Lunch but I could be wrong:rolleyes: :D

Anyone who's whining about Aqua passengers not being admitted to this new embarkation day luncheon for Concierge class is going to have to decide if missing that lunch is a deal breaker. I'll choose Blu as a dining venue every time, but we all have to make that choice for ourselves. I personally think Concierge passengers deserve something special and unique for choosing that upgrade.

Thanks for the info Andy.

They often offer a lunch in the dining room for B2B passengers, so this may now just be an extension for the concierge passengers.

The last time we went to one of those lunches, the choices were so limited that we left and went up to the buffet for a much greater variety from which to choose.

We have absolutely no need for a "dedicated" concierge, which appears to be merely window dressing, an attempt to justify charging a higher price for concierge class by giving the appearance that it includes this exclusive service.

The regular concierge on the ship has been fine for us, very helpful and friendly, the few times that we needed concierge services, regardless of what category cabin we booked.

The last time we cruised, they had both the regular concierge and a destination concierge.

I can't think of a single thing for which we would need yet another concierge, or for that matter why the regular destination seminars would not suffice and anyone would need a

"• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge"

other than for ego stroking. ;)

Edited by fleckle

Anyone who's whining about Aqua passengers not being admitted to this new embarkation day luncheon for Concierge class is going to have to decide if missing that lunch is a deal breaker. I'll choose Blu as a dining venue every time, but we all have to make that choice for ourselves. I personally think Concierge passengers deserve something special and unique for choosing that upgrade.

I agree Butler....we have been cruising Concierge Class since long before AQ was even thought of. We prefer traditional dining on 10 top tables getting to know lots of new people sitting with us over the time of the cruise. For this reason we have never even contemplated AQ as BLU doesn't give us the same experience.

For those that recall as Solstice was being built when X first announced AQ, the amenities for AQ were posted here and a few of the Concierge Class amenities were not listed as AQ amenities and all heck broke out....you would have thought they all were being denied their birthright because AQ didn't list nicer robes (or whatever the missing items were) as an amenity and CC did.... LOL it was VERY amusing and I see it happening here again with these new amenities....personally I found it odd that originally Concierge Class was named that but yet did not have a dedicated Concierge for those pax but now apparently we do.....:D

I heard the folks in inside cabins are the ones serving the Concierge Class passenger's embarkation lunch in the MDR. The normal MDR staff is busy elsewhere handling other embarkation day duties.....

:eek::D:eek:

I heard the folks in inside cabins are the ones serving the Concierge Class passenger's embarkation lunch in the MDR. The normal MDR staff is busy elsewhere handling other embarkation day duties.....

:eek::D:eek:

I was wondering why I got an invite to meet in the gallery right after I embark! :eek:

Agree!

I think someone in HQ finally woke up and realized that there is little value left in Concierge Class....in fact the only reason to book IMHO is for the extra 2 points a day in the captain's club. Aqua has Blu as it's main attraction....concierge, at this point really has none.

I can't imagine what a dedicated concierge will do all day....or at check in other than for new to celebrity folks. I guess he can book specialty meals or excursions or answer general questions...but that's redundant with what's already available.

The dedicated destination seminar is essentially a sales event for excursions and shops and redundant with the destination talks already given that are never even close to full.

The lunch is nice...worth something although we generally head to bistro on 5 so we're talking $20 worth of lunch.

Clearly, when they put together the new "perks", they tried to find things that they could market that cost nothing....which eliminated some perks that would actually have value.

We book aqua or 1A's on celebrity depending on who we are travelling with. I see nothing in the new perks that would get me to even consider concierge again on an S-class (prior to aqua we always booked concierge class). Of course on the M-class, you get more cabin space and no new perks were needed.

Edited by ghstudio

I am looking forward to experience these perks when on the Constellation for 14 days in July. We have a C1 aft cabin. And we will be booking some ship tours, specialty restaurants with some of our OBC. We also will be DIY in Cadiz so maybe the Destination seminar orgainzed by the Concierge rather than the CD would be of value.

Will report back after our cruise.

Looking forward to lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

About the elevation of CC to "concierge" level of service, I agree! We also like the large table in the MDR and opportunity to s ocialize. Blu does not appeal to us-we already live in CA.

Edited by ChinchillaGrl
Out of context

Hi Everyone,

Looks like Celebrity has added 4 new amenities to Concierge Class. Details can be found here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

The 4 new amenities are :

• NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

IMO, I doubt this will be enough for anyone to consider booking Concierge Class solely for the new items... unless you already enjoy the exisiting Concierge Class amenties. Of the 4 updates, I like the Welcome Aboard Lunch the most. FWIW, this was available on Eclipse a few weeks ago. However, as my Sister was not booked in Concierge, we opted not to try this new amenity.

With that said, we enjoy Concierge Class very much, and it's nice to see that Celebrity is working to upgrade the experience.

We have just come off the Solstice and Constellation both in CC and the perks outlined by Andy are really Claytons perks:

1. The Onboard Concierge is sited near Guest relations and is available to everybody

2. Never seen any concierge at the pier for check in and what would they do. The idea of priority checkin is a bit of a joke as everyone who is concierge and above or on their second cruise or above gets priority checkin

3. Destination seminars are arranged by the Destination Concierge which is different from the on board concierge and are available to everyone

4. The CC lunch is a standard lunch menu in the MDR. It is a little less crowded than a normal sea day lunch but apart from that is nothing special. Non sea days the MDR is normally closed.

so very ho hum

Seems like Aqua is being downgrade and one pays more than CC. :confused::(:mad:

Often not true! We booked our Alaska cruise over two years ago - and we snagged a Aqua 1 on the aft for cheaper than a Concierge 1 on the aft :D and we aren't even convinced that we will count Blu as a perk - due to the one meal we ate there while in a suite.

We have cruised concierge before - and found very little as to the perks - I think adding the embarkation lunch is a brilliant move and certainly shouldn't include Aqua.

Edited by Jane2357

I know that concierge service seems almost useless, but it can come in handy if there is a real problem.

When our Ship was stuck an extra 24 hours at its last port because of high currents, all of the passengers were scrambling to make changes to their travel arrangements, especially those who had planned to fly home the day of debarkation. The cruise line was offering free phone service to make these arrangements, but the lines were long. Some folks waited for hours just to make a few phone calls.

We happened to have a suite for that cruise, and I was very glad that we did because that put us in concierge class and all it took was one phone call to my concierge and we were all set. She took care of calling the hotel and rental car company for us and we spent the whole day enjoying the ship and more family time.

That being said, what happened on that cruise is an extremely rare occurrence. But sometimes other things do go wrong, and that's when it is nice to have someone there whose job is to assist you.

Have the fluffy towels been removed in Concierge class?

I think they are gone from all classes. Our last 2 crises were in Celebrity Suites and I would have been ashamed to put out some of the towels & wash clothes we received. The wash clothes were like using sand paper and I'm seriously thinking a few from home. Our next 2 are in Royal Suites so will get a chance to see if they still exist at all.

I am happy for any perks they want to give me, to be honest. I was good before them, I'll be as good or perhaps better with them. The way I see it, my vacation is not having to work at my desk or in my house - everything else is a bonus :) . Thanks for letting us know, Andy!

4. The CC lunch is a standard lunch menu in the MDR. It is a little less crowded than a normal sea day lunch but apart from that is nothing special. Non sea days the MDR is normally closed.

We were in CC on the Equinox last month and the embarkation lunch was not the standard lunch menu. It was limited menu but very tasty. The CC group took up a very small portion of the main dining room. Beat the heck out of the buffet.

As I said earlier, I think it is nice that Celebrity saw fit to add some perks to CC, no matter how insignificant they may seem to some. I especially look forward to the new lunch. I suspect it will be similar to lunch offfered to b2b cruisers in the past? It will be a change from the first day buffet zoo. We enjoy CC when the price is right, & my wife loves the foot stools!

As for Aqua Class, I agree with those who feel Blu is actually a deterrent to us booking Aqua due to the small tables. I agree that the allure of the MDR Select is the opportunity to meet new people daily, & Blu is a turnoff for us.

It's good to have choices, & each catagory stateroom has different advantages that appeal to different people. We should choose the catagory room that suits our preferences & budget.