Coffee on Princess

sellwingri

I haven't cruised on Princess for several years but do remember that their coffee was horrible; weak with no taste. I'm leaving on a short cruise in a couple of days and was wondering if this has changed. I like it strong and robust.

I haven't cruised on Princess for several years but do remember that their coffee was horrible; weak with no taste. I'm leaving on a short cruise in a couple of days and was wondering if this has changed. I like it strong and robust.

We just were on the Coral and the coffee was okay. We love Starbucks bold and it was certainly not that , however the coffe in the international cafe was very good. No syrup used there !!!

If you like it strong, like a French roast, your best bet is to purchase your coffee at the international cafe.

The coffee in the buffet area is made from concentrate and is more of a medium roast and there is always a bit of an after taste in my opinion. ( you don't mention what ship you will be on but as an aside I thought the coffee on Regal was better then other Princess ships)

Edited by Shelly97060

I take a small jar of instant coffee and add it to the buffet coffee. On the Sapphire last year there were facilities in the cabin for making hot drinks, so I was able to have a coffee first thing too.

However, I do purchase a coffee card as I love the IC coffees.

Edited by jefa

I take a small jar of instant coffee and add it to the buffet coffee. On the Sapphire last year there were facilities in the cabin for making hot drinks, so I was able to have a coffee first thing too.

However, I do purchase a coffee card as I love the IC coffees.

starbucks-via-m.jpg

Best thing ever invented. I always take an ample supply of packets on every cruise.....:):):)

Bob

We just were on the Coral and the coffee was okay. We love Starbucks bold and it was certainly not that , however the coffe in the international cafe was very good. No syrup used there !!!

I have never been on Princess before and wondered this same question? I have read mixed reviews on he coffee in the MDR mostly not good. They do say the international cafe is good though and comes with the beverage package.

you don't mention what ship you will be on but as an aside I thought the coffee on Regal was better then other Princess ships

On the Royal-class ships in the buffet area their German made WMF filtered coffee machines use ground coffee & my tastebuds enjoyed that coffee much more than the Princess coffee from concentrate on their other ships.

Now that we know the OP is sailing on the Coral free filtered coffee is not an option. Princess makes major changes to their ships but obviously they have no desire to provide better quality free coffee made from ground coffee. The free Seattle's Best on RCCL tasted much better to me than the Princess coffee from concentrate.

OP, the recommendation by Bob to bring packets of Starbucks VIA is a solution used by Princess passengers who desire bolder tasting coffee by adding it to the dining room & buffet coffee made from concentrate.

Edited by Astro Flyer

As many have posted. There are several threads here about coffee on various ships. As for princess. The general coffee is OK. But the coffee in the international café is comparable to many coffee shops on land. Please note that for coffee creations in the international café. You will have to pay for or use a coffee card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just back from the Emerald. Did try the buffet coffee again, and it was as bad as remembered. Had Americanos from the International Cafe. Bear in mind that 1 Americano regular size costs 2.02 dollars including gratuity, and the coffee card is currently31 dollars, only worth it if you want cappuccinos or lattes.

Is the coffee served in Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers as good as International Cafe, or is it comparable to the MDR coffee?

I believe it is different than the MDR.. Our server said they grind the beans in the kitchen. We enjoyed the coffee and we do love our coffe !!!! :D

starbucks-via-m.jpg

Best thing ever invented. I always take an ample supply of packets on every cruise.....:):):)

Bob

I wholeheartedly concur! I've already stocked up for our June 29 departure on the Island. Even with a coffee card, it comes in handy! ;)

Just a note about internash (what my wife and I call international cafe) - the lattes are inconsistent and dependent on the personnel operating the espresso machine. Some of our iced lattes were tasty and would be a notch above Starbucks, others were borderline undrinkable.