Just curious - when do you unpack?

Going on Oasis in September. We usually unpack before Muster and then feel like the partying really begins at Sailaway afterward.

Is the luggage USUALLY available on Oasis before Muster?

When do you unpack?

Unfortunately there is no usual, it all depends on various aspects like: What time you arrive at the port, which deck you are on, etc.

We have unpacked before Muster, after and later in the evening. Although if my luggage has not arrived by after the sail away party, I go looking for it.

Going on Oasis in September. We usually unpack before Muster and then feel like the partying really begins at Sailaway afterward.

When do you unpack?

We prefer to unpack before muster when possible, but have had to wait until after dinner a few times when our bags have not arrived in time.

We unpack as soon as the luggage is in the room at the same time we are. It doesn't always come at the same time so we unpack each bag when we have it. We don't sit in our room waiting for the luggage to get there and we don't keep going to the room looking for it. We are always out and about, exploring the ship, hanging out on the pool deck, drinking a welcome aboard beverage etc. With all that being said, we are usually done unpacking by the time we go to dinner.

We unpack as soon as the luggage is in the room at the same time we are. It doesn't always come at the same time so we unpack each bag when we have it. We don't sit in our room waiting for the luggage to get there and we don't keep going to the room looking for it. We are always out and about, exploring the ship, hanging out on the pool deck, drinking a welcome aboard beverage etc. With all that being said, we are usually done unpacking by the time we go to dinner.

This. Exactly this.

I can only think of one time when we were not unpacked before sail away and that was when we flew into Istanbul for a cruise on Brilliance. Overnight flight, went straight from airport to ship and straight to room. Decided to take "just a short nap" and fell into such a deep sleep that we slept through muster drill!:eek: I woke up, realized the ship was moving, looked out the balcony and could not see the shoreline!

Sherri:)

Our first night we had the Sail Away at 5pm (everyone does) but then dinner booked at 6:15pm, Aqua show at 9pm and an early morning excursion the next day. So our plan was to pack before muster so we could head off to the sail away followed by the rest of the activities. However, we needed our luggage in order to to this and it hadn't arrived yet.

It was there after muster so we had to do bits and pieces inbetween...so a touch before the Sail Away, then back to our cabin and bit before we had to leave for dinner, and then after dinner before the Aqua show. I also had to get everything out and ready for our excursion the next morning.

Have been wondering if those in suites get priority luggage delivery. Seems to be that way in other travel industry type venues

We also unpack as soon as we and the luggage are together and have some time. Though I'm more of a,live out of the suitcase kind of person (wife is the opposite) I won't unpack for just a night or 2 of course cruises are a big exception want to feel at home and relax so thing need to be put away for me

Edited by jimmyzwei

Have been wondering if those in suites get priority luggage delivery. Seems to be that way in other travel industry type venues

We also unpack as soon as we and the luggage are together and have some time. Though I'm more of a,live out of the suitcase kind of person (wife is the opposite) I won't unpack for just a night or 2 of course cruises are a big exception want to feel at home and relax so thing need to be put away for me

I think the "genie" suites on Oasis and Quantum class get priority luggage delivery, but I've not seen the other suites get priority.

As soon as we get to our room, we unpack our carry ons. Then, as soon as we have gotten our luggage, we unpack. Like others said, we don't sit in the room waiting for luggage. Ours USUALLY comes before muster drill, and we get the unpacking done ASAP, so we can go enjoy the cruise.

I unpack when I get home.

Father was military and we moved around a lot. He engraved the idea in my head that you will be much more likely to forget something if you unpack everywhere you go.

I hang things in the closet or on visible shelving, but never in the drawers.

Some habits die hard.

When do you unpack?

no way to tell. we have had anything from all pieces already waiting for as at the door at 1 pm when the cabins are ready, to not until after dinner.

we will, however, unpack as soon as a bag is delivered. we tend to board early, wander around until 1 and then hang out in the cabin until Muster.

We carry on our bag - 1 carry-on each and 1 backpack each. I unpack as soon as I can get into the room - then I feel like I can really relax!

We love unpacking as soon as cabin becomes available so we try to limit our packing to carry on size. It can be challenging but to us it's worth it in more ways than one, and I still take too much :p

I unpack as soon as the luggage gets there. After I spray the room down with Lysol (handles and remotes), but I'm a bit OCD like that[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL. This is so me. I bring my Lysol and disinfecting wipes in my carry on. As soon as I enter the room, I wipe down everything (including the dresser drawers).

This will be our first RCI cruise. If we receive our luggage before the drill we will unpack. Unpacking is easy for me because I use packing cubes (best money ever spent).

I'm with most of the other people who have posted on this thread. When we arrive to our cabin, the first thing is to wipe EVERYTHING down with antiseptic wipes. We then unpack our carry-ons. Whenever our luggage arrives, we immediately unpack (but we don't wait in the cabin for the luggage).

Happy cruising!

I unpack our carry-ons as soon as we are in the cabin and get the clothes hung up so they don't wrinkle any more than already are. We keep checking for the checked bag and unpack it as soon as we see it's outside the cabin. The only clothes I have to put in it is my husband's suit. Get that hung up ASAP and then the other stuff. Then we don't have to hunt for things when dinner time rolls around. It really doesn't take long to do.