Splendor & Guys Burgers

teknoge3k

I know Carnival is trying to put Guys on all of their ships and the Splendor just came out of dry dock with no Guys.. So my question is... Does anyone think they will put a Guys on the Splendor and maybe a time frame? I really want Guys!

Also does anyone have an updated photo gallery of the Splendor after the recent dry dock changes? TYIA!

I know Carnival is trying to put Guys on all of their ships and the Splendor just came out of dry dock with no Guys.. So my question is... Does anyone think they will put a Guys on the Splendor and maybe a time frame? I really want Guys!

Also does anyone have an updated photo gallery of the Splendor after the recent dry dock changes? TYIA!

Considering they didn't add one during the drydock in March, I wouldn't count on it getting one anytime soon.

On the Sunshine last September, we had Guy's. Wasn't impressed. Wasn't bad, just nothing special about it. It was a burger, no more, no less.

On the Sunshine last September, we had Guy's. Wasn't impressed. Wasn't bad, just nothing special about it. It was a burger, no more, no less.

We like the Blue Iguana burritos far better than Guys.

You are not missing anything because they are a GREASE bomb.

Off the Valor last month, and found Guy's just okay. But, your ability to customize the burger after the fact is a nice touch.

Hot dog? I went to the Deli for that.

Chicken strips, I don't know.........

So is the splendor switching to the breeze. We booked a plendor for next year in april will it be this same ship or really the breeze.

Splendor took over Breeze routes. So you will be on Splendor.

Just my opinion, but I would guess that any ship that doesn't have Guys by now will probably not get one.

They are still adding Guys to a lot of ships this year and next.

So is the splendor switching to the breeze. We booked a plendor for next year in april will it be this same ship or really the breeze.

Not sure where you got info that the "Splendor is switching to the Breeze"

The May 26, 2016 Splendor cruise to Bermuda was originally on the Breeze but was changed almost a year prior to sailing.

Since the Breeze just got to Texas I don't think she will be going anywhere for the next couple of years

Okay, they do not have Guys on the Splendor - but do they have the chicken strips that the Fantasy class ships have where they serve the hot dogs and regular burgers?

If so, then it is not a bad trade-off.

Yes, they have the "Off the Grill" on the Lido deck. Hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken strips, fries. They also have the Burrito Bar, rather than Blue Iguana, and as other options, the Rotisserie and the Tandoor.

Not a huge fan of Guy's; they seem to vary a lot. On Vista, they no longer had the menu with different varieties. It was a cheeseburger only - no pig patty, no plain jane.

I got fries one day to go with my deli sandwich. Last few times I got a burger, they were so charred I couldn't eat them. I want a cheeseburger, not a chunk of charcoal with cheese on a bun. :(

Don't think Blue Iguana is that special, either. I like the burrito bar on Splendor just as much because they have tortilla chips there. BI doesn't.

Cannot eat those chicken strips. Tried multiple times on various ships. Two bites and my entire mouth felt like it was just coated in cold lard. Ugh.

What I do wish Splendor had is Fish & Chips upstairs instead of the rotisserie. I really don't "do" regular buffet lunches but love the F&C on the Conquest-class ships.

Oh well. I just did #25 on Carnival and I've never gone hungry. I do like my deli sandwiches. Think it's just stupid that they don't have potato chips available, though.

You are not missing anything because they are a GREASE bomb.

I liked Guys' Burgers but they are on the greasy side. The burgers on the regular grill are also good but not greasy. I also enjoy the hot dogs and chicken at the regular grill.

Anyone who says Guy's burgers are nothing special either A.) Doesn't know how to "eat" B.) hates hamburgers all together or C.) isn't a man....thank you good night ;)

lol

We love Guys. My DH has on almost every day. We do only B2B now, and I have only one or 2 each week due to the calories. However, I could eat one every day.

Anyone who says Guy's burgers are nothing special either A.) Doesn't know how to "eat" B.) hates hamburgers all together or C.) isn't a man....thank you good night ;)

I dont understand the Guys Burgers hate. My only conclusion is that it must be people that just hate burgers period so I agree. Of course one person that replied seems like a very miserable human being that never seems to have anything positive to say about anything so I just overlook anything they post.

On Magic, Guys Burgers were great. Not the very best burger Ive ever had but certainly far from the worst too. They were made fresh, cooked perfectly and so were the fries. As good as Five Guys to me. Yeah, they are a little greasy but what burger isnt? :rolleyes: its burger made out BEEF with at least 20% FAT in it! Wow! Some grease! Imagine that!

When you are use to Windjammer hockey pucks of mystery meat that have been floating in a vat of grease all day or having to pay 6.95 for a mediocre Johnny Rockets burger on board, Guys are pretty darn good for cruise ships burgers. I actually find it rather amazing that there isnt a charge for them.

Edited by ryano

I dont understand the Guys Burgers hate. My only conclusion is that it must be people that just hate burgers period so I agree. Of course one person that replied seems like a very miserable human being that never seems to have anything positive to say about anything so I just overlook anything they post.

On Magic, Guys Burgers were great. Not the very best burger Ive ever had but certainly far from the worst too. They were made fresh, cooked perfectly and so were the fries. As good as Five Guys to me. Yeah, they are a little greasy but what burger isnt? :rolleyes: its burger made out BEEF with at least 20% FAT in it! Wow! Some grease! Imagine that!

When you are use to Windjammer hockey pucks of mystery meat that have been floating in a vat of grease all day or having to pay 6.95 for a mediocre Johnny Rockets burger on board, Guys are pretty darn good for cruise ships burgers. I actually find it rather amazing that there isnt a charge for them.

I don't know if I would say it's Guy's Burger hate with some people. I think they're good, but that it's, they're good. I like the toppings bar more then the burger really.

I think what gets tiring is people promoting Guy's as like god's gift to food. It's a burger. It's a good burger. Not a great burger, but better then the standard cruise ship burger you might get on a buffet grill that it replaced. It's also fairly thin for a burger, though I guess you can just get two and place them on one bun.

...As good as Five Guys to me. Yeah, they are a little greasy but what burger isnt? ...

THAT is good info. I LOVE 5 Guys burgers. And yeah, why folks complaining about a grease bomb? That's what makes an ok burger special. :D

When I'm gonna grill some burgers I don't buy 80/20 hamburger because it's cheaper, I buy it because it's better.