Havana cabin guests

nednrom

I am traveling with another couple who is not in a Havana cabin on Vista. Is it possible for us to bring them into the Havana pool/ lanai during the day?. We would like them to suntan and swim together at the Havana club on sea days if possible.

Havana guests are not allowed to bring non-Havana guests to the pool area. This has been confirmed by JH.

To paraphrase JH: Bringing other people in kinda defeats the purpose for others who have paid for the privilege.

I am traveling with another couple who is not in a Havana cabin on Vista. Is it possible for us to bring them into the Havana pool/ lanai during the day?. We would like them to suntan and swim together at the Havana club on sea days if possible.

NO you have to wait till after 5.

I guess you could take turns though. One of you could give up your wristband for a few hours to half of the other couple, then trade back later. You wouldn't all be together at once but you can mix and match partners.... Woah, I just realized that might not sound wholesome. Let's say mix and match pool buddies.

We will be with a group of friends and have 3 Havana cabanas in a row. My sister will be sailing solo in an interior not in the Havana area. I hope she can at least sit on our patio with us. We wouldn't expect her to be able to use the other amenities. I'll be interested in the experiences of others in this situation.

No, you cannot and should not!! You can certainly have them down after 5, or you can join them on Lido, but if they are not Havana guests, they shouldn't be there during the day.

Kinda like buying one concert ticket and saying, well I really want my friends to come, so if I invite them as my guest, it is OK!?

Get them a room in the Havana area, or they simply must wait until after 5pm to enjoy the aft pool area. :D:D

They cannot come to Havana area till 5PM. If you give them your bracelet you are violating the Carnival contract that you agree to as part of your cruise and subject yourself to fine or sanction. Those of us that have paid dearly for the Havana location feel pretty strongly about this. Do not mean to sound rude but my friends that just went were zealously reporting those that shd not have been in the area during the day and I plan to do the same. I am sure they can come inside your cabin, but per JH they are not to be in Havana areas or balconies or lanais till 5PM or later. Carnival is doing their best and I expect will become more zealous in their policing of this or they stand to lose the exclusivity of the area and the revenue that goes with it. Imagine if lots of reviews are posted by Havana paying guests that say others were in the area that were not paying for the right to use? Havana would lose the luster and in turn would not be desirable. I for one plan to nicely report / enforce anyone there that does not have a bracelet & Havana room key by reporting it. I expect that when it moves to the Caribbean, there will be a person at the entrance to the pool area checking bracelets.

Thank you for your responses. If there had been another Havana cabin available, my sister and BIL would have Gladly paid for the cabin. I wasn't looking to break rules or to get lectured about using unpaid amenities. Some cruise lines will allow guests to otherwise closed areas first or last day. Just wanted to know -- thanks

Gail

I never thought I would see the day that Carnival is segregating its pax:eek:

To the OP If I was paying the extra money for a Havana cabin, and I will, I wouldn't think it fair for to the people paying for the perk

On Ncl it would be like sneaking someone into the Haven

or RCCL sneaking someone into the Concierge lounge

I know people do but it isn't something I would do

But who knows maybe CCL will start selling day passes, like they did with the FTTF:confused:

Edited by jonbgd

We will be with a group of friends and have 3 Havana cabanas in a row. My sister will be sailing solo in an interior not in the Havana area. I hope she can at least sit on our patio with us. We wouldn't expect her to be able to use the other amenities. I'll be interested in the experiences of others in this situation.

You go out to your patio from your cabin. How can anyone stop you from having guests on your own patio?

As for the public area, that is a different matter as that is a sharing area and should be for only those who have paid for the privilege.

Edited by mississauga

I expect that when it moves to the Caribbean, there will be a person at the entrance to the pool area checking bracelets.

I think that it being an enclosed separate area that the above will happen...

Probably won't be enforced similar to chair hogs or dress codes. So shouldn't be a problem.

chair hogs and dress codes are for the masses, not the Havana!:D

I've said similar before, those that have booked Havana's are giving too much weight to non Havana's wanting to be in that area. At 9:30 am local time in Marseille, there was a grand total of 1 person in the Havana Pool area, me. I even took my braclet off and nobody said a word until I kicked my self out. It was slightly crowded at sail away from Barcelona but still seats and even a clam or two to be had.

Last night at 11:30 pm, the Havana interior was packed wall to wall. More crowded than the Lido on NYE. Everyone was having a great time.

Sure why not let everyone bring guests in! What is the point then?? If every cabin that is in the Havana area brings in guests what is the point in Havana guests paying that extra money. I don't understand people wanting to do things like that. Maybe it's just me. Where do you draw the line then?

Well I have a Havana Suite and I want to bring in my 15 family members and they all have couple kids. How can they say it is fair for some but not others.

I pay extra for a little bit more sanctuary. I am not saying your couple of friends would change that. It's just then how do you keep it a little more secluded??

Sure why not let everyone bring guests in! What is the point then?? If every cabin that is in the Havana area brings in guests what is the point in Havana guests paying that extra money. I don't understand people wanting to do things like that. Maybe it's just me. Where do you draw the line then?

Well I have a Havana Suite and I want to bring in my 15 family members and they all have couple kids. How can they say it is fair for some but not others.

I pay extra for a little bit more sanctuary. I am not saying your couple of friends would change that. It's just then how do you keep it a little more secluded??

Totally agree, where do you draw the line

I just hope Carnival does enforce the rules. It will be different in the Caribbean. I can see there be all kinds of people in the Havana pool area if they can get away with it.

Carnival needs to be prepared to kick people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by deborahjo

I just hope Carnival does enforce the rules. It will be different in the Caribbean. I can see there be all kinds of people in the Havana pool area if they can get away with it.

Carnival needs to be prepared to kick people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree!! Carnival needs to be strict. We spend the extra for this perk. I would hate to see security guards caving because someone gets loud and wants there own way.

There's the run...I should be allowed my eleveny hundred family members from elsewhere to have the run of the place but you should not.

People don't flock to it other than on cruise critics. Reality is something different, which happens often here.

The sun feels the same in the Havana as on the Lido or Serenity.

However in the evening the Havana interior, always open to all, is the place to be. People do flock to it for the entertainment.