Are multi-port usb chargers banned

I would like to interpret this wording:

“extension cords with multi plug outlets/power strip”

simply as a power strip that has multi plugs, like ALL power strips do. They’re trying to eliminate surge protectors I think, which some power strips say they are.

But the one shown above I wouldn’t think is what they’re prohibiting…….if it is, they better be adding lots of extra outlets in each cabin.

• Like 3

We've cruised so many times with the ones pictured above.  They were confiscated on our Liberty cruise in August.  I was annoyed LOL. 

If you are going to try to bring something, always put it in checked luggage.  I swear that's why ours was taken.  First time having it in the carryon.

22 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

According to post #27, no. 

Ugh

i’m going with post #28 🙂.  Neither have surge suppressors

although the fact that they do have additional plugs could be an issue.  Might need to step back to the basic sort of just USB slots as pictured in #32

i’m sure the real-time reports will come in quickly

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I would like to interpret this wording:

“extension cords with multi plug outlets/power strip”

simply as a power strip that has multi plugs, like ALL power strips do. They’re trying to eliminate surge protectors I think, which some power strips say they are.

But the one shown above I wouldn’t think is what they’re prohibiting…….if it is, they better be adding lots of extra outlets in each cabin.

Except that it doesn't say "extension cords with multi plug outlets/power strip".  It says "extension cords and multi-plug outlets/power strips".

• Like 2

Let's not forget, that Symphony of the Seas has 3 US Outlets and 1 European Outlet with 2 USB-A ports on the vanity. (Plus, another US outlet is attached to the headboard. There appear to be many more power points than older ships.

Radio

Screenshot2024-09-17214704.png.fb2dab72d3dff4d3eed4ba521b03e8b9.png

Image Courtesy - cruisedeckplans dot com

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would be interested in hearing anyone’s experience where a passenger got their’s confiscated. We have cruised for years with these and had no problems.

IMG_0078.thumb.png.b14ea533207e8ee2d13262544e7a5ffd.png

I have one of these which plugs into the Euro plug.  We used it last week on Ovation without it getting confiscated, but the stateroom attendant made a fuss about it and unplugged it every time she made up the room.  She said they had one catch on fire a few weeks before.  So if they changed the rules this would not surprise me.

Check your USB chargers- I have yet to see one that isn't capable of running the 220V Euro outlet- so a very simple converter from euro to us would let you use the other outlet for a multi outlet USB charger.  Very worth having given you can get multiples for less than $10.

That way the two US outlets can be used for the devices that have to use 120V.

Then again, you should also check your other devices, most computers have 220V capable systems, too.

40 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

My interpretation would be that adaptors that @keishashadow shows would no longer be allowed, however these ones should be, since there is only 1 outlet/plug, with 2 USB ports:

We have those, actually bought the multi plug ones over a year ago to “upgrade” lol

on allure there was an outlet rather hidden under the bed…perhaps for Cpap machines?  

We did bring this along on that sailing, worked fine. Since it has a cord, assume it’s also forbidden.

IMG_3387.thumb.jpeg.cdea33b39dbada8ccc1d857a6cde432d.jpeg

Question the mr has:  when you one says confiscate…does that mean you can get it back the end of the cruise same place I see steamers etc. when disembarking?

Just now, keishashadow said:

We have those, actually bought the multi plug ones over a year ago to “upgrade” lol

on allure there was an outlet rather hidden under the bed…perhaps for Cpap machines?  

We did bring this along on that sailing for land use pre trip, it worked fine on the ship. Since it has a cord, assume it’s now also forbidden.

IMG_3387.thumb.jpeg.cdea33b39dbada8ccc1d857a6cde432d.jpeg

Question the mr has:  when you one says confiscate…does that mean you can get it back the end of the cruise same place I see steamers etc. when disembarking?

45 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

You get it back. Some pictures of the "naughty table" stolen from some other threads:

IMG_8302.thumb.jpeg.2c000ec5d98c9cb5f793b8b62ee8a00c.jpeg

F9AE8CE6-073C-4036-BFDE-89683E80DBD0.thumb.jpeg.72e6dba90cf950d997408e25d5fc88c6.jpeg

• Haha 1