Issues with the Meet & Mingle?

I was less than impressed with our M&M on the Allure. It was at 10 am on the first sea day and very few showed up and no one bothered to mingle afterwards. It was pretty lame and not what I thought it would be.

I was on the Allure in May and our M&M was poorly attended. The cruise line provided a nice assortment of rolls, bagels. cheese and fruit, but way more than we needed for the people there. Maybe people not there did not get an invitation.

People also did not mingle after it. We had a cabin crawl and a slot pull that were more fun than the M&M.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread to find out if anything has improved. We MISSED the M&M last November...no invite, told to call Olive & Twist and they had no answer, and when we got together as a roll call found out almost no one attended. Glad the person who started the roll call had some fun activities planned!

My Jewel m&m last year was ok, fairly well attended and very little mingling. MSC Divina last month was noted in their version of the cruise compass and was a great chance to hang with other CC members for an hour or 2 with the cruise line serving free drinks and canapés [emoji3]. Yes I did say free drinks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bumping this thread to find out if anything has improved. !

Probably not. If you don't get an invite, as Carol mentions in post 2, ask the LA. Most of the time the M&M is the morning of day 2. The more active Roll Calls will announce it and plan events around it - subscribe to the roll call thread for your sailing.

I believe the "group coordinator" is the one responsible for the Meet & Mingle. Not sure if the LA has anything to do with it.

A last minute cabin change almost always means you won't get a lot of things that you should, including the invitation to the M&M.

My family was on the November 6th, 2016 sailing of the Allure Of The Seas. There were over ninety Cruise Critic members who signed up for the Meet and Greet which was held in the On Air Bar on Deck Five. As usual a member of the Cruise Director's staff gave a short presentation and a raffle was held immediately after. Only twenty two Cruise Critic members actually showed up for the event.

We had so many signed up for our 2011 Liberty TA M&M that invitations didn't get to our room until 4 days later because they were trying to decide where to put over #400 people. We ended up in the Sphinx Lounge. For our July sailing out of Galveston we have #26. We might as well just do our own thing and mingle.

Maybe this is another cutback from Royal

no more: M&M :eek:

I would hate to see no more M&M. However, the crew that is usually there seems less than enthused. I have a feeling they do their best to see that the invitations get lost so they can say the turn out isn't that great.

The one I attended in 2015 on Freedom was well attended, despite the time being moved. The crew was nice enough.

The one I attended on Allure was poorly attended, the activities director Katie was the WORST AD I have ever encountered. She drew like 3 names and bunched all of the prizes together saying "It's all just crap anyhow that no one wants." Well, no it's like great stuff but people bring their kids to the M&M too and kids love to win things- even if it is "crap." She rushed through everything she did at every event.

Even though the M&M might be posted on line before the cruise, does not make it a fact. They always seem to change the time or venue lately, once on board. I missed my first one out of many that I've been to, because they changed it from 10am to 9am. That is just too early for the first full day at sea. I'm beginning to think they are doing it on purpose. They don't hand out little gifts anymore, just the door prizes. They are even getting cheap with those. It's nice to meet people though, as long as they give you time to. I like when they have you stand up and give your name and screen name. Easier to pick people out.

Gwen [emoji3]

Just off the Oasis a few weeks ago and we also did not receive the invitation to the M&M so we missed it. I met some who did get the invite.

We were also supposed to get a crystal block and had to dog the LA to get it. Don't know what's going on but maybe we're on their xxxx list?

The one I attended on Allure was poorly attended, the activities director Katie was the WORST AD I have ever encountered. She drew like 3 names and bunched all of the prizes together saying "It's all just crap anyhow that no one wants." Well, no it's like great stuff but people bring their kids to the M&M too and kids love to win things- even if it is "crap." She rushed through everything she did at every event.

You say it was poorly attended; it may explain bunching the prizes together?

On Allure, they schedule the "Welcome Back party" in the Aqua Theater for thirty minutes after the M&M so they always rush M&M as most staff on the activities team have to attend that.

Katie isn't the only one to refer to the prizes as "Royal Caribbean Crap." Most of the activities staff do in their respective quizzes/contests/events - especially the British ones!

I believe the "group coordinator" is the one responsible for the Meet & Mingle. Not sure if the LA has anything to do with it.

A last minute cabin change almost always means you won't get a lot of things that you should, including the invitation to the M&M.

But the LA knows about it and either has the information or can easily get it. And the LA has a stationary desk with hours and a phone number. The groups coordinator does not.

Our last meet and mingle on Anthem was fabulous. No, more like fantastic. We started it at 9:30am; they were serving us mimosas and peach bellinis, constant, endless. DW felt that she didn't want to drink that early in the morning. Me? I was doing hers with mine, and they kept on rolling in. Freebie drawings throughout for some cool prizes and it was awesome meeting the people we met in here before the cruise. It led to me drinking the entire day. What a great cruise day that was. Anthem's cruise director did an excellent job on that event, whoever he was. Although I found out I don't like the larger class of ships, that was a fantastic, memorable event!!!

Well we got an invite back in 2011 for our first one but it was the first day so we missed it, on LOS we never received the invite and never did get a correct response as to a time and place (only 4 in our roll call made it, I think). I am hoping for better luck this Fall...but not holding my breath! It's a bummer...always thought it was a fun idea, and loved meeting people from the roll call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Serenade on Friday and didn't get an invitation. I left a message for the loyalty ambassador and called Guest Services and heard nothing until day 3 when I got a vm saying it was on day 2 at 11 am.

On day 9 of an 11 day cruise, I received an invitation for a "rescheduled M&M to be held on day 10. I wonder if anyone showed up?