Issues with the Meet & Mingle?

I have been watching recent Liberty of the Seas reviews since our cruise is coming up in November, and have noticed on three recent ones that people have missed the Meet & Mingle because they did not receive any notice about where and when it would be. In one of these, someone responded that they had found the info on a small slip of paper that could be easily overlooked, and another had tried to find the info at Guest Services but GS was clueless.

Just curious about anyone's recent experiences -- on Liberty or any other ship. And who DO you ask if you actually want to try a Meet & Mingle? (I missed the one on our last cruise, but would like to see what they are all about and maybe meet some people in my roll call.)

Thanks...

I have been watching recent Liberty of the Seas reviews since our cruise is coming up in November, and have noticed on three recent ones that people have missed the Meet & Mingle because they did not receive any notice about where and when it would be. In one of these, someone responded that they had found the info on a small slip of paper that could be easily overlooked, and another had tried to find the info at Guest Services but GS was clueless.

Just curious about anyone's recent experiences -- on Liberty or any other ship. And who DO you ask if you actually want to try a Meet & Mingle? (I missed the one on our last cruise, but would like to see what they are all about and maybe meet some people in my roll call.)

Thanks...

Loyalty Ambassador

We missed ours on the Grandeur this last sailing

We spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador who directed me to the Group Sales Coordinator who is in charge of the meet and mingle She said that housekeeping dropped the ball about delivery of invitations to some guest. She did check the list we were on it but no invite

Loyalty Ambassador

Also hunt down the Group Coordinator (thru Guest Services) on Day 1 if the invitation is not in the stuff you get when you first enter your stateroom. Either one should be able to tell you when and where. Enjoy :)

I have been watching recent Liberty of the Seas reviews since our cruise is coming up in November, and have noticed on three recent ones that people have missed the Meet & Mingle because they did not receive any notice about where and when it would be.

Just curious about anyone's recent experiences -- on Liberty or any other ship. And who DO you ask if you actually want to try a Meet & Mingle?

Thanks...

I was on the Liberty July 31 sailing, and did not have an invitation in my cabin. I stopped by guest services after dinner, who told me the meeting would be held the next morning, and the place and time. Both the Activity Director and the Group Coordinator were at the meet and mingle.

Good luck!

you can always look on the M&M confirmed list prior to cruising

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ccConfirmedPartyList.do?src=CCC

Looking at the list it seems it isn't updated as much as it use to be:confused:

BTW cruises out of Galveston usually have M&M the first sea day

Edited by jonbgd

you can always look on the M&M confirmed list prior to cruising

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ccConfirmedPartyList.do?src=CCC

Looking at the list it seems it isn't updated as much as it use to be:confused:

BTW cruises out of Galveston usually have M&M the first sea day

Agreed -- I noticed on the list a few ships seem to have info but many don't. Thanks to everyone for the info...at least I know where to start, and can share it with my roll call!

Thanks...

I have had this happened to me twice.. Allure 2013 and Freedom 2015. In the case of Freedom 2015 I had made everyone aware of the time as per the Royal website several times in the final days of the roll call. Royal for reasons unknown moved it up 30 minutes. Everyone got a notice in their rooms except me, but I blame that on the upgrade fairy. I don't even remember if I got one for my 2016 cruise, but I kept seeing other members of the roll call around the ship as a reminder.

My last two sailings (Anthem and Grandeur) I never got the invite. On Anthem since we were meeting on sail-a-way I found out the M&M time and location so was able to make it. But Grandeur I have no idea when it was.

I am hoping on my next sailing I get the invitation. If I don't get it that first day, I will track down the Loyalty Ambassador to find out what I can.

I was less than impressed with our M&M on the Allure. It was at 10 am on the first sea day and very few showed up and no one bothered to mingle afterwards. It was pretty lame and not what I thought it would be.

Edited by kalliekae

There were 50+ of us on Liberty for the July 31 sailing. No one got an invite. About 8 went to guest services and found out the when & where. That's the number who showed up for the event!

RCI staff said they gave the list to housekeeping and they must have dropped the ball.

We missed ours on the Grandeur this last sailing

We spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador who directed me to the Group Sales Coordinator who is in charge of the meet and mingle She said that housekeeping dropped the ball about delivery of invitations to some guest. She did check the list we were on it but no invite

We were told the same thing by the Loyalty Ambassador at the M&M for our March Anthem cruise as many, including ourselves, did not receive the invitation. I found out from others on our roll call of the exact time and place so was able to make it. Also we had done another 12 night Anthem cruise in January so we figure it would likely be in the same location and time which it was. :rolleyes:

I really don't think it is housekeeping's fault. They are just a scapegoat. There were times when we didn't get it either and we always asked the cabin steward and they said they didn't receive it. I always ask the Activities Manager if I can. They usually know because they are usually the one to host it.

Royal is really behind in scheduling the M&M lately. Ours is not scheduled for our cruise next week. But, I know on the Grandeur, it is most always in the South Pacific Lounge on day 2 at 9:30-10:00 am.

They certainly aren't what they used to be......:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

Three weeks ago on the Serenade most of our group didn't receive their invitations. I found this out at our own informal meet n greet at sail away. I went to speak to someone at guest services and she said that they go by the list they get before the cruise. In any case our MnG was scheduled for something like 9:30 a.m. on a port day. They rescheduled since most people didn't get the invitation but the timing wasn't much better. When people received that invite the date was incorrect so they sent another one and called everyone to tell them. I was glad we had our own the first night because whoever was taking care of the official one was a disaster. :)

I have missed on two recently because of no invitation in the cabin. One one I was the one who initiated and kept the roll call!:eek:

On the second one, I went when it had been scheduled, but they had changed the time:rolleyes:. Dont know what's up with all this:confused:.