Bye Bye Lobsters

BirdTravels

That's ok. If we get the lobster craving again we'll just book with MSC again.

I wish I could afford to book a cruise every time I got a lobster craving. For me, I would just go out somewhere that serves lobster. That works for the craving, too. :p

I wish I could afford to book a cruise every time I got a lobster craving. For me, I would just go out somewhere that serves lobster. That works for the craving, too. :p

Yes, we would also love to be able to afford cruising at will. But when we can cruise, it's good to know MSC is still serving lobster.

Cheers.

Yes, we would also love to be able to afford cruising at will. But when we can cruise, it's good to know MSC is still serving lobster.

Cheers.

Surely you recognize I was making a joke at the wording of your post, right? Loosen up, dude. If you don't like it, think before you type.

That's ok. If we get the lobster craving again we'll just book with MSC again.

In our last two cruises earlier this year with MSC, we each got two good sized tails in the MDR.

Cheers.

That reminds me on our 2 Costa cruises, on "formal" night, in addition to the main dining room, they were also serving whole lobster tails by the trayful in the buffet!

But, I just realized that hubby will reach Platinum status in the first half of our 14-night Trans-Atlantic cruise on the Jade this coming Oct/Nov, and if I read the list of "perks" correctly, it looks like when his Platinum status is recognized (whether we are lucky and they recognize it during the Trans-Atlantic, or whether it is on the back-to-back Western Caribbean right after it), it looks like he gets a dinner for two in one of those restaurants.

Well, yay! Hopefully, we will be able to book a reservation once we know the ship recognizes his Platinum status.

As has been pointed out earlier your husband's Platinum perks will not kick in until you are the second leg of your B2B. The best way to ensure that he receives his new perks is to touch base with the Cruise Consultant on board the ship during the transatlantic. They also act as a liaison for Latitudes rewards. On the second leg of your trip those new rewards should be a bottle of bubbly in your cabin at the beginning of the cruise as well as a small box of Godiva chocolates. (4). You will receive a certificate for a dinner for two with a bottle of wine. This can normally be redeemed in either Le Bistro or La Cucina. Seeing as you are doing a B2B you should appreciate the free bag of laundry that you will be entitled to. ( Be sure to roll your clothes as it helps to fit more in the bag ;)) Finally I do believe you will see a small plate of chocolate covered strawberries along the way.

Hope you have a great cruise and enjoy those perks when they kick in.

Rochelle

I remember a few years back the folks in Maine were trying to get the cruise ships coming through to buy Maine lobsters. I think the only taker was Celebrity Cruises for that one year. Even when they're not going to pay huge shipping costs to get it to the ship they're not going to offer it. Bummer! :(

Just got on the Getaway and Lobster IS available in Le Bistro and the surf and turf and by itself in Cagney's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Getaway and no lobster except for the main dinning rooms for an extra charge.

My confusion came from embarkation day when all the specialty restaurant menus are out for display, they still showed lobster in both Cagney's and Le Bistro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
I liked the lobster night also. We looked forward to this and did consider it a special treat. Sorry they felt they had to discontinue this.:')

It's a cost cutting measure by the bean counters at NCL. Free included lobster is still available on other mass market cruise lines.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It's a cost cutting measure by the bean counters at NCL. Free included lobster is still available on other mass market cruise lines.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Are you sure Lobster is still available free on all mass market lines? I will disagree with you on this, but if you think so, fine.

As disappointing as this is for many cruisers, I have to say, 35 years of cruising, eating Lobster on many cruises and have yet to have a really good one anyway. There has been a lot of changes in the industry since we boarded our first ship; some things good, some not so good. heck I remember when there was no such thing as a specialty dining room or even a buffet.

Free lobster on every other cruise line? Not so much.

And, did you forget to mention the tremendous amount of money spent to elevate the quality of food in the complimentary restaurants????

At lunch, poached salmon replaces oven baked fish sticks. Rotisserie chicken replaces chicken fingers.

NCL make significant improvements to their menus with the launch of the Getaway and again with the launch of the Escape. Did you forget to mention this fact?

Are you sure Lobster is still available free on all mass market lines? I will disagree with you on this, but if you think so, fine.

As disappointing as this is for many cruisers, I have to say, 35 years of cruising, eating Lobster on many cruises and have yet to have a really good one anyway. There has been a lot of changes in the industry since we boarded our first ship; some things good, some not so good. heck I remember when there was no such thing as a specialty dining room or even a buffet.

Free lobster on every other cruise line? Not so much.

And, did you forget to mention the tremendous amount of money spent to elevate the quality of food in the complimentary restaurants????

At lunch, poached salmon replaces oven baked fish sticks. Rotisserie chicken replaces chicken fingers.

NCL make significant improvements to their menus with the launch of the Getaway and again with the launch of the Escape. Did you forget to mention this fact?

So which lines don't have it? DCL,RCI,X,HAL, Princess, and Carnival still have it on cruises of 7 days or longer? Which mass market lines am I missing?

Bill

Carnival and Royal Caribbean for sure still serve lobster on formal night in the main dining room, with no charge.

What about the lobster at Teppanyaki? Did they take that off the menu also?

Gone also. only lobster was pay for in the main dining rooms, not in specialty, not in Haven. Surf and turf was shrimp!! Last cruises- New Years on the Pearl, Jan 14th on the Epic.

Another posted also commented (don't know if true) that they were going to remove lobster from the MDR too. Although it wasn't the best lobster, I still miss lobster night ( and now my lox at breakfast buffet)

Safe sailing

I'm having trouble understanding the big deal with the lobster. Can't you just go down to the grocery store and buy some? My local megamart will even cook it for me while I finish the shopping.