Size Doesn't Matter.

jpcdds6

Simple question. What is your favorite NCL ship, and why?

Any of the Jewel class ships because of the Great Outdoors and also the fantastic view from Spinnaker lounge.

We don't like the megaships so prefer smaller.

Any of the Jewel class ships because of the Great Outdoors and also the fantastic view from Spinnaker lounge.

We don't like the megaships so prefer smaller.

I like the Jewel class ships as well. I think the Gem looks great since the refresh. Perfect size and capacity.

Hands down my favorite ship is gone, Majesty. Taking her place is the Pearl. The cruise on the Pearl is by far one of my favorite ship experiences. The crew on the Pearl was by far the best group of people I have experienced on any cruise. Though other ships have wonderful people the Pearl seemed to go above and beyond to ensure a great time. It was truly like being embraced by a loving family.

Hands down my favorite ship is gone, Majesty. Taking her place is the Pearl. The cruise on the Pearl is by far one of my favorite ship experiences. The crew on the Pearl was by far the best group of people I have experienced on any cruise. Though other ships have wonderful people the Pearl seemed to go above and beyond to ensure a great time. It was truly like being embraced by a loving family.

Will be on the Pearl post refurb. in late 2017. Can't wait. I too enjoyed the Majesty. Went to Bermuda out of Boston on her. The Dream out of New York as well. Funny how now the Jewel class ships are considered small, at almost 100,000 tons! The Majesty was less than half that. We are platinum and sail in suites, but haven't tried the mega ships due to the incredibly high prices for Haven cabins. We love the SF cabins on the Jewel and Dawn class ships. Have also sailed in aft suites on the Spirit and Sun,

and for the price I think they are great.

Edited by jpcdds6

I'm a huge fan of both Getaway/Breakaway because I love Ocean Blue and the Raw Bar.

I also am now back in love with the Dawn...I got to sail her post-drydock and she's phenomenal.

Tracy

I really wish NCL had a seafood restaurant with a raw bar fleet wide.

Yes size matters. I'm not a fan of bigger ships. My DW and I like the ships Gem and Dawn. We are big fans of large balconies and both ships offer choices both bow and aft. We use them a lot to escape the large crowds at the pool. We don't sail with young kids so we don't need the extras the bigger ships provide.

Will be on the Pearl post refurb. in late 2017. Can't wait. I too enjoyed the Majesty. Went to Bermuda out of Boston on her. The Dream out of New York as well. Funny how now the Jewel class ships are considered small, at almost 100,000 tons! The Majesty was less than half that. We are platinum and sail in suites, but haven't tried the mega ships due to the incredibly high prices for Haven cabins. We love the SF cabins on the Jewel and Dawn class ships. Have also sailed in aft suites on the Spirit and Sun,

and for the price I think they are great.

lol The DH looked like he would faint after he suggested Med cruise and we chose the Haven. He rallied though. We love aft suites too but decided to choose the courtyard.

Since I've only ever been on two cruise ships, the Epic and the Jade, I had things I liked about each. I think the service was far more personal on the Jade since there were far less people. The exception was I think the bar staff on the Epic was better but it could have been because they were busy and making money. But on the Epic there was much more to do and far more people to stay up and have fun with in the clubs/bands/outdoor/etc.

Norwegian Majesty is now Thomson Majesty . We cruised on her a couple of years ago . We were a little bit disappointed with the pool area but the inside of the ship was lovely, comfortable and plenty of quiet area which we like. Thomson cruises operate Package holiday cruises ( Flight and cruises packaged together) for the British market . Although cruise only can be booked which we did from our local port of Malaga.

The only NCL ship we have been on is Spirit . Which we really like, have already competed 3 cruises on her already , got B2B booked from Barcelona this Christmas and New Year and already booked Christmas Cruose from Barcelona for 2017.

We loved the Sun. It is a bit smaller in size, but the cabins are very roomy. We also like the jewel class ships (Pearl, Jewel, sailing next on the Jade).

We did not like the Dawn as much because there is no Great Outdoors and they removed the forward Observation Room to make more suites, but the size was good and had a wonderful cruise.

We did not like the Epic much at all for very many reasons and wished for another cruise after it (on another ship) to be able to relax from that cruise. I would imagine we would feel similarly about the _Aways, and the Escape. We are trying to avoid the megaships. We live in a big city and do not look for the same experiences we can have at home (crowds, reservations needed, and smaller living quarters).

We also really loved the Majesty!!!! It was a sweet ship with a lovely crew. By the end of the cruise everyone knew everyone else. It was the most enchantingly pleasant cruise ever.

Edited by drvalo