Hurricane's A-Coming!

butterfly529

It's okay. I still don't see the point of repeated "this is why we don't cruise during hurricane season" crowing.

Because it's CC, it's an open forum and everyone has a right to make a comment. If the comment is out of bounds then the host will decide what stays and what doesn't. Not the community. Move on.

Because it's CC, it's an open forum and everyone has a right to make a comment. If the comment is out of bounds then the host will decide what stays and what doesn't. Not the community. Move on.

So you post the same thing about not cruising during hurricane season many times in a row--in a hurricane related thread you had no reason to click on--but if people react to that repetition with their own comments, they should "move on".

Cool story.

Edited by AdoraBelle

So you post the same thing about not cruising during hurricane season many times in a row--in a hurricane related thread you had no reason to click on--but if people react to that repetition with their own comments, they should "move on".

Cool story.

I posted only once (#4) about not Cruising during hurricane season. The rest of my posts were answering those that assumed we were Cruising the Caribbean in September. Just like I'm responding to your posts. Even cooler story.

I posted only once (#4) about not Cruising during hurricane season. The rest of my posts were answering those that assumed we were Cruising the Caribbean in September. Just like I'm responding to your posts. Even cooler story.

Weird, because it looks like you typed almost the exact same sentence on each iteration. Must be a technical glitch of some sort.

Not an Alaska Cruise. It's an Canada/U.S Pacific Coastal Cruise leaving from Vancouver down the West Coast to LA.

Your ticker says you are on the Jewel of the Seas in September 2017. However when I research the Jewel she is sailing out of San Juan at that time?

Perhaps this is causing the confusion?

###

Your ticker says you are on the Jewel of the Seas in September 2017. However when I research the Jewel she is sailing out of San Juan at that time?

###

Doing a B2B Cruise on the Jewel 2 April and 9 April 2017 out of San Juan. Sailing on the Infinity 17 September 2017 out of Vancouver. However you made me double check my upcoming Cruises to make sure they were dated correctly. Thank you.

Edited by davekathy

###

Mine shows his ticker as cruising on Celebrity in September of 2017 - Jewel in April 2017.

Edited by nancronin

Weird, because it looks like you typed almost the exact same sentence on each iteration. Must be a technical glitch of some sort.

It really was clarification. The second post, included the word "Caribbean", to clarify that her Sept. date was NOT in the Caribbean.

Chicken littles I tell you! We enjoy Oct cruises! We're in SAN JUAN right now sitting on hotel balcony enjoying a beautiful sunshine morning. Headed to the pool bar after a bit for you guessed it.... Hurricanes 🍹🛳 We board the Adventure tomorrow 😋

So far your tempting of fate has been fortunate.

While you may still see some signs of Matthew...bump waters and some wind...you likely will escape and direct weather impact. That said, Barbados has areas without power, as does St. Maarten.

Enjoy your Adventure of the Seas southern Caribbean cruise - we'e done it 3 times and its obviously a favorite here. Still, we don't choose to risk having it cancelled and avoid hurricane season for that reason.

So far your tempting of fate has been fortunate.

While you may still see some signs of Matthew...bump waters and some wind...you likely will escape and direct weather impact. That said, Barbados has areas without power, as does St. Maarten.

Enjoy your Adventure of the Seas southern Caribbean cruise - we'e done it 3 times and its obviously a favorite here. Still, we don't choose to risk having it cancelled and avoid hurricane season for that reason.

Cool story... but your schedule of cruising doesn't mean much to me. There is no right or wrong regarding cruise schedules. I personally would not cruise out of Vancouver in Sept as I feel it's too chili. But that doesn't make it wrong.

Cool story... but your schedule of cruising doesn't mean much to me. There is no right or wrong regarding cruise schedules. I personally would not cruise out of Vancouver in Sept as I feel it's too chili. But that doesn't make it wrong.

There may be no "right or wrong"...but there is historical data that demonstrates increased risks not everyone would be willing to take.

Hopefully you get to enjoy your cruise - no one is wishing anything less.

Sailing on Oasis for 10/8, coming from New England i was more worried about the storm coming up here on the day i fly to FL which is the same day of the cruise, changed my flights to come in 2 days earlier.

As far as being down there with a storm, ships have a amazing tool for this called steering, works well ;)

TG

Yes, that's we we elect not to Cruise the Caribbean in September.

YOU have one booked in September.. THAT IS PEAK HURRICANE SEASON.. Regardless of WHERE you are going, you are STILL cruising, therefore your statement is false.. You do cruise during Hurricane Season..

Edited by TigerLady

YOU have one booked in September.. THAT IS PEAK HURRICANE SEASON.. Regardless of WHERE you are going, you are STILL cruising, therefore your statement is false.. You do cruise during Hurricane Season..

Yeah....reminds me of those frequent threads about people who book during hurricane season....seeking refunds...only to post later blaming bad timing, bad luck, and many other things except a bad choice.

Chicken littles I tell you! We enjoy Oct cruises! We're in SAN JUAN right now sitting on hotel balcony enjoying a beautiful sunshine morning. Headed to the pool bar after a bit for you guessed it.... Hurricanes We board the Adventure tomorrow

Same here! September/October has become our favorite time of the year to cruise.

Have a great time on Adventure! :)

Edited by jules815

You are correct if you want to split hairs. We do have a Cruise booked in September. Huge factor here it's not in the Caribbean. When was the last time a hurricane ripped through BC, Washington, Oregon and California.? That's my September Cruise not the Caribbean. The OPs thread was about hurricane Matthew which is in the Caribbean and not the West Coast. My post #4 I didn't say "Caribbean" because that was a given (for most but looks like not all) based on the OPs thread about hurricane Matthew which is in the Caribbean. That's why in post #11 that you quoted I said and made clear "Yes, that's why we elect not to Cruise the Caribbean in September". For those that book a Caribbean Cruise during hurricane season good for them. Their choice. Just deal with what Mother Nature is going to throw at then. No weather guarantees no matter where you Cruise or what time of year.