2018/2019 Sailings available 11/29

oneputt18

May be that is what Jagoffee was talking about. I just booked the Infinity 9/2 yesterday and at the time of booking did not see a Solstice coastal cruise. Thanks.

Yes, it was.

They are looking at the 2017 Vancouver to Hawaii run and mistaking it for the yet released 2018 run.

I suspected they were.

It's amazing how quickly especially the top suites on the new itineraries are selling. On quite a few sailings I was looking at, the Penthouses are already sold out, Royal Suites are going fast, aft Sky Suites are gone, etc. Despite all the complaining about prices on here, Celebrity is selling...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's amazing how quickly especially the top suites on the new itineraries are selling. On quite a few sailings I was looking at, the Penthouses are already sold out, Royal Suites are going fast, aft Sky Suites are gone, etc. Despite all the complaining about prices on here, Celebrity is selling...

Keep watching. I saw a few cruises with the PHs sold out yesterday but they were available again a few hours later. I suspect agents may have been placing PHs on hold in the hope clients may have been interested.

You have to wait at least a week to see if these are truly being sold.

If I select accommodation X, either on Celebrity's website or on a TAs website, and go through a mock booking, it is removed from inventory for a period of time and would show "sold out." This is the reason why they do not show available for a period and then reappear.

Celebrity jacks up the prices on suites by thousands of dollars and gives all these "free" perks that only cost them less than a couple hundred dollars -- folks are thinking they are getting a good deal. :rolleyes:

Celebrity jacks up the prices on suites by thousands of dollars and gives all these "free" perks that only cost them less than a couple hundred dollars -- folks are thinking they are getting a good deal. :rolleyes:

Some people may be lucky and get free Gratuities on a future TA Sky Suite if there was an offer of this perk as a promo on their current TA they were sailing on. In 2015 we paid $3,000 p.p. S1 corner aft on a TA with no perks, same cabin for 2018 is $4,549.00 p.p. with no perks. No good deal here, just some extra room in the cabin. I guess Michaels Club could be considered a perk if you like to drink alcohol.

There is one :rolleyes::rolleyes: born every minute.

Anyone else notice they've been jacking the prices of 2017 med cruises trying to make 2018 look not so bad? I've been getting 3 alerts a night with prices going up. Maybe they're getting ready for another "Sale"

As long people " think" they are getting a good deal - Celebrity will raise prices.

Instead of complaining about the prices, why not book early, get the sailing, category and cabin you really want, then monitor for price drops on one of the well-known sites? (Of course, there will be some offers that only apply to First Time bookings that will exclude a price adjustment) If the prices don't drop - it will be an indication that the sailing is selling well at those "inflated" prices.

Has worked for me an number of times!

Just booked Eclipse TA for April 2018 and with Future Cruise certificate received OBC and Free Gratuities..... is it more expensive than the Equinox TA sailing we just took in October? Yes, but not by a lot and its two nights longer..... The 10 night that follows it has actually LOWER prices than the 10 night Med cruise this past October on Equinox..... so we were very happy to be able to book the B2B without much increase in prices, some perks and its still 18 months away....

Celebrity has a great suite product that appears to sell very well, the prices will continue to rise until they no longer sell.....

Instead of complaining about the prices, why not book early, get the sailing, category and cabin you really want, then monitor for price drops on one of the well-known sites? (Of course, there will be some offers that only apply to First Time bookings that will exclude a price adjustment) If the prices don't drop - it will be an indication that the sailing is selling well at those "inflated" prices.

Then what incentive does celebrity have to drop the prices if everyone just accepts it? I'm not ok paying those prices and won't book with the hope that they'll drop. I'll find something else. It's not like their itineraries are one of a kind

You were very lucky as number of people, me included - but that was in the past, at least for me. Lately, after watching prices drop so MUCH after final payment, my booking strategy has changed. I booked 10 days on Equinox, for December 9 - AQ2 at decent price a year ago, watching price climbing for months, making me happy that I booked early, then about a week after final payment price dropped about 30%. Lesson learned - I still will have a great cruise, but would not book at high prices.

Then what incentive does celebrity have to drop the prices if everyone just accepts it? I'm not ok paying those prices and won't book with the hope that they'll drop. I'll find something else. It's not like their itineraries are one of a kind

Great, if there are other lines that make you happy and offer what you want at a better value, you'd be foolist NOT to book with them!

Celebrity does not need anyone to "just accept it". Time and market analysis will tell.

You were very lucky as number of people, me included - but that was in the past, at least for me. Lately, after watching prices drop so MUCH after final payment, my booking strategy has changed. I booked 10 days on Equinox, for December 9 - AQ2 at decent price a year ago, watching price climbing for months, making me happy that I booked early, then about a week after final payment price dropped about 30%. Lesson learned - I still will have a great cruise, but would not book at high prices.

In our experience, prices usually drop, sometimes significantly, after final payment. It's a great way to get a cruise at a low price. If flights and lodgings are a consideration, it might not be the best strategy.

Edited by sippican

Great, if there are other lines that make you happy and offer what you want at a better value, you'd be foolist NOT to book with them!

Celebrity does not need anyone to "just accept it". Time and market analysis will tell.

In our experience, prices usually drop, sometimes significantly, after final payment. It's a great way to get a cruise at a low price. If flights and lodgings are a consideration, it might not be the best strategy.

True. We always book a fare we're happy with. Sometimes the cost of those last minute flights eats up whatever savings we may have gained. It's worth a look though.

I called Celebrity directly this morning to book a Med. sailing for June 2018. They said that ALL of the Family Verandah cabins were sold out for those sailings already. 2018??? Really? This is my first time on Celebrity and I know those cabins are highly wanted, it just seems a little unreal.

S

I called Celebrity directly this morning to book a Med. sailing for June 2018. They said that ALL of the Family Verandah cabins were sold out for those sailings already. 2018??? Really? This is my first time on Celebrity and I know those cabins are highly wanted, it just seems a little unreal.

Were there 5 in your party when you tried to book the FV?

Some people may be lucky and get free Gratuities on a future TA Sky Suite if there was an offer of this perk as a promo on their current TA they were sailing on. In 2015 we paid $3,000 p.p. S1 corner aft on a TA with no perks, same cabin for 2018 is $4,549.00 p.p. with no perks. No good deal here, just some extra room in the cabin. I guess Michaels Club could be considered a perk if you like to drink alcohol.

I know they have gone it; I paid a lot for an S1 corner aft on the Reflection for 2017. But at least I have 900 OBC. My last one was only 300 dollars more from a C2, so I guess it evens out. My 2018 S1 corner aft is only 7,600 for two with all the perks...it is not a TA...350 OBC and more than that from my TA, so not too bad! Furthermore it is on the Reflection in Europe. I put in on hold and then paid the next morning before it jumped in price! My friend called and they gave her the higher price?????

Edited by Lastdance

I know they have gone it; I paid a lot for an S1 corner aft on the Reflection for 2017. But at least I have 900 OBC. My last one was only 300 dollars more from a C2, so I guess it evens out. My 2018 S1 corner aft is only 7,600 for two with all the perks...it is not a TA...350 OBC and more than that from my TA, so not too bad! Furthermore it is on the Reflection in Europe. I put in on hold and then paid the next morning before it jumped in price! My friend called and they gave her the higher price?????

What TA was it? The number of days and ship can make a difference

Just wanted to send an update. I called back again (just to be sure :D) and spoke to a new representative (the 3rd one today). She was able to "unlock" the booking for me and book the cabin for my family which is a party of 5. She said that you needed special authorization for those FVs and the 2nd representative may not have understood how to do it. Clearly, that was the case.

Can't wait! :)

Just wanted to send an update. I called back again (just to be sure :D) and spoke to a new representative (the 3rd one today). She was able to "unlock" the booking for me and book the cabin for my family which is a party of 5. She said that you needed special authorization for those FVs and the 2nd representative may not have understood how to do it. Clearly, that was the case.

Can't wait! :)

Good for you; don't give up!

Does anyone have the schedule for the rest of the rollout?

Seems that the least Celebrity could do for those of us who bought placeholders for 2018-2019 on recent cruises is let us know when various itineraries will be available.

When we bought them, the terms said they would be released 11/29.

It didn't say SOME, and we only have until 12/30 to use them.

Does anyone have the schedule for the rest of the rollout?

Seems that the least Celebrity could do for those of us who bought placeholders for 2018-2019 on recent cruises is let us know when various itineraries will be available.

When we bought them, the terms said they would be released 11/29.

It didn't say SOME, and we only have until 12/30 to use them.

I heard the 13th for the next round