Hotels near the cruise port in Fort Lauderdale

Slemteacher

I'm looking for any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel near the airport/cruise port in Fort Lauderdale. I understand they are all in close proximity to one another and we are arriving a day early. Also, what is the easiest way to get to the cruise port? Taxi? Does anyone know approximate cost? Thanks in advance, we have never cruised from this location before!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just sailed out of Fort Lauderdale. It's our favorite port. Many good places to stay and eat! We stayed at the embassy's suites on 17th street. Very close to the port with shuttle to take you to your ship. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Not cheap but evening reception and full breakfast included. We will stay there again next time.

Here is the link for the Florida departures. We have also stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street and like it. I really don't have any first hand knowledge about the other hotels around here since we live here. Haven't stayed in any others. There should be plenty of info on the link below. Enjoy your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I'm looking for any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel near the airport/cruise port in Fort Lauderdale. I understand they are all in close proximity to one another and we are arriving a day early. Also, what is the easiest way to get to the cruise port? Taxi? Does anyone know approximate cost? Thanks in advance, we have never cruised from this location before!

Holiday Inn Express near cruise port

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/fort-lauderdale/fllsr/hoteldetail/hotel-reviews

Just sailed out of Fort Lauderdale. It's our favorite port. Many good places to stay and eat! We stayed at the embassy's suites on 17th street. Very close to the port with shuttle to take you to your ship. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Not cheap but evening reception and full breakfast included. We will stay there again next time.

Agree! We stay here every time we cruise from Fort Lauderdale. It is also near where you can get a boat trip around the area, a nice trip.

If you book the high rooms, unsure what they call them (executive?), you also have free snack and soda vending.

We always request a port view room and get up really early to watch our ship come into port!

We used to stay at the hotel that is now Hyatt Place on 17th street...includes limited breakfast buffet, lobby internet, pool. It was expensive last time around so we did not book it. Rates vary seasonally and on soecial event weeks at all hotels.

We got a good deal at Hilton Embassy suite pre and post cruise. Very nice hotel, great service, full breakfast buffet, amazing pool area, nightly cocktails included 5 to 7,& full wifi if u sign up for Hilton Honors...no charge.

They arranged transp for us to port for cruise and airport post cruise.(taxi is best idea from port to hotel) For 15 or 20 , we sugned up for early check in post cruise...were given our room & the breakfast upon arrival and were at the pool by 10 am

Edited by hcat

As many have said, there are lots of options close to the cruise port and airport.

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street as well. We like the location, the breakfast and manager's reception in the evening that is included in the pricing.

We also like the fact that it is in fact a 2 room suite so you have a bit more room to relax while here. Pricing varies widely depending upon time of year, events in the area, etc.

In addition to the Embassy Suites, the Hyatt Place is right around the corner, the Hilton Marina, Hyatt Pier 66, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America are also very close. That means they are all within easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and stores for any items you may need or have forgotten.

Last December, our cab from airport to Embassy was $16.30 plus tip (including airport surcharge) and our cab to the pier from Embassy was $8.10 plus tip.

For what its worth, our cab from ship to airport last year was $12.50 plus tip.

Do some on line research for your dates or make some calls, then make your choice. Most of these hotels have quite a bit to lose if they are really terrible.

Bottom line is that we will be back at the Embassy Suites next week before boarding our cruise but, you have lots more to choose from if you wish.

Whatever your choice is, have a great cruise

Jed

OP...We stay at the Hampton Inn Airport North or the Embassy Suites on 17th. Hampton has a courtesy airport pick up. Embassy does not. Good complimentary breakfast at both. Comfortable beds at both. Both are close (walking distance) to restaurant's and stores. They both are a quick taxi ride to the Cruise Port.

I second Embassy suites (http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-by-hilton-fort-lauderdale-17th-street-FLLSOES/index.html). Very good location; great happy hour too.

Another time I stayed at Extended Stay America. It was OK (room wise) and a block from embassy suites.

Monica

Like the OP, I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I've been doing my research over on the Florida departures board, where reviews of the Embassy Suites and the Hilton Marina seem to be all over the map; Trip Advisor is even worse, with lots of negatives about both places in terms of needing a refresh, update, being worn, etc. It's hard to square with all the positives that so many here on CC say about them. :confused:

To me it's not the whole vacation, it's a place to sleep between getting in in the evening and leaving the next day, so I usually go for the best price at a chain I frequent (either Hilton, Starwood or Marriott) to get the points. But boy, during the winter months they all sure are pricey! This time we're staying 2 nights so we opted to use points and stay at the Courtyard right on the beach. We've stayed at many places, most often what used to be the Sheraton right near the airport which seems to be closed for renovations, should be opening some time as a Le Meridien.

And don't forget many of the airport hotels are listed under Dania Beach, not Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by warmwinds

We have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It's really close to the port and has a restaurant, which is handy. I think the shuttle to the cruiseport is about $8 if I remember correctly and the airport shuttle is free. We have never had an issue with this hotel.

As many have said, there are lots of options close to the cruise port and airport.

We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street as well. We like the location, the breakfast and manager's reception in the evening that is included in the pricing.

We also like the fact that it is in fact a 2 room suite so you have a bit more room to relax while here. Pricing varies widely depending upon time of year, events in the area, etc.

In addition to the Embassy Suites, the Hyatt Place is right around the corner, the Hilton Marina, Hyatt Pier 66, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America are also very close. That means they are all within easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and stores for any items you may need or have forgotten.

Last December, our cab from airport to Embassy was $16.30 plus tip (including airport surcharge) and our cab to the pier from Embassy was $8.10 plus tip.

For what its worth, our cab from ship to airport last year was $12.50 plus tip.

Do some on line research for your dates or make some calls, then make your choice. Most of these hotels have quite a bit to lose if they are really terrible.

Bottom line is that we will be back at the Embassy Suites next week before boarding our cruise but, you have lots more to choose from if you wish.

Whatever your choice is, have a great cruise

Jed

These are all good choices. One to avoid: Springhill Suites Cruise and Airport. We just stayed there. Not great for the price and actually it is in the opposite direction of the cruise port .... you have to go back to the airport area to get to the cruise port...

My husband loved the last place we stayed, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. When I checked, rooms were around $300 a night. We are coming in on Friday and after looking at Trip Advisor reviews, I chose Victoria Park Suites. Close to many restaurants and The Galleria.

Margaritaville is where I'd like to stay but there was a 3 day requirementioned in Hollywood Florida. I've chosen to stay in Hollywood right on the beach at Hotel Sheldon. The reviews seem fair, doesn't look fancy but was very affordable. Not too far from Port Everglades but right next to margaritaville.

Edited by Siora7777

For those who have stayed at the Embassy Suites, can you tell me about the managers reception in the evening? Is it beer and wine? Is it a light meal like Homewood Suites does, or just snacks like pretzels and chips?

Thanks.

For those who have stayed at the Embassy Suites, can you tell me about the managers reception in the evening? Is it beer and wine? Is it a light meal like Homewood Suites does, or just snacks like pretzels and chips?

Thanks.

Bud, Bud Light, house wine and well drinks. Sometimes also a special drink.

Chips and dips mostly (popcorn, pretzels, potato chips and dip, corn chips and salsa), but have also had celery and carrot sticks at times too.

5:30 to 7:30