Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

We're on the Nov 21 cruise also and while we thought about a sky suite (we really enjoy Luminae and the "Suite Life") we opted for the infinite veranda room to see what it was like since it's such a short trip. Now I'm debating specialty dining each of the three nights we're on board, or maybe 2 specialties and the MDR one night. Oh the choices.... vtcruising, we'll be asking you about Luminae and the whole "retreat" area too!

I am on the first cruise in an S1 and the second cruise in AQ with infinite veranda - they may have to drag me kicking and screaming from the S1 ;)

I have been thinking about our dining as well - 6 nights - probably have to do 1 in Luminae, 1 on the Lledge (if offered), 1 in Eden, 1 in Normandie Room, 1 in AQ and 1 TBD. :D

There are four preview cruises at this point: Nov 21, 24 and Dec 3, 6 (thought Dec 3 isn't on the website at the moment, for some reason). Who knows what is happening between Nov 27th-Dec 3rd? Maybe it will be a cruise for TAs or a charter?

My TA tells me it is sold out so they pulled it from the web site. We're on the 3rd and 6th.

One update that I got pretty much confirmed from a staff member on my recent Silhouette cruise was regarding Luminae. I asked if there will be new Luminae menus on Edge that will then roll out to the rest of the fleet. The staff member said that while they have not gotten official word of that they are all expecting that to happen. That is great news. While I think the Luminae menus have been fine, we’ve had them for over 2 years now (with only minor updates) and I’m ready for some changes.

I agree with you- I enjoy Luminae but a refreshed menu would be very nice!

Still looks like a kids lego effort from the outside ..but once we are inside we are expecting it to be awesome!

Wonder how long it will take to move the MC from deck to deck and if it will make noise/vibrate...we booked other side of ship not knowing much about MC operations,

Thanks again to Lloyd for taking us along on this pre cruise journey...

Feel sorry for the pax who are next to the yellow railing- It surely will be blocking your vision. Like having an apartment next to a brick wall. Also could be noisy.

I just don't know why they would make the center cabins between the tracks S3's - if I was paying the cost for a suite I wouldn't want to be dealing with any of that.

I just don't know why they would make the center cabins between the tracks S3's - if I was paying the cost for a suite I wouldn't want to be dealing with any of that.

We booked one of those because it is cheapest way to get access to Luminae, which is the big reason to book a suite [for us]. Also we prefer a shady balcony [have had too many skin cancers removed already, thank you very much].

Probably for the same reason why when Concierge and Aqua Classes came along Celebrity selected mainly staterooms located directly under public decks for these new categories. A crafty way to make less desirable staterooms due to location suddenly more desirable, and command a higher premium, to boot.

I'm not saying that people wouldn't pay for it, and there are reasons why they would as suggested above, but I'd just be too nervous about noise and obstructed views. But that's just me.

It's not an elevator. It will move very rarely, to reposition from its role as a tender platform to being an extension of the pool deck. It will probably affect us on deck 12 much of the time, but only as a source of shade.

It's not an elevator. It will move very rarely, to reposition from its role as a tender platform to being an extension of the pool deck. It will probably affect us on deck 12 much of the time, but only as a source of shade.

I know it's not an elevator, no need to defend your choice -- I was merely sharing a thought (guess I shouldn't have.) I guess my concern would be obstructed views. I have always liked being able to fully see aft and forward from our balcony. But the shade would be another reason why I would be afraid to book one. I like the sun.

Perhaps the MC staff could pass out cocktails to the S3 occupants on their way past:D Seriously, my inner geek-child longs to whiz up and down on the MC, but it probably doesn’t allow speeding:evilsmile: And before anyone flames me, yes, I do know passengers aren’t allowed on the MC while it is in motion.