Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

We have a suite on that side a few rooms forward of the MC. We thought it would be fun to see how it was used and what goes on...at least for 1 cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We are starboardside midship in an S2 that should give us opportunities to see the L'Edge in operation. Our cruise roll call has a cabin crawl set up, and we will get to see portside S2 for comparison. Unfortunately, we have very few cabins offered for viewing so far. There are so many categories that are unique for the Edge and it would be great to see them all!!

We are starboardside midship in an S2 that should give us opportunities to see the L'Edge in operation. Our cruise roll call has a cabin crawl set up, and we will get to see portside S2 for comparison. Unfortunately, we have very few cabins offered for viewing so far. There are so many categories that are unique for the Edge and it would be great to see them all!!

What sailing are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably for the same reason why when Concierge and Aqua Classes came along Celebrity selected mainly staterooms located directly under public decks for these new categories. A crafty way to make less desirable staterooms due to location suddenly more desirable, and command a higher premium, to boot.

Actually when Concierge was instituted back on the Century class ships, they took some of the most desirable veranda cabins and made them Concierge. Four example there were four veranda cabins on each side and front and back of the Sky deck. They were made Concierge cabins when Concierge began as they were the most desirable veranda cabins and first grabble up when bookings opened. They had huge veranda's, I had them twice on C class ships and daughter had one.

First, thanks so much to Lloyd for providing us with these great pictures of the Edge. It is a lot of fun to see her materializing right before our eyes! I do have a question for you engineering types -- I thought modern-day cruise ship cabins were manufactured and somehow slid into the hull. I am assuming this is not the way the Edge is made since we can see the infinite veranda windows already in place. Are the cabins being built inside -- just like a house might be constructed? :confused:

First, thanks so much to Lloyd for providing us with these great pictures of the Edge. It is a lot of fun to see her materializing right before our eyes! I do have a question for you engineering types -- I thought modern-day cruise ship cabins were manufactured and somehow slid into the hull. I am assuming this is not the way the Edge is made since we can see the infinite veranda windows already in place. Are the cabins being built inside -- just like a house might be constructed? :confused:

I am not an engineer, but having followed a lot of ship builds here on CC with Lloyd's updates, most of the cabins are still manufactured offsite and then brought to the ship yard and slid into place. See post 1205, first two photos and post 1212 the second photo. You will see on the starboard side on either side of the Magic Carpet an exterior lift/platform. That is usually what is used to put the pre-fab cabins into place, floor by floor. So it possible that they have started that process. On most ships were this is done, there is a slightly bigger opening in two or o locations were thi is done.

For the bigger suites, most of the work is done on site and in the ship.

Doubtful since Edge doesn’t sail until Nov 27th. The staff member was indicating that it would roll out in Edge first and then to the rest of the fleet afterward. I would imagine that they’ll want to get the menus down pat on Edge for a month or so before spreading them out. So maybe for the new year, Jan 2019? He did say that corporate likes to keep things consistent among all the ships so I don’t think they’d be running with two different menus for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true, The Edge sails sooner than Nov 27. We could not wait and are now also on a 3 day Nov 24. There is one before ours I think the 21! Getting closer every day!

Celebrity dismantles Magic Carpet in order to paint it another colour after complaints from opponents to the orange hue.

KIDDING!

Don't know why the cantilevered platform was removed. To finish it?

b08f40e4243b890f0589d87a2a582056.jpg9c19d1194bf14c92b8f54c83084f2834.jpg5f9b72c62cc1deb53ea9985b4686acc9.jpg3a40ddbfa06bdfd60181da548fcc3577.jpged4c7aafd6b59c80aff25f6eef1b1a0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Feel sorry for the pax who are next to the yellow railing- It surely will be blocking your vision. Like having an apartment next to a brick wall. Also could be noisy.

I'm just guessing from what I have seen:

On the deck plan, the S3 behind the MC rail sticks farther out than any other stateroom on the ship, indeed they are so far out that there is room for inside staterooms behind them.

You can see the deck plan shows the rails on the corner of the veranda and not on the side. The rendering of the MC also shows the rail does not appear to extend all the way back to the hull.

Therefor, the S3 under the MC may have a better forward and aft view than any other veranda on the ship, is the least expensive suite on the ship and is very convenient to the elevators.

I'll let you know after I sail in December. :D

I'm just guessing from what I have seen:

On the deck plan, the S3 behind the MC rail sticks farther out than any other stateroom on the ship, indeed they are so far out that there is room for inside staterooms behind them.

You can see the deck plan shows the rails on the corner of the veranda and not on the side. The rendering of the MC also shows the rail does not appear to extend all the way back to the hull.

Therefor, the S3 under the MC may have a better forward and aft view than any other veranda on the ship, is the least expensive suite on the ship and is very convenient to the elevators.

I'll let you know after I sail in December. :D

I think that this photo confirms your points. It appears that there will be open areas to the side of the balcony. But only on the end balconies next to the tracks. The inner balconies will have to be content with not being able to see down the sides of the ship. For those balconies, unless a person leans much too far over the railing or has an unusually long neck, their view will be partially blocked by the tracks. Only emotional support giraffes will be able to see down the sides of the ship from these middle balconies.

e1_3.jpg?itok=xaXwAcLK

Edited by sloopsailor

I think that this photo confirms your points. It appears that there will be open areas to the side of the balcony. But only on the end balconies next to the tracks. The inner balconies will have to be content with not being able to see down the sides of the ship. For those balconies, unless a person leans much too far over the railing or has an unusually long neck, their view will be partially blocked by the tracks. Only emotional support giraffes will be able to see down the sides of the ship from these middle balconies.

e1_3.jpg?itok=xaXwAcLK

Thanks for reminding me why I booked the forward-most S3. I was beginning to doubt my choice!

I was looking at changing my 2nd preview cruise to an S3 when I saw the openings on the end S3s on Lloyd's pictures a couple of weeks ago (looked like would have better view than I initially thought). I was looking to choose the aft side S3 since I thought the forward S3 might be windy when moving (remains to be seen). I was also thinking I would choose deck 8 or 9 so that I would be a few decks above the MC when it is on 5 and a few decks below when on deck 14 or 16.

They stopped giving the Go Best for suites for those 3 day cruises (latest deal) so I am sticking with AQ for the second leg unless they offer Go Best again (worth the cost for me with those perks). I am in an S1 for the 1st leg (got Go Best when I booked) and am thinking I may regret giving up the suite life so soon. :D

Celebrity dismantles Magic Carpet in order to paint it another colour after complaints from opponents to the orange hue.

KIDDING!

b08f40e4243b890f0589d87a2a582056.jpg9c19d1194bf14c92b8f54c83084f2834.jpg5f9b72c62cc1deb53ea9985b4686acc9.jpg3a40ddbfa06bdfd60181da548fcc3577.jpged4c7aafd6b59c80aff25f6eef1b1a0d.jpg

I think the MC is down to facilitate the installation of the sliding glass doors on the S3's.

Compare before and after photos...

I was looking at changing my 2nd preview cruise to an S3 when I saw the openings on the end S3s on Lloyd's pictures a couple of weeks ago (looked like would have better view than I initially thought). I was looking to choose the aft side S3 since I thought the forward S3 might be windy when moving (remains to be seen). I was also thinking I would choose deck 8 or 9 so that I would be a few decks above the MC when it is on 5 and a few decks below when on deck 14 or 16.

They stopped giving the Go Best for suites for those 3 day cruises (latest deal) so I am sticking with AQ for the second leg unless they offer Go Best again (worth the cost for me with those perks). I am in an S1 for the 1st leg (got Go Best when I booked) and am thinking I may regret giving up the suite life so soon. :D

I was looking at making the switch to an S3 for the Nov 21 Preview, but right now I decided not to for the same reason. I'd about double my cost to move to an S3 from the Infinite Veranda we have just aft of the MC and we'd lose 4 perks. As much as I think it would be interesting to try one of those rooms, and a 3 day cruise would be the way to do it in case we don't like it, I just can't do it for the price point it's at now. Maybe we'll see what happens after final payments are made.

Edited by garyl62
spelling

I was looking at making the switch to an S3 for the Nov 21 Preview, but right now I decided not to for the same reason. I'd about double my cost to move to an S3 from the Infinite Veranda we have just aft of the MC and we'd loose 4 perks. As much as I think it would be interesting to try one of those rooms, and a 3 day cruise would be the way to do it in case we don't like it, I just can't do it for the price point it's at now. Maybe we'll see what happens after final payments are made.

I agree that it would be great to try the S3's on a 3 day cruise. We will be so busy exploring the ship that if the balcony is not the best, it won't be too painful. I am hoping they will add the Go Best when this promotion ends on Feb 28 or maybe in the future.

KIDDING!

You had me going. I like the orange. Stands out like the giraffe on Anthem. Can see that ship coming a mile away.

I must be one of the minority but actually think the orange goes well with the blue hull. I do think once finished it will look quite stylish. Anyhoo, look out for me onboard in my orange polo and navy shorts [emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must be one of the minority but actually think the orange goes well with the blue hull. I do think once finished it will look quite stylish. Anyhoo, look out for me onboard in my orange polo and navy shorts [emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what about Navy shorts, White shirt & Orange suspenders?

I think the "Royal Genie" called and needs the Magic Carpet - maybe Aladdin is staying in a Royal Loft Suite for the inaugural of the Symphony of the Seas .........

Do you think it will fly over to Symphony on its own or does Aladdin need to come over and pick it up?