Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks Lloyd, for your current drawings, schematics & photos of the Magic Carpet and the new construction photos of The Edge Theater.

I agree Celebrity Cruise Lines needs to give you some acknowledgement or accolades for all your many photos and all your personal time on this new project . You have truly given Cruise Critics readers something to looking at and to discuss. You have keep us informed & updated with photos & videos on this new ship project. Called The Edge.

Thanks you from a graceful American.

Thanks Lloyd, for your current drawings, schematics & photos of the Magic Carpet and the new construction photos of The Edge Theater.

I agree Celebrity Cruise Lines needs to give you some acknowledgement or accolades for all your many photos and all your personal time on this new project . You have truly given Cruise Critics readers something to looking at and to discuss. You have keep us informed & updated with photos & videos on this new ship project. Called The Edge.

Thanks you from a graceful American.

Nice of you to say. I have to acknowledge some of the photographic assistance I get from some people over there in Saint-Nazaire. Say no more. Say no more. :D

I refer to it as the " big orange ugly thing"

That made me laugh out loud!

Love L'Edge as well ;-)

We are toying with the idea of going on the Edge in 2019 and this is exactly what comes in to my mind when I see the photos. There just doesn't seem to be anything remotely stylish about it at all.

PS Just wondering if there is any news yet about the 'grey' areas on the plans?

I like the name 'Lledge'.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Love it! I agree, Lloyd. Celebrity should definitely name it the Lledge in your honor. I think they should also offer you a few complimentary llunches or dinners on Lledge;)

Thanks again for providing us with all the wonderful information and photos. Cheers!

Theater in the round crossed my mind, too. Maybe like Koningsdam? Just add the LED screens around the walls and you've got a really cool performance space with endless possibilities.

Ageed, I think that they will use the round environment perhaps for their acrobatic shows and make it more like circus soleil. Also, seems like they would add some technology feature like sourroud videos. Yes, endless possibilities as this a new cruising format. We just need more details from celebrity.

Ageed, I think that they will use the round environment perhaps for their acrobatic shows and make it more like circus soleil. Also, seems like they would add some technology feature like sourroud videos. Yes, endless possibilities as this a new cruising format. We just need more details from celebrity.

This is the koningsdam theater

imagejpeg

I was not familiar with that term so I googled..it's an entertainment space on Holland American ship of same name.

:

"Koningsdam Entertainment & Activities

Theater

Koningsdam heralds a step change in terms of technology for Holland America, with the debut of a 270-degree wraparound screen in The World Stage, the main theater found on decks 1 and 2. The shows are a mix of music, dancing and movies, but not all utilize the technology to its fullest, especially if there are guest performers. The screen does come into its own, however, with the onboard performers, in shows such as "OneWorld," "Musicology" and the screening of the BBC's "The Frozen Planet," which is accompanied by a specially composed score. Expect magic shows, tribute bands, and music and dance revues..."

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. If you haven't seen the stage on Holland America's Koningsdam, you can Google World Stage on M S Koningsdam for a short clip of the space. The live performances are really enhanced with the LCD screens surrounding the theater. And the design of the stage puts the performers almost in a theater in the round. Endless posibilities with this layout.

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic. If you haven't seen the stage on Holland America's Koningsdam, you can Google World Stage on M S Koningsdam for a short clip of the space. The live performances are really enhanced with the LCD screens surrounding the theater. And the design of the stage puts the performers almost in a theater in the round. Endless posibilities with this layout.

Yes, I believe that it will be something in a similar environment, round venue and possible high technology

Thank for sharing this bit of information. I just checked out the video on YouTube. The theater looks really good with the stage setup and LCD screens.

Thanks for origally bring this up. I think we may have perhaps discover something.