Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Does anyone know if those are windows at the side of the S1’s, either to the suites or perhaps a stairwell?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I can see by the deck plans, they are called deluxe ocean view with veranda - there are some in the aft and some forward. I have been looking at them, but even though they look cool from the outside, the verandas look like they may be rather dark and closed in.

They are selling well - only one left on one of my preview cruises and two on the other . I hope I can see one on our cabin crawls.

I do wonder if they have a backup option!

Looking at all the photos there doesn’t seem to be any outlines or recesses where the traditional platforms would be housed.

But from some info Celebrity shared at the original release of the magic carpet a part of the presentation was how their improved tender boarding process evolved from existing concepts to various new ideas of which magic carpet was the final outcome!

(Found the original video ... the tender launch discussion kicks in at 8:27)

I would hate to think what would happen if the magic carpet was stuck on Deck 5 on a tender port day [emoji33]

If the MC is stuck they merely use the other side of the ship and dock conventionally.:p

From what I can see by the deck plans, they are called deluxe ocean view with veranda - there are some in the aft and some forward. I have been looking at them, but even though they look cool from the outside, the verandas look like they may be rather dark and closed in.

They are selling well - only one left on one of my preview cruises and two on the other . I hope I can see one on our cabin crawls.

That German "scanning" website indicates those 1A & 1B verandas to be 3 sq. meters vs. 5 sq. meters for other veranda categories. So they are small as well as dark & closed in.

Perhaps a backup catapult system should be added to get people ashore?

LOL. that would be Celebrity’s take on adding a water slide or flying fox...the Magic Slingshot [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the MC is stuck they merely use the other side of the ship and dock conventionally.:p

Well they can’t 'dock' at a tender port but maybe the port side has a more conventional setup. Still limiting as it often depends on weather conditions which side they use for tender deployment.

That German "scanning" website indicates those 1A & 1B verandas to be 3 sq. meters vs. 5 sq. meters for other veranda categories. So they are small as well as dark & closed in.

Interesting - will see how people like those cabins. The price difference from the least expensive infinite balconies is only about $30 on one of my cruises.

Well they can’t 'dock' at a tender port but maybe the port side has a more conventional setup. Still limiting as it often depends on weather conditions which side they use for tender deployment.

I interpreted the question as if the MC is stuck at "tender level" and the ship has to dock at a pier. All ships have traditional passageways, on both sides, since all ports are different.

For the life of me, I can't see paying extra for one of these cabins. There isn't enough of a price difference not to book an infinity cabin.

If nobody books at current prices, Celebrity will reduce the prices. This is a learning experience for them too. Celebrity may believe they know what people will accept, but they’ll adapt if they find out they’re wrong.

If nobody books at current prices, Celebrity will reduce the prices. This is a learning experience for them too. Celebrity may believe they know what people will accept, but they’ll adapt if they find out they’re wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. They may eventually end up being a relatively inexpensive way to have a veranda on the Edge.

Great to see the interior shaping up. It will help keep the exciting discoveries going for a long time. Thanks!

PS: Does the sun ever shine there? :D

France and especially Paris, has been getting tons of rain! I wonder if that will slow their progress...

France and especially Paris, has been getting tons of rain! I wonder if that will slow their progress...

I wonder too - it always look so gray in the pictures. I haven't been to France this time of year so wasn't sure if it was the norm. Hopefully, the sun will shine on the Edge soon!

First thanks Lloyd555 for all your outstanding photos of the interior framing of the ship. Its have been reported on our local television network some parts of Paris is flooded. Is this true Lloyd or is it fake news?.

True, Paris is on flood alert

First thanks Lloyd555 for all your outstanding photos of the interior framing of the ship. Its have been reported on our local television network some parts of Paris is flooded. Is this true Lloyd or is it fake news?.

It's true

However, Saint-Nazaire (where the Edge is being built) is also 235 miles / 378 km from Paris on the coast in the Loire estuary, whereas Paris is inland, and it's the river Seine that's flooding.