Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The Edge pool area.

01fc7e49d29790c57e6da7c4dd15b82c.jpg

4f4005c59cff6cbd7744d122ed2172e2.jpg

b29134d585db6cebb5786b58708bd55e.jpg

What are the dimensions.? looks a bit narrow but hard to tell. I think I also see another angled walkway???

Rooftop Garden and Solarium look great...

THANKS LLOYD for posting all of these.

Edited by hcat

What are the dimensions.? looks a bit narrow but hard to tell. I think I also see another angled walkway???

Rooftop Garden and Solarium look great...

THANKS LLOYD for posting all of these.

I thought the pool looked narrow too so I checked the FAQs:

• Resort Deck Total Square Footage: 7,192 sq. ft.

• The 365 meter jogging track spans Decks 15 and 16.

Pool Dimensions: 25 yd. x 10 yd., a 37% increase in size from the pools on Celebrity’s iconic Solstice Class pools

• Upscale plastic glassware with touches of color pleasantly compliment the refreshing pool-side cocktails and promote safety

• The Martini Glass-shaped hot tubs are suspended 22 ft. over the pool decko Each hot tub has an overall radius of 9.68 ft.

The angled walkways go up to the Martini hot tubs, I believe (part of the 2 deck jogging track).

Pool Dimensions: 25 yd. x 10 yd., a 37% increase in size from the pools on Celebrity’s iconic Solstice Class pools

• Upscale plastic glassware with touches of color pleasantly compliment the refreshing pool-side cocktails and promote safety

• The Martini Glass-shaped hot tubs are suspended 22 ft. over the pool decko Each hot tub has an overall radius of 9.68 ft.

The angled walkways go up to the Martini hot tubs, I believe (part of the 2 deck jogging track).

Good thing it's in yards and not feet :). Most things these days are quoted in feet generally. A pool that is 25 yards is very long for a cruise ship. I don't think I have been on a ship with one that long.

Wow things are getting really interesting now we’re seeing the facilities and interiors take shape. That pool looks awesome! How much better will it look on a sunny day [emoji38]

Thanks as always Lloyd555 for sourcing all these awesome shots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! A platform to dive into the pool or hot tub. Fun!!! ;p

Think that might also be where the Magic Slingshot launches you ashore from 🤪 a multi functional feature, very modern luxury touch [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good thing it's in yards and not feet :). Most things these days are quoted in feet generally. A pool that is 25 yards is very long for a cruise ship. I don't think I have been on a ship with one that long.

Seems to me Celebrity may be angling to offer swimming laps in the pool- as an attraction to the younger and/or fit crowd. Set aside times for lap swimming with lane dividers would be nice. IMHO the pool is underutilized most of the time.

Will the Magic Carpet be a totally enclosed structure with glass for protection from wind, rain and the ocean elements?

Here's a link to a “picture” of the MC. It will not be totally enclosed. The top covering is supposed to be some sort of mesh.

https://d19lgisewk9l6l.cloudfront.net/assetbank/The_Magic_Carpet_on_Celebrity_Edge_32135.jpg

Here's a link to a “picture” of the MC. It will not be totally enclosed. The top covering is supposed to be some sort of mesh.

https://d19lgisewk9l6l.cloudfront.net/assetbank/The_Magic_Carpet_on_Celebrity_Edge_32135.jpg

Looking closely at that image, it appears that the ends will have glass panels to block the wind. There are faint lines that are the frames for what probably is a glass wall. The second image shows that framing better.

And I would bet that the roof is also glass, with a pattern imprinted on it to cut some of the sun's rays.

The_Magic_Carpet_on_Celebrity_Edge_32135.jpg

676db700d72ab6584b63f3313841cdd3--magic-carpet-navi.jpg

Edited by sloopsailor

Thanks for doing the research. Sounds like early risers may be able to do a few laps...

Looking closely at that image, it appears that the ends will have glass panels to block the wind. There are faint lines that are the frames for what probably is a glass wall. The second image shows that framing better.

And I would bet that the roof is also glass, with a pattern imprinted on it to cut some of the sun's rays.

From Celebrity's press release info about the Edge-

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Magic Carpet Total Square Footage: 1,937.5 sq. ft. • Magic Carpet Total Length: 110 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Width: 20 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Weight: 240 metric tons

• Total Occupancy: 100

• The Magic Carpet is roughly the size of a tennis court

• Fabricated out of mainly painted steel with an airy, mesh ceiling • The Magic Carpet is out fitted with programmable LED lighting

Edited by C-Dragons

676db700d72ab6584b63f3313841cdd3--magic-carpet-navi.jpg

might be much to hot and humid to enjoy in the caribbean should have had retractable glass walls and a/c so regardless of the weather could be enjoyable. Even heat if sailing to cooler climates

Half-sister brand TUI Cruises has 25 m pools on their ships (Mein Schiff 3, 4, 5, 6 and the new 1 - currently 1 and 2 are the former Celebrity ships Galaxy and Mercury).

steamboats

steamboats - Thanks for sharing that information about TUI. That's one brand I don't know much about as they are mostly Europe based.

might be much to hot and humid to enjoy in the caribbean should have had retractable glass walls and a/c so regardless of the weather could be enjoyable. Even heat if sailing to cooler climates

It would be no more hot or humid than at any of the outside bars and deck areas such as pools and poolside grills. But your idea of retractable glass walls is a good idea for the reasons you stated. I can imagine some itineraries where the weather would be too uncomfortable to use, wasting an expensive invention.

As for glass walls at the ends, after standing at the front of a cruise ship underway that had no protective glass buffer shield, it can easily realized that sitting on the MC while underway would be quite uncomfortable without them, no matter what the temperature is. And this is even more of an issue when sailing into a head wind, where the ship's 20 knots might feel like 30 knots while underway. The glass end walls would mitigate that direct flow of air when underway. Some would still encroach on the interior, but it would be less of a problem. Without the end walls, the area would probably be unusable while underway.

Regarding the glass vs screen roof, a glass roof would protect against rain to a certain degree better than a screen would, so theoretically it could be used even in light rain.

I still do not understand how Magic Carpet can be a specialty restaurant when parked on deck 15. It has no kitchen. No running water. No hand washing sink for crew.

Access would be via the outside deck. What if it's raining?

Where are the nearest restrooms?

I just don't see how it would work.

I still do not understand how Magic Carpet can be a specialty restaurant when parked on deck 15. It has no kitchen. No running water. No hand washing sink for crew.

They will have taken all these points into consideration. Let’s wait and see

I've been wondering too and these were my thoughts:

Dinner on the Edge on the 16th deck, is described as:

"Situated on the summit of the ship on Deck 16, Magic Carpet becomes the ultimate specialty restaurant high in the sky where mouthwatering experiences such as “Dinner on the Edge” are hosted for a select number of guests."

My guess is that it will be a set menu with a limited number of guests (like a Chef's Table dinner) so that it will be more manageable as far as delivering the food. My thought is that it will be offered 1-2 times on a cruise, like a Chef's Table experience.

Looking at the 16th deck, where Dinner on the Edge will occur, there are 2 WC's fairly close to the MC on the deck plans.

There is a built-in bar on the MC - they must be able to hook it up to a water source and would hopefully have a hand-washing sink.

I imagine the food will come up in a dumb waiter or elevator - hopefully won't be cold by the time it arrives.

The roof of the MC looks opaque from above in one of the pictures I have seen - maybe the mesh material is rain resistant?

All guesses, but fun to speculate. :D

Edited by vtcruising