Celebrity Website Updated

sandc4e

Until they fix some really basic things, there is little hope.....

One would think that if you make a reservation for a future cruise with a Celebrity Cruise Planner on board a celebrity ship, it would automatically show up on your booked cruises when you sign on to Celebrity's web site. Nope...you have to add it manually.

One would think that if you wanted to make reservations in select dining for all or most of the nights on a future cruise, you would be able to do so without having to book each night separately...a four or five step process for each night. Nope...for a 7 day cruise you get to enter 7 reservations individually...for a 28 day B2b it takes almost an hour.

I could go on....but small changes that are almost always marketing oriented are not an indication of improvement, at least to me.

For the January/February 2018 Caribbean routes, apparently the promos are not working correctly on the site. I called yesterday about Go Big/Better/Best and was able to get a price with any of the 3 levels included on Equinox, however it's only showing on the site for certain Silhouette cruises. It defaults to $300 OBC for Reflection or Equinox.

Using Safari, I only get the lowest price (usually an inside guarantee) unless I click through several pages and scroll down to the bottom. I liked being able to price check/shop at a glance without clicking through several pages. :(

The change appears to be only a small cosmetic change on the front search page. You can still see the prices but it is now one click away.

If you click "View Staterooms" button to the right of the map it will open up the traditional view of cabin prices.

Color me completely unimpressed by their website/technology. So I want to go daydreaming about shore excursions and sign in to find no reservation listed (which I added months ago). I go to add it again and it won't take. I called a couple days ago and was told they are having problems with their website to just try back in a few hours....so I tried back in a few days (today) instead. Today after 21 minutes on the phone holding and conversing, I'm left with not being able to add a reservation is a know issue for some, IT is working on it, my reservation was added to their list to resolve, it should be a couple days and just check back. I'm probably just cranky, but explained as a customer spending money with you (and looking to spend more but incapable of doing that because of your issues) I've already made you aware of a problem now for the second time, and why would it be my responsibility to check back and hope you've fixed your problems and asked them to call or email when I can actually access my reservation online. Now waiting on an email.

Hi,

Changes made to Celebrity.Co.UK website.

Display problems when you sign into my celebrity. Firefox on iMac and Windows 10, Safari on iMac and Safari on iPad not displaying correctly

Jim

It looks a right pigs ear!!! I am using Firefox/Windows 10.

The change appears to be only a small cosmetic change on the front search page. You can still see the prices but it is now one click away.

If you click "View Staterooms" button to the right of the map it will open up the traditional view of cabin prices.

Thanks. That makes it much easier. I guess they thought showing a full range of prices made the page looked cluttered. However, I like my information at a glance.

Using Safari, I only get the lowest price (usually an inside guarantee) unless I click through several pages and scroll down to the bottom. I liked being able to price check/shop at a glance without clicking through several pages. :(

If you click "special offers" you will see all the pricing again. I missed that too and stumbled on this solution.

Definitel still lots of bugs.

Color me completely unimpressed by their website/technology. So I want to go daydreaming about shore excursions and sign in to find no reservation listed (which I added months ago). I go to add it again and it won't take. I called a couple days ago and was told they are having problems with their website to just try back in a few hours....so I tried back in a few days (today) instead. Today after 21 minutes on the phone holding and conversing, I'm left with not being able to add a reservation is a know issue for some, IT is working on it, my reservation was added to their list to resolve, it should be a couple days and just check back. I'm probably just cranky, but explained as a customer spending money with you (and looking to spend more but incapable of doing that because of your issues) I've already made you aware of a problem now for the second time, and why would it be my responsibility to check back and hope you've fixed your problems and asked them to call or email when I can actually access my reservation online. Now waiting on an email.

I have the same problem.My 8/27/17 cruise reservation has disappeared and I can't enter it manually.Called captains club desk to resolve the issue and was told I have an active res. and Celebrity is aware of the problem.

If you click "special offers" you will see all the pricing again. I missed that too and stumbled on this solution.

Definitel still lots of bugs.

This morning there is a pop up telling me to either click on "view staterooms" or "special offers" to see pricing for all staterooms. Hmm... They must be reading our thread or hearing from others. Either works. Thanks for the help!:D

I can't seem to check in for my kids. They keep telling me an adult has to sign the cruise document. The problem is we have signed it. So nothing's wrong with anything but they keep saying they are only 80% checked in and tell us to resume check in. So frustrating. Tried to sort it out yesterday by calling them but after 40 min was still waiting for "the next available" person. Going to call again later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tried to search some cruises yesterday...the titles of some cruises do not match the itin listings..way off in more than a few cases.

Booked excursions as well..still a tedious process on the website...had to laugh..one tour description for a Ca port says it was an " Exclusive" that only 6 people will get to see the glaciers...huh not any of those in California..

Still dysfunctional and lack of attention to details...hope it gets better!

Personally I find it chaotic, can't find a transatlantic it's much harder to navigate than the old one in my opinion. Not liking it at all [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have found in three (3) clicks all of the trans-Altantic sailings, two (2) pages worth, unless I Am doing something incorrectly..

bon voyage

Well I used to think that people moaning about the website were being over critical ... but no more! Have spent the last the last 2 days relaxing and looking at cruises and holidays on various sites and I can honestly say that Celebrity's is the most unfriendly site ever!

It is soooooo frustrating when you can only limit your options to one ship or one destination and then it kicks you out and tells you there is an error. ALL other sites let you pick a few options all at once rather than having to go backwards and forwards.... and they don't keep kicking you out.

I also find that other sites give you some great info on the ships and virtual tours. Have I missed them on Celebrity.

Oh well, I will persevere, but someone is being paid a lot of money for this mess.

I have the same problem.My 8/27/17 cruise reservation has disappeared and I can't enter it manually.Called captains club desk to resolve the issue and was told I have an active res. and Celebrity is aware of the problem.

Thank you for posting this. Everyone, it seems, on our NOV 17 Millie cruise has had their reservation disappear. I'm now wondering if it's a website issue or if the ship has been chartered and we've all been dumped without being notified. I will try to enter it manually....forgot about being able to do that.

Well I used to think that people moaning about the website were being over critical ... but no more! Have spent the last the last 2 days relaxing and looking at cruises and holidays on various sites and I can honestly say that Celebrity's is the most unfriendly site ever!

It is soooooo frustrating when you can only limit your options to one ship or one destination and then it kicks you out and tells you there is an error. ALL other sites let you pick a few options all at once rather than having to go backwards and forwards.... and they don't keep kicking you out.

I also find that other sites give you some great info on the ships and virtual tours. Have I missed them on Celebrity.

Oh well, I will persevere, but someone is being paid a lot of money for this mess.

p2 - On this side of the pond there is on our site (celebritycruises.com) a "See 360 View" clickable link for staterooms, some restaurants and the theatre. I did not scroll through all pages to figure out which other areas has this, but there were a few found.

Maybe it is the UK or other site you are using to view this which does not...

bon voyage

Just as a lark, I logged into my account on X, I found my reservation in tact, and was surprized and happy to find the ability to book or look up fares for ChoiceAir was there...

Either I overlooked it in the past or what, now I do not have to look this up separately... :)

bon voyage