How addicted are you to cruising with Celebrity?

C 2 C

How many nights did you sail in 2016  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How many nights did you sail in 2016

We always look to Celebrity and Azamara first when planning a cruise, but only end up booking them about half the time. We love the product, the people we meet and the value, but we can only cruise in July and December and often find better itineraries on other lines. We did 15 days on Regent this year to Iceland and Greenland and are currently on X for 14 days on the India voyage.

Next year, for the first time, we won't be doing X or AZ at all. We booked Silversea for July and a river cruise for Xmas.

Michael

We mostly cruise with Celebrity....every once in awhile Royal C but do not like their big ships.

We used to cruise 3 or 4 times a yr before we retired, but now just 2 cruises a year are enough for us...We enjoy our snow bird season in Fla. Have also tried an All inclusive and plan on a land based trip to Aruba.

We have lowered expectations since Celebrity has abandoned "Modern Luxury" & become "Royalized" but still enjoy ourselves.

Edited by hcat

Actually can't vote answer is 0. Will be trying early 2017 one more time. We've had over 50 days at sea this year but are not blinkered to the "wonderful X) that some are.

Jury is out its over to X - not sure we are in the Modern luxury mindset they are time will tell

140 days booked in 2017 (so far).

Personally can't afford to sail any other line due to the $100+ per day in free Zenith benefits (Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet, Unlimited Laundry, Pressing & Dry Cleaning plus Michaels Club) !!!

Crossed Double Zenith in 2016 !!!

140 days booked in 2017 (so far).

Personally can't afford to sail any other line due to the $100+ per day in free Zenith benefits (Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet, Unlimited Laundry, Pressing & Dry Cleaning plus Michaels Club) !!!

Crossed Double Zenith in 2016 !!!

Have you considered selecting your favorite ship, selling your residence and just moving onto the ship? :D You'll never have to worry about cooking or cleaning again.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Have you considered selecting your favorite ship, selling your residence and just moving onto the ship? :D You'll never have to worry about cooking or cleaning again.

Would not want to sail year round. In my case it is about 1/3 of the year.

The guy Arno mentioned (Albert who sails exclusively on Summit) is close to year round at 44 weeks per year. I suspect he would sail year round if not for the chartered out weeks !!!

We always look to Celebrity and Azamara first when planning a cruise, but only end up booking them about half the time. We love the product, the people we meet and the value, but we can only cruise in July and December and often find better itineraries on other lines. We did 15 days on Regent this year to Iceland and Greenland and are currently on X for 14 days on the India voyage.

Next year, for the first time, we won't be doing X or AZ at all. We booked Silversea for July and a river cruise for Xmas.

Michael

Hi Michael, I hope you enjoy your River Cruise:).....mine was absolutely

fantastic:D

We mostly cruise with Celebrity....every once in awhile Royal C but do not like their big ships.

We used to cruise 3 or 4 times a yr before we retired, but now just 2 cruises a year are enough for us...We enjoy our snow bird season in Fla. Have also tried an All inclusive and plan on a land based trip to Aruba.

We have lowered expectations since Celebrity has abandoned "Modern Luxury" & become "Royalized" but still enjoy ourselves.

I'm still trying to figure out what was Modern Luxury was. I thing it was a good marketing program that a lot of people fell for.

Our grandchildren say we cruise too much!

Young whippersnappers... what do they know?! :eek: :D ;)

for the first time since 2003 I did not cruise with Celebrity in 2016.

.....so I guess I am no longer addicted to Celebrity.

I managed to cruise 70 days this year... but not ONE with Celebrity... :(

So I guess I am no longer addicted either... but you STILL just can NOT beat the incredible beauty of an S class ship! :cool:

OR the service... OR the drinks... OR the buffet... OR the rack of lamb in the MDR... OR the lamb chops at the Lawn Club! :D

But both Royal AND Princess have more and much better entertainment... with none of the ridiculously loud, utterly obnoxious music.

Edited by teecee60

Young whippersnappers... what do they know?! :eek: :D ;)

I managed to cruise 70 days this year... but not ONE with Celebrity... :(

So I guess I am no longer addicted either... but you STILL just can NOT beat the incredible beauty of an S class ship! :cool:

OR the service... OR the drinks... OR the buffet... OR the rack of lamb in the MDR... OR the lamb chops at the Lawn Club! :D

But both Royal AND Princess have more and much better entertainment... with none of the ridiculously loud, utterly obnoxious music.

Hi, I have yet to try Princess. i was going to but then I booked Reflection

instead. Will see what the rest of the year brings me. I also still love

to cruise. I want to go to Europe again but every single cruise I have

looked at with Celebrity is more $ than I want to spend.

I would have agreed with you based upon my Summit cruises however this month on the Equinox there was no loud, obnoxious music. They had at least five different live, enjoyable duos or quartets performing throughout the various venues. The DJ was restricted to the Quasar lounge where the disco was.

Even the Martini Bar when they had the DJ they had what's called Silent Disco where everyone wore a head set to listen to the three music channels. It had the whole place jumping while silent to those not participating. It was lots of fun!!!

I USED to be addicted to Celebrity, but with all the changes and what I see as pretty big downgrades in many areas, all the silly promotions like Big/Better/Best, plus the increase in fares, have caused us to move away from X. We now cruise Oceania and will be going on Seabourn and Crystal.

Edited by kitty9

I too USED to be addicted to Celebrity- but also moved- to Cunard in my case. It all started with the Solstice Class´s debut. I am Elite plus but still sailing Cunard these days. However I will give the new Edge Class a try! The last Silhouette cruise was okay- almost a year ago- but just - okay. The X- tra of X is long gone!

Edited by Germancruiser

I would have agreed with you based upon my Summit cruises however this month on the Equinox there was no loud, obnoxious music. They had at least five different live, enjoyable duos or quartets performing throughout the various venues. The DJ was restricted to the Quasar lounge where the disco was.

Even the Martini Bar they had what's called Silent Disco. It had the whole place jumping while silent to those not participating. It was lots of fun!!!

THAT sounds like my cue to consider a return to Celebrity! :)

I absolutely LOVED the martini bar, (of course the chocolate, espresso, and mud slide martinis MIGHT have had SOMETHING to do with it) but having to SCREAM at the person sitting right next to you finally drove me away. :rolleyes:

I have yet to try Princess. i was going to but then I booked Reflection instead.

I want to go to Europe again but every cruise I looked at with Celebrity is more $ than I want to spend.

Just got off a WONDERFUL 15 night Star Princess cruise to Hawaii... $799pp/$929pp inside/OV... with FREE grats AND $500 OBC.

Check out the 8 April, 14 night transatlantic from FLL to Southampton on Crown Princess. $799pp/$899pp for inside/ocean view. Princess lets me stack my military, shareholder and other benefits for a total of $860 OBC! :eek: :D :cool:

You might have to search the on-line travel sites that all these pesky moderators on CC won't let us mention! :D

Edited by teecee60

my income bracket does not allow me to sail with Crystal exclusively, so I decided to try Celebrity in September, and went on the Bering Sea/Japan crossing from Vancouver to Tokyo...Major problems through much of the cruise(check the thread on that crossing if you want details), but trying to convince myself lightning won't strike twice on one cruise, I am booked on the reverse itinerary (more or less) from Tokyo to Vancouver in May.

As I really wish to spend more time in Japan and the price for an interior, even with he punitive 200% on mass market/premium lines, was a fraction of what I was going to pay on Crystal Serenity in April. So , for me, in this case, the fare was the deciding factor. I figure now that I know what to expect on Millennium, anything better than last time will be acceptable

P.S.FWIW, no amount of money could get me on one of the cities at sea size ships, whether Celebrity,Princess, NCL,RCCL(Celebrity light) or any other 2500 plus passenger vessel. It is all I can do to deal with ~2200 passengers on the Millennium class ships...

Also I am a non drinker

Edited by haikou

THAT sounds like my cue to consider a return to Celebrity! :)

I absolutely LOVED the martini bar, (of course the chocolate, espresso, and mud slide martinis MIGHT have had SOMETHING to do with it) but having to SCREAM at the person sitting right next to you finally drove me away. :rolleyes:

Just got off a WONDERFUL 15 night Star Princess cruise to Hawaii... $799pp/$929pp inside/OV... with FREE grats AND $500 OBC.

Check out the 8 April, 14 night transatlantic from FLL to Southampton on Crown Princess. $799pp/$899pp for inside/ocean view. Princess lets me stack my military, shareholder and other benefits for a total of $860 OBC! :eek: :D

You might have to search the on-line travel sites that all these pesky moderators on CC won't let us mention! :D

Thanks for the recommendation.....the dates don't work for me on that

TA crossing.....I still work. And I am sailing in Feb so

going again in April doesn't work for me either. I am looking for the

summer/early fall......I am continuing to do my research.

Looks like I am not alone in those who used to sail exclusively with

Celebrity.....

Edited by Lois R

Until last year I sailed twice a year on 10-14 night cruises with Celebrity, always Celebrity :) then in June 15 we went with Princess on a summer solstice cruise, we choose the cruise for the itinerary not the ship but loved many many things about princess.

This year we've done a b2b for 21 nights on Reflection, a 4 nighter on Regal Princess and an 11 nighter on Queen Victoria, we enjoyed them all. We love Celebritys design the best but they are not the best for food anymore unless you pay a supplement. Both princess and Cunard are better. Nor are they the best for entertainment, Cunard win that easily!

At the moment we have four cruises booked, one with Celebrity, three with Cunard. We are doing a b2b with Cunard in October and paying considerably less than we would for a balcony with Celebrity and each cruise gives us $350 obc

I love Celebrity and if the pricing structure was more competitive like it was 2 year ago, they would get all my cruise business. However, I also love Princess and Royal, so which ever line has the best ship, itinerary, and price will get my cruise dollars.

BILL