How addicted are you to cruising with Celebrity?

C 2 C

How many nights did you sail in 2016  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How many nights did you sail in 2016

As 2016 is just about over, were you a casual X cruiser, an avid X cruiser or a totally addicted to the brand in 2016?

We were recently onboard Summit and we met the near "resident", a passenger who sailed solo for nearly 44 weeks in the last year. (I was sipping something in Michael's that made me forget the exact number) ;)

What does "casual" or "addicted" mean? Perhaps different to each of us. We will cruise in April for 15 nights in a CS (our first and with current pricing, our last) - our first as Elite. We have two more booked.

We cruise once a year, on occasion twice - and when we go we like to go in comfort. We only cruise on X. Are we casual because we cruise less? Are we addicted because we cruise in suites?

I've found the line that fits our needs, if that changes then we will change. Not sure where in your schematic we fall.

2016 was a very good cruising year for us, 4 cruises 3 on Celebrity for a total of 27 days on Celebrity. It took me 40 some cruises on six different cruise lines to determine my favorite is Celebrity. I will never sail just one cruiseline, but most years I suspect most nights i spend on a ship will have an X on it.

We will start 2017 out right by boarding Eclipse on January 2nd, and I plan on booking three more cruises while on board. Although 2017 I'll sail Royal Caribbean most while we try a BIG ship sailing Harmony and I spend my birthday on Serenade in Iceland:).

Hi Arno, for the first time since 2003 I did not cruise with Celebrity in 2016.

I am going on REFLECTION in February but I have nothing else booked

in 2017. So, I cannot vote in your poll. As for being avid or casual? It is

a bit misleading........I have cruised with them many times but recently

I have branched out to other areas. My river cruise back in April was

FANTASTIC......:D, actually I may do another one in the summer of '17

or there is a possibility I will have a chance to try Windstar.....so I guess

I am no longer addicted to Celebrity.

I'm not sure you structured the poll correctly if what you want to know is how devoted someone is to the Celebrity brand. Rather than ask how many nights a person has sailed, it would be more accurate to ask out of the past 10 cruises how many were on Celebrity. Also, you might ask people to rank in order of importance, 1) brand 2)itinerary 3) embarkation/disembarkation port 4)cost. The number of nights someone sailed this year has no context if it doesn't include the number of non-Celebrity nights.

I used to be more inclined to cruise Celebrity however as corporate has shifted their focus from catering to their loyal cruiser over the past couple of years, so have I shifted my loyalty. It's ironic because I just hit elite with my December 9th cruise.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I'm not sure you structured the poll correctly if what you want to know is how devoted someone is to the Celebrity brand. Rather than ask how many nights a person has sailed, it would be more accurate to ask out of the past 10 cruises how many were on Celebrity. Also, you might ask people to rank in order of importance, 1) brand 2)itinerary 3) embarkation/disembarkation port 4)cost. The number of nights someone sailed this year has no context if it doesn't include the number of non-Celebrity nights.

Instead of picking holes in another member's thread why don't you just start your own?

I used to be more inclined to cruise Celebrity however as corporate has shifted their focus from catering to their loyal cruiser over the past couple of years, so have I shifted my loyalty. It's ironic because I just hit elite with my December 9th cruise.

I think I have seen you on the Azamara board and are cruising with them soon. Don't forget your Elite status will carry over as "Discoverer" there and points you earn on your Azamara sailing will be amalgamated.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Around 30 days on =X= this year but double that + on other lines.

Next year 30 days, but again, double that on other lines.

Virtually all those sailings would be on =X= in the past, but as we continue to branch out, we find there are many things, on other lines. that we like even more than Celebrity. Not enough to abandon them completely but enough to spread our time, especially as prices on Celebrity go through the roof but the experience gets no better. Looking at the prices for much of 2018, our jaw drops as we say "will people really be paying those prices?"

Last 7 cruises, 6 X, 1 Princess. Looking forward we have 2 X booked for 2017, 2 Princess for 2018, and 1 X for 2019. We will likely add a spur of the moment cruise in 2017, and 2018. We love cruising and I love being retired!

Transatlantic on the Reflection is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This year we took 2 Celebrity, 1 Oceania and very recently took our first P&O Caribbean cruise. We are Elite+ on Celebrity and have really enjoyed their S class ships but have decided to rebook P&O again and pass on Celebrity.

P&O was an eye opener, vastly better entertainment package, wider choice of places to dine, only 3 sea-days compared to 5 on Celebrity, better wine and beer choices at significantly lower prices without any added surcharge. Also charter premier economy direct flights to Barbados or St. Lucia without immigration and customs hassle.

Overall P&O are 15-20% cheaper than Celebrity which is an added bonus.

P&O was an eye opener, vastly better entertainment package, wider choice of places to dine, only 3 sea-days compared to 5 on Celebrity, better wine and beer choices at significantly lower prices without any added surcharge. Also charter premier economy direct flights to Barbados or St. Lucia without immigration and customs hassle.

Overall P&O are 15-20% cheaper than Celebrity which is an added bonus.

Only one problem. They are full of Brits!;)