How addicted are you to cruising with Celebrity?

C 2 C

How many nights did you sail in 2016  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How many nights did you sail in 2016

I'm not sure you structured the poll correctly if what you want to know is how devoted someone is to the Celebrity brand. Rather than ask how many nights a person has sailed, it would be more accurate to ask out of the past 10 cruises how many were on Celebrity. Also, you might ask people to rank in order of importance, 1) brand 2)itinerary 3) embarkation/disembarkation port 4)cost. The number of nights someone sailed this year has no context if it doesn't include the number of non-Celebrity nights.

Someone who is addicted to Celebrity Cruises knows who they are..

A Celebrity Cruise addict doesn't care when they sail or where they sail and will find a price they are willing to pay as long as it's on a Celebrity ship and they have little or no interest in sailing with anyone else (except sibling Azamara where points also accumulate). The only non-Celebrity nights will be at home preparing for their next fix or wishing they had not strayed. ;)

We spent 47 nights on Eclipse, 22 on Silhouette, 28 on Infinity and 28

on Summit (plus travel times); 125 nights being wined, dined and entertained by X while travelling with other cruisers who seemed to enjoy themselves as well.

Your points might apply to others who also cruise on other lines and are not addicted to only one brand but that was not my question.

Celebrity has been our cruise line of choice for more 25 years. Before retirement, we sailed once or twice a year. Now retired, that is more like 4 or 5 times, and if DH had his way it would be more than that, although we also like to do land vacations.

In the past couple of years, we have done something we never used to do, and that is consider other lines. Still love Celebrity, but it is a fact that the quality is not what it used to be and the pricing of late is beginning to stretch our boundaries. So far, we have stuck with Celebrity but I don't know what the future will bring. I look forward to Edge Class, and at the same time hope that they don't price us out of the game when those ships are released. (and also hope that this isn't the beginning of the end of the M class - still love those vessels especially for port intensive cruises).

Celebrity has been our cruise of choice since 1994. We, too are beginning to look elsewhere and we are doing our first river cruise next May on AMA. Hoping we don't get addicted to this way of vacationing. as it is rather expensive.

We have been loyal to X with 25 cruises. ( Elite Plus ) However this year the prices for AQ and Suites were more than before. Only 2 cruises on X in 2016 and 2 cruises on the Oceania Riviera. We will still cruise on X but if price is similar we would choose Oceania.

Celebrity is one of four we like to sail with.

Have been leaning away from Celebrity recently as lot more older people than me on ship. I hate it when I help the average passenger age drop. :)

Really not a problem. That doesn't last very long.

It is amazing how quickly one goes from being one of the younger passengers to being one of the older ones.

Enjoy being one of the younger ones while you can because the change happens in the blink of an eye, well before you ever expect it. :eek: :D

Edited by varoo

As 2016 is just about over, were you a casual X cruiser, an avid X cruiser or a totally addicted to the brand in 2016?

We were recently onboard Summit and we met the near "resident", a passenger who sailed solo for nearly 44 weeks in the last year. (I was sipping something in Michael's that made me forget the exact number) ;)

We prefer Cunard, but Celebrity is a very good fit. We prefer the Eclipse & it's 14 day Caribbean trips. Never a dull time.

• 4 weeks later...
As 2016 is just about over, were you a casual X cruiser, an avid X cruiser or a totally addicted to the brand in 2016?

We were recently onboard Summit and we met the near "resident", a passenger who sailed solo for nearly 44 weeks in the last year. (I was sipping something in Michael's that made me forget the exact number) ;)

We are HAL converts. We loved HAL but wanted something more fun and modern. Ever since the addition of Luminae on =X= we are hooked. Mind you, we will try out a river cruise at some point but we are quite content with =X= for ocean-based cruising.

However I will say I dream of traveling with our beloved Frenchies on a Cunard transatlantic voyage and spending a summer in England. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been a fan of Celebrity, but am involved in a situation where I have proof of my original booking date and final payment date, but Celebrity does not want to honor the price drop. I have all my ducks in a role, along with another who was able to get the reduction...so, my TA is really going to bat for me with all the correct information and dates. This should not have to happen, but for some reason Celebrity is choosing its battles and I am one of them. It never feels good when you have the documentation, but Celebrity doesn't want to be confused with the facts...not good for loyal customers! :eek: I feel the pain of others who have had this happen to them...Celebrity...be fair and consistent with your policies and inservice your employees on changes etc. However, if there is a price drop and it is before final payment, you need to honor it and not try and wiggle out of your own inconsistencies...

Edited by Lastdance

We're somewhat loyal to RCI/X just because we finally made Diamond/Elite. But, we also sail DCL when Florida resident rates are available. We're open to other cruise lines (except for Carnival) if the price and timing work out for us.

We have done nine great cruises on Celebrity since 2011. X is still our favorite cruise line.

However,, in 2016 we did not cruise on X, we did a river cruise with Vantage in Portugal then Alaska with NCL (they had a great itinerary and price). Celebrity is not as competitive with RCI and NCL anymore due to high prices and price bundling with drinks packages that we don't want.

We are booked on Eclipse in October of this year, a TA from Southampton to Miami. TA cruises are still reasonable priced.

We are booked on two RCI cruises out of Sydney next year. The prices beat the heck out of Celebrity.

We are HAL converts. We loved HAL but wanted something more fun and modern. Ever since the addition of Luminae on =X= we are hooked. Mind you, we will try out a river cruise at some point but we are quite content with =X= for ocean-based cruising.

However I will say I dream of traveling with our beloved Frenchies on a Cunard transatlantic voyage and spending a summer in England. [emoji4]

We love X as well (although open minded to others if the price is right [emoji6]). As Hal converts did you try the Koningsdam?

Very similar to the solstice class ships but with better and more reasonably priced dining options?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

P&O was an eye opener, vastly better entertainment package, wider choice of places to dine, only 3 sea-days compared to 5 on Celebrity, better wine and beer choices at significantly lower prices without any added surcharge. Also charter premier economy direct flights to Barbados or St. Lucia without immigration and customs hassle.

Overall P&O are 15-20% cheaper than Celebrity which is an added bonus.

Only one problem. They are full of Brits!;)

Have to agree :D.

We want to try Azamara, but won't until the kids are no longer cruising with us ;).

Let's see...Alaska in May on the Millennium, then deep Caribbean in 2018 on the Eclipse, then Vancouver to Home in Ft Lauderdale in Sept 2018 and we just booked onboard for Hawaii in 2019... If that's an addiction please don't try to help me[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used to be somewhere between addicted and avid, following all the changes over recent years I would place us in the casual group at best.

Nothing booked on "X" until March 2018, 3 with NCL this coming year though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Edited by harz99

We love X as well (although open minded to others if the price is right [emoji6]). As Hal converts did you try the Koningsdam?

Very similar to the solstice class ships but with better and more reasonably priced dining options?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I've looked at the Koni. We were spoiled on HAL upgrading to Neptune access and I think that price point now would be greater than SS2/SS1 with Michael's.

I think P&O would be a fun alternative if we went another direction. We adore the Brits![emoji636][emoji2]

Our first cruise, in 1993, on RCCL, was in a suite, totally unexpected. (long story why, won't bore you). Unfortunately, we were hooked and never looked back. Because of that, we cruise, at most, twice a year. We prefer to spend our cruise budget on suites, so therefore we take fewer cruises in order to stick to the budget.

I/we have also cruised on HAL and Norwegian. Their suite lounges pale by comparison to Celebrity and RCCL. I have not sailed on any other cruise lines, other than =X=, in the last six years.

Would we like to cruise more frequently? Yes, but the desire to be in a suite prevents us from doing that. Many folks will consider us snobs, but that is how we choose to spend our cruising funds.

My point being, asking us how many nights we have cruised on Celebrity, in a year, may not been the best way to judge loyalty.

Our first cruise, in 1993, on RCCL, was in a suite, totally unexpected. (long story why, won't bore you). Unfortunately, we were hooked and never looked back. Because of that, we cruise, at most, twice a year. We prefer to spend our cruise budget on suites, so therefore we take fewer cruises in order to stick to the budget.

I/we have also cruised on HAL and Norwegian. Their suite lounges pale by comparison to Celebrity and RCCL. I have not sailed on any other cruise lines, other than =X=, in the last six years.

Would we like to cruise more frequently? Yes, but the desire to be in a suite prevents us from doing that. Many folks will consider us snobs, but that is how we choose to spend our cruising funds.

My point being, asking us how many nights we have cruised on Celebrity, in a year, may not been the best way to judge loyalty.

Nothing in Arno's OP question measures loyalty by nights sailed?

And in any case, is a person whose budget only allows cruising in an inside or OV, somehow less loyal than someone like yourself whose budget allows you to choose the luxury of a suite? I don't think so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I don't think you are a snob at all. We, too, as a rule sail in Suites. Luminae put it over the top for us, and we appreciate the additional points we earn. We only cruise annually and when we do, we cruise large. It's a personal choice. Even on an annual sailing, when we walk the gangway, enter the ship, and hear the chime of our scanned Seapass we immediately feel at home. We so look forward to coming back so I guess it's an addiction.

IMHO loyalty is reciprocal. We are currently loyal to Celebrity and we feel it is loyal to us based on our overall enjoyment of our cruise vacations. But what we deem "high quality" may not be what someone else deems as such. To each his/her own, and that's why there are so many different cruise lines. Each has its own loyalists or addicts.

Instead of picking holes in another member's thread why don't you just start your own?

His comment on the poll is totally right and anyone who would call that a poll knows nothing about setting up a poll. The OP asks how addicted we are to Celebrity and the only poll question is "how many days have we cruised". What does this have to do with Celebrity addiction? The OP gets an F in poll design. Before you or anyone else asks why I don't start my own poll - I just don't care.

In answer to the question asked as opposed to the choice of answers in the poll - I am totally not addicted to any cruise line. I pick my cruises based on price and itinerary. In my opinion, brand loyalty is for suckers. The cruise lines do not treat repeat or long time customers any better than first time customers so why should I favor one line over another.

DON