Elite toiletries

34TigerLily

I was on the Caribbean Princess last week and for the first time the elite toiletry bag included a tube of conditioner. Is this now a standard item, perhaps in response to all of the negative comments about the shampoo/conditioner combo now in the showers?

We've been Elite for 5 cruises and the bag has had a slightly different inventory every time.

I agree. They can keep the eye mask and the scrubby sponge. Though I do love the Chapstick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. They can keep the eye mask and the scrubby sponge. Though I do love the Chapstick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The chapstick is wonderful! I asked my room steward for an extra tube of it as I kept leaving it in my pants or forgetting to take it with me. I was beginning to get a cold sore and I applied it right away and it was gone the next day. I gave my daughter a spare toiletry bag that we received and she loves the chapstick too. I gave her an extra one - our room steward gave me 3 tubes of it. I gave him a nice tip in exchange.:D

What you're given in the Elite Package seems to vary. :rolleyes:

Agree with others -- Great Chap Stick! :)

Looks like we can agree that the Chap Stick is great.

Did anyone get the Lotus Spa Linen Mist? It doesn't have a list of ingredients or what to do with it. All it says is 'soothing linen mist developed by WESSCO exclusively for Princess Cruises'.

Do you spray it on the sheets before you get in bed? Sounds like it would be a bit damp :rolleyes:.

Did anyone get the Lotus Spa Linen Mist? It doesn't have a list of ingredients or what to do with it. All it says is 'soothing linen mist developed by WESSCO exclusively for Princess Cruises'.

Do you spray it on the sheets before you get in bed? Sounds like it would be a bit damp :rolleyes:.

When I find my gold bag from my cruise-was in a Suite so found the lovely bag ready in the bathroom, I'll check exactly what I got.

Booked next cruise and have started costing a 4 night Auckland to Sydney so I have a Savings Target for the cruise before I hit the next Big O birthday.

I use it as a bathroom deodorizer ..... seems pretty effective for that purpose.

Since it's such a nice tiny bottle, I generally take what's left home to use for the same purpose when I travel other than cruising.

Just checked the goodies bag from my recent Pacific Princess TA and found a tube of the usual Lotus Spa lotion in it. I have never found conditioner in any of my past goodies bags, at least so far.

In response to OCruiser, I've found the gold net bag I received in the Window Suite when I sailed in November.

It contained:

! Sisal Mitt

1 Gel eye Mask

1 Emery Board

1 Small Spray bottle of Linen Mist

1 tube of Conditioner

1 Tube of Shower Gel.

I also received tubes of Conditioner and Shower Gel in the Shower and there was a nice circular cake of soap at the hand basin.

From reading an earlier thread mentioning the Linen Mist, I understand you're supposed to spray your pillow and sheets lightly, let in dry then settle in for a good sleep.

HTH.

]

We've been Elite for 5 cruises and the bag has had a slightly different inventory every time.

And I NEVER have gotten shampoo. The Linen mist spray is great. I use it at home on the pillows. It reminds me of cruising. :) It is a bit damp at first, but it dries quickly. I usually just give the bag away to one of my daughters when I cruise with them. (Come to think of it, they are getting close to Elite themselves and won't need my little bag.) :)

Last cruise we received only one toiletry bag. Asked steward for another, mother and daughter cruising, both elite. No could not be done, daughter asked Captains circle host when passing, no could not be done. She then dug her heels in, little thing is now a biggie.

She eventually got her bag, she is quite persistent, but seriously why not just supply the little gift bag.

I was on the Caribbean Princess last week and for the first time the elite toiletry bag included a tube of conditioner. Is this now a standard item, perhaps in response to all of the negative comments about the shampoo/conditioner combo now in the showers?

Recently on Island Princess. The Shampoo in shower is like laundry detergent, horrible. Whatever happened to the little green bottles of shampoos, conditioner, shower gel we used to get as Elites? They were great, decent quality anyway.

God only knows what was in the bag of toileteries they gave us, did not open it but the 'boss said there was not much, no decent shampoo anyway.

Yes, I know, the bean counters have been counting again.

Last cruise we received only one toiletry bag. Asked steward for another, mother and daughter cruising, both elite. No could not be done.

Only one bag per cabin, even if more than one elite.

Just like the mini-bar setup for being elite. Only one per cabin.

NSWP, I was lucky enough to stay at a hotel in Adelaide before my cruise, where the guest received small tubes of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel, a shower cap and a small cake of soap for the hand basin. I departed with them nestling in my sponge bag, ever so convenient to "freshen up" quickly when travelling.

Over the years, I've collected 4 different companies products, so I have a good variety to choose from.

Only one bag per cabin, even if more than one elite.

I always ask and get a second one. The cabin stewart always says he has to ask his supervisor if he can give another one and I always state if his supervisor says no I WANT TO SPEAK DIRECTLY with him. I always get the second bag so each one of us has our own toiletries.

Instead of the Linen Mist, I suggest they put in a small hand sanitizer. I bet everyone would use it!