Have Loyalty Discounts (Elite, Platinum, etc.) Procedures Changed?

LastUsernameEver

I feel as though there was a time when I would go on the Princess website and check rates, then realize that I hadn't "signed in" to Princess.com, and once I did so...the rates would be lower. I'm talking YEARS ago.

It seems that is never the case anymore.

Or, am I dreaming that was EVER the case?

I've been wrong before...I can take it. ;-)

Recently when booking I found that the onboard credit increased by $50 a person when logging in.

Sometimes the cruise comes down by $100 but not always. Certainly it doesn't seem to me that the discounts are as generous as they once were and they are harder to find.

Recently when booking I found that the onboard credit increased by $50 a person when logging in.

Sometimes the cruise comes down by $100 but not always. Certainly it doesn't seem to me that the discounts are as generous as they once were and they are harder to find.

According to the Princess website, Captain circle members get up to $100 off "launch" fares, whatever that means. I just booked the Grand for January 2018, and our price did drop $100 for the cabin.

According to the Princess website, Captain circle members get up to $100 off "launch" fares, whatever that means. I just booked the Grand for January 2018, and our price did drop $100 for the cabin.

Launch fares are the fares listed when a cruise sailing is first announced.

Later on, the regular listed fair may be less than the discounted launch fare and thus no discount on that sailing anymore.

When I signed in last month, the fare for my upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise dropped by 30%. That was after final payment.

I doubt that it had to do with my being Elite, though. I figured it was just a past-passenger discount.

Edited by shepp

When I signed in last month, the fare for my upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise dropped by 30%. That was after final payment.

I doubt that it had to do with my being Elite, though. I figured it was just a past-passenger discount.

Agreed, it is a past-passenger discount, nothing for Captain's Circle status.

Isn't that the same thing? All past passengers are CC members. We all get the same discount for being CC members.

The original question had specifically to do with "(Elite, Platinum, etc.) discounts."

Though I'd be fine with Elite pax being given another 10% off. :)

Edited by shepp

I sign in and the price goes up. :rolleyes:

I've had that happen in the past. I've also seen where I got one price and my wife got a much higher price. We've sailed together on each cruise and were both signed in. What's up with that?

I've had that happen in the past. I've also seen where I got one price and my wife got a much higher price. We've sailed together on each cruise and were both signed in. What's up with that?

That happened to my DH and me on an Alaska cruise. His price saved us over $1000... Needless to say, we booked at his price!

I agree- What's up with that!

That happened to my DH and me on an Alaska cruise. His price saved us over $1000... Needless to say, we booked at his price!

I agree- What's up with that!

Princess may have special promotions aimed at individual passengers. It is possible DH had one of those promotions and you did not.

After reading this thread, I decided to apply my rewards to our upcoming Cruises. Yesterday I applied rewards to my three upcoming Cruises. At check out it indicated I would receive the rewards in the mail in the next 10 days. Today I checked the travel summary and see that all rewards have been applied accordingly. Apparently it does work like the representative told the original poster.