Im presuming this show is fake - well I hope so

uktog

This morning I was watching the TV onboard and I see a replay of a game show from last night - can't recall its politically correct title now but it used to be called the newly wed not so newly wed show. Traditionally this was a genuine game show.

Looks like modern luxury means we also set up fake answers - when asked where is the most unusual place you made whoopy a respondent answers at the back of the theatre late the other night.

Either way Im disappointed that modern luxury means that yet another thing is not as it seems or used to be on Celebrity and they now fake their shows...or worse it is not fake and modern luxury attracts a type of guest that would think that behaviour is acceptable....

I don't get your complaint?

This game is on multiple cruise lines and ships. Participants are encouraged to give funny answers, this show nor the questions are a surprise to anyone, I would certainly be trying to think of funny risqué answers if I was called to the stage.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

I don't get your complaint?

This game is on multiple cruise lines and ships. Participants are encouraged to give funny answers, this show nor the questions are a surprise to anyone, I would certainly be trying to think of funny risqué answers if I was called to the stage.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

It is not a complaint, more a reflection that traditionally it was a game about how well couples really knew each other and responses were genuine. As others say it seems not it is a show about coming up with the most outrageous and risqué responses so to that extent is fake to the original concept but it seems to entertain some.

It is not a complaint, more a reflection that traditionally it was a game about how well couples really knew each other and responses were genuine. As others say it seems not it is a show about coming up with the most outrageous and risqué responses so to that extent is fake to the original concept but it seems to entertain some.

I'm really confused about what you are suggesting. That celebrity put actors in the game? That they scripted the passengers in the game? I've seen this game on multiple cruises, it's fun. People sometimes give silly answers to get a laugh. I wouldn't conclude it's 'fake' over 1 person giving 1 outrageous answer during 1 playing of the game...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I were pushed into being on this 'show' at the last minute while preparing to be voyeurs, not participants; we did not make up answers, and I was truthful to this question, DH wasn't (or he thought something else was more 'unusual'). Audience roared at my response to my great embarrassment when it flipped out of my mouth without thinking, and we won the Celebrity not-so-really-champagne prize. So, yes, this show can be genuine and most of us reading this thread are not naive.

Edited by oceangoer2

Good grief. I guess I have always cruised with uncouth passengers. I've never seen the game taken seriously. It's supposed to be funny, not a heartwarming marriage counseling session. The questions are very similar from game to game or even cruiseline to cruiseline. There's a pretty likely chance the participants have seen the game played before so they know how they're going to answer.

This morning I was watching the TV onboard and I see a replay of a game show from last night - can't recall its politically correct title now but it used to be called the newly wed not so newly wed show. Traditionally this was a genuine game show.

Looks like modern luxury means we also set up fake answers - when asked where is the most unusual place you made whoopy a respondent answers at the back of the theatre late the other night.

Either way Im disappointed that modern luxury means that yet another thing is not as it seems or used to be on Celebrity and they now fake their shows...or worse it is not fake and modern luxury attracts a type of guest that would think that behaviour is acceptable....

Cruising is fun and a good value but not luxurious. Loosen up, it's just fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last july we were sat in the world class bar when the cruise director, colleague and camera woman arrived and set up right next to us. They started filming at about 9 pm and he opens with the line "Well it's 4 am and we've been partying all night......"

But isn't most of what we see on TV all staged anyway? :)

There's another post about entertainment where the games were "bottom of the barrel". Also from someone from the UK. Maybe they just watch the BBC.

But it can't be commonwealth wide can it? I know people from the UK and they have a sense of humor, but they have been here in America. We have probably infected them with our low brow sense of humor and they are no longer Brits. I'll ask them on Monday.

There's another post about entertainment where the games were "bottom of the barrel". Also from someone from the UK. Maybe they just watch the BBC.

But it can't be commonwealth wide can it? I know people from the UK and they have a sense of humor, but they have been here in America. We have probably infected them with our low brow sense of humor and they are no longer Brits. I'll ask them on Monday.

Bit of a generalisation there! I once met a rude American, I guess they must all be like that..... Oh wait.. they are! :)

Anyway, I find shows like that hilarious and so do most people (Brits) I know.

The OP does need to lighten up a bit.

Cheers

Gerry

Edited by Gerrym

I agree with uktog. In the early days this was a genuine game show in which couples did their utmost to give the correct answer to questions that they didn't know in advance to see how well they know each other. Today many couples know what questions might be coming ("where did you do it for the first / last time" has been used for at least 10 years) and they agree a ridiculous answer between the two of them beforehand. To me, that makes it less fun, not more. I think that's the only point uktog is trying to make. Whether you agree or not, there's no need to make rude comments about signatures.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Bit of a generalisation there! I once met a rude American, I guess they must all be like that..... Oh wait.. they are! :)

Anyway, I find shows like that hilarious and so do most people (Brits) I know.

The OP does need to lighten up a bit.

Cheers

Gerry

To be fair to our American friends, we know at least 61,900,651 have a great sense of humour, as proved very recently. :D

To be fair to our American friends, we know at least 61,900,651 have a great sense of humour, as proved very recently. :D

But the other 300,000,000 have br....never mind.

I have to admit that we were roped into this gsne show 3 times, & were never told what to say or prodded in any way. But we've been to so many of them with the same questions, & after over 50 years together, we pretty much know what to answer.

Edited by richsea

LOL, brilliant :)

Double brilliant!

I ❤️ you, Mynki, and have been besotted since meeting you in a wine-by-the-glass forum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On all our cruises, those game show competitions were always a form of silly, lighthearted entertainment for the audience.

It was not a court of law and the contestants never took a pledge to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

This is the first time that I have ever seen or heard of anyone caring in the slightest whether or not the answers given are true or pre-planned.

As for the Liar's competition, it is very obvious that most of the replies were planned and rehearsed in advance, but that does not make them any less entertaining or enjoyable.

Edited by fleckle