Jeans in the main dining room

Rickygump

The main dining room was once an upscale fine dining experience.

Sadly, due to today's customer base and apparent cultural norms, dress has become similar to that worn at a neighborhood bar and restaurant. Think Red Lobster, Applebee's, Olive Garden, etc.

It is what it is. Jeans are apparently welcome these days.

However, I will continue to dress nice for dinner as that is how I was raised. Apparently due to my parents brainwashing, I would feel uncomfortable wearing anything else. Thanks Mom & Dad!

I wouldn't wear jeans to dinner on a cruise for two reasons: 1) They're just too hot for the Caribbean and 2) Even if people do it all the time, jeans are too casual for the venue.

A suit is hotter than jeans...

I wouldn't wear jeans to dinner on a cruise for two reasons: 1) They're just too hot for the Caribbean and 2) Even if people do it all the time, jeans are too casual for the venue.

If you went on an Alaska cruise you might "feel" differently ;)

This just in..... all dining venues on cruise ships are air conditioned, so jeans need not feel any hotter than any other attire worn to dinner.

Sorry, I've just never understood the whole "jeans are too hot for the Carib" thing when it comes to what to wear to dinner.;)

What about "nice" shorts or "nice" tank tops?[emoji897][emoji897]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get that you're being ironic, but the fact remains that shorts and tank tops are on a list of excluded items, jeans are not. Whether they are nice jeans or no, they are allowed.

Number one, jeans are fine, but not on formal night, regardless of the others want to claim. Two, jeans are not hot to wear in the evening in an air conditioned space. That's just an excuse.

Jeans are not prohibited, so your claim about not on formal night is factually incorrect. They don't suddenly become prohibited on formal night. Royal has a 'suggested' dress of formal attire, but not a required dress.

If you prefer that everyone dresses formally that's understandable, but not enforceable.