$7.95 Room Service Charge

I tried to show you how to balance cost, if you don't want to, that's your problem

Since you have expressed that the upcharge does not bother you, why have you locked on to to this thread taking continued gratuitous shots from the comfort of your home? Do you get off on this rather sad way to spend one's time?

Maybe, when implemented, they will waive the $7.95 charge for GS and above. Royal will reach out their right hand and say "Look, we are increasing and enhancing suite perks! (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain and what he is taking away with his left hand.) "

At least continental breakfast will still be free. Until it's not. :(

~ Judy

They are.

Just curious. What happens when they start charging for breakfast in the main dining room?

I will not be the least big surprised when MDR breakfast and lunch attracts a fee and only buffet or counter service places will be "free", with MDR dinner only being included.

Can someone clarify for me...we sail on March 26th on the FOS...does that mean for my cruise there will NOT be a room service charge?

I personally don't care much for the room service but I have a 6 year old boy who looks forward to room service milk / cookies before bed....he will be sadly disappointed if it effects our cruise...

Thanks in advance....

Can someone clarify for me...we sail on March 26th on the FOS...does that mean for my cruise there will NOT be a room service charge?

I personally don't care much for the room service but I have a 6 year old boy who looks forward to room service milk / cookies before bed....he will be sadly disappointed if it effects our cruise...

Thanks in advance....

Like some other RCI announcements, stay tuned for the actual implementation or revision or even cancellation of the announcement.

Like some other RCI announcements, stay tuned for the actual implementation or revision or even cancellation of the announcement.

It starts March 27th, so you get 1 day of room service. This sucks! I bought my cruise to include RS free between 5am-11pm 😡

Just curious. What happens when they start charging for breakfast in the main dining room? And, then dinner in the main dining room? And, each time they do all of this AFTER folks have paid for the product that was to include these options for free? The time is coming... Eat at Windjammer or pay a fee. If folks just take these things like RC sheep, RC will keep taking away included for free items and reducing the quality.

I have never used room service and don't plan to so, obviously, this has no affect on me. But I certainly appreciate that it affects others who like this service and understand their point. It is pretty typical around here for people to not care until something happens that affects them. Then all of a sudden their "it's no big deal" attitude suddenly changes. It is a common theme on CC.

If you want to make a difference go post on facebook and tweet at the RC sites, maybe they'll see the light. Laura Ward put it nicely.

"With our final payment date already past, the news of charging for room service is disheartening. In fact, it's unfair and sneaky. We cannot change our cruise, why can RC change the amenities/perks that we paid for? If you need to do this for future cruises, fine. Begin with cruises in which loyal customers haven't paid in full, as to give them a choice of whether to cancel or not. Those of us with upcoming cruises have no choice, yet we've lost an amenity."

ROOM SERVICE UPDATES

The room service menu has had a fleet-wide update, with new menus and pricing designed to deliver the best service possible to all our guests.

With the exception of the Continental breakfast options, all room service orders now come with a charge of $7.95 per order, no matter what time of day they are placed. The charges are applied at the time guests place their order, so if they order from the American breakfast menu in the morning and then the All-Day menu in the afternoon they will be charged $7.95 both times.

The complimentary Continental breakfast menu offers a wide and delicious range of options, so guests can still take advantage of room service without additional fees in the morning.

( Info Royal Caribbean UK)

Can you be more specific when you make a comment like that. We need to know what ship or cruise line you are taling about and is it for the UK only. More information would be helpful so that people don't get upset for nothing.

Can you be more specific when you make a comment like that. We need to know what ship or cruise line you are taling about and is it for the UK only. More information would be helpful so that people don't get upset for nothing.

Its all RC ships, starting March 27th...

The information she posted states that the change is to be "fleet wide". That is specific.

If you want to make a difference go post on facebook and tweet at the RC sites, maybe they'll see the light. Laura Ward put it nicely.

"With our final payment date already past, the news of charging for room service is disheartening. In fact, it's unfair and sneaky. We cannot change our cruise, why can RC change the amenities/perks that we paid for? If you need to do this for future cruises, fine. Begin with cruises in which loyal customers haven't paid in full, as to give them a choice of whether to cancel or not. Those of us with upcoming cruises have no choice, yet we've lost an amenity."

I so agree with this. I feel cheated that I was promised a service and have paid in full for it and now they are taking it away. I think I will be looking at other lines if this is the new RCI policy.

For those that are blindly supporting this change, what will you say when the main dining room has a charge? It is only a matter of time. Windjammer or pay a fee.

Honestly, I have almost no doubt one of the major cruise lines will try and pull this within the next 5-10 years. Hopefully it will not be RCCL.

Was looking forward to try room service in my upcoming cruise, never have in the past on land base hotel because of extra charge. Guess I will have to wait until we try a cruise line that doesn't charge extra. Not a huge lost, but still disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I so agree with this. I feel cheated that I was promised a service and have paid in full for it and now they are taking it away. I think I will be looking at other lines if this is the new RCI policy.

I also feel cheated here. We sail Easter week. I think that this should apply to new bookings only. I have considered writing to RCI about it actually (we don't FB), but just not sure that I should.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am pretty sure it's true. I saw an article on Facebook this morning.

That's where I saw it this morning. The article said it starts after March 27, 2017. There were at least 100 comments already. A lot of very unhappy cruisers! :mad:

I have never used room service and don't plan to so, obviously, this has no affect on me. But I certainly appreciate that it affects others who like this service and understand their point. It is pretty typical around here for people to not care until something happens that affects them. Then all of a sudden their "it's no big deal" attitude suddenly changes. It is a common theme on CC.

I think that's a pretty typical attitude for most things in life, not just with cruises and on CC.

If this follows the path of Johnny Rocket's history the price won't be $7.95 for long. J.R. used to be included in the cruise fare. Then, if I remember it right, the first implemented charge was $3.95 and it has gradually kept going up. And then you get the people who proclaim they don't care as they will gladly pay for a good burger.

There are definitely some folks around here who are a C.E.O.'s best dream.