LIVE Spirit from Ft Lauderdale to Lisbon March 31 2017

spinnaker2

Also aboard the Spirit. Tried the "Premium" Internet service which I s supposed to handle high speed needs such as videos. Not worth the extra since it's just under 2 mbps. Package for unlimited standard service for the entire cruise is $240 and premium is $355. You can use both the purchased package as well as the one hour per day free package simultaneously. Switching from one device to the other is a little bit of a hassle, but doable.

That speed is rubbish.

Have you tried bonding both connections? Not going to take Spins lovely thread off topic, so if you are unaware of the technique then google broadband or internet connection bonding .... with such poor speeds it might make a bit of a worthwhile difference. This aggregates all connections and increases speed. I do this in hotels if really desperate.

Good luck!

(Hello Spins :) )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Morning from me! Terry actually we are in one of the pictures. We are on deck 11, port side last suite. We were waving! We avoided the storm too. I had my first drink of champagne, Pommery, around 1. There was a bottle of pink bubbly chilling in our suite...did not partake, it's in the frig.

Today is a new beautiful day aboard the shining Spirit.

Also aboard the Spirit. Tried the "Premium" Internet service which is supposed to handle high speed needs such as videos. Not worth the extra since it's just under 2 mbps. Package for unlimited standard service for the entire cruise is $240 and premium is $355. You can use both the purchased package as well as the one hour per day free package simultaneously. Switching from one device to the other is a little bit of a hassle, but doable.

Appreciate these great follow-ups and wonderful details from Spins and bspill. Plus, all of the wonderful tech info/background from Jeff and bspill. All very good and interesting. Glad that Spins was waving when the camera was working. Will have to see if Bermuda has some port-cams to be getting images when the Silver Spirit arrives there.

For our mid-June Silver Spirit sailing, our cruise is very port-intensive, so just the "basics" for the Internet time and speed should work well enough and take care of our needs.

Great to know that new, better Internet options are being considered and developed. BUT, faster on a cruise ship is not aways that good and/or "worth it"??!! Plus, if you can do lots of writing and prep work off-line, smartly sign-on, do your postings/checking, then sign off, you do not always have to pay extra to buy the unlimited timings for web access.

THANKS! Keep it coming. Love getting any and ALL items of info/background about this sailing, the Silver Spirit, etc. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 35,173 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

So lovely to hear some snippets from those on board and pleased the seas have so far been kind.

Great visuals of the Spirit departing Terry....didn't see Spins waving at us though! 😉

Looks like you have the usual Spirit crossing crew so it should be great fun for all ...missing those long relaxing sea days already....

S😊

I'm pretty sure there aren't any cams that will capture the Spirit alongside in Hamilton, sorry Terry.

Snippets:

Nosed into the library - number of computers is reduced to three, hardly surprising given that so many people have their own devices. Selection of books quite good, including fairly new ones, great for me as I read so much and I had a good go around the library during the crossing last November.

Art around the ship is attractive at first glance, must spend a little time looking at it properly.

Cobbler is ensconced in his usual spot on the pool deck.

And, sorry but I can't resist - just had trivia with Spins and David (Englishusa) on the team plus a Swedish couple and three from USA and we started as we hope to continue - in first place!

Terry actually we are in one of the pictures. We are on deck 11, port side last suite. We were waving!

I'm pretty sure there aren't any cams that will capture the Spirit alongside in Hamilton, sorry Terry.

YES, Spins is correct about the good folks on that 11th floor port side waving at us during their sail away. See the visual evidence below. I enlarged the picture a little and added a red cirele, etc. Looks like a great, large and perfect balcony for Spins and her DH. Right? We're impressed with that cabin and its excellent, prime position on this luxury ship.

Sorry to hear from our ace reporter jollyjones that there are no port cams in Bermuda. But, will double to check more on Monday am to make sure it has not been added lately.

Keep up the great sharing. Such wonderful fun!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 66,817 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Here is the photo proof for Spins and her DH waving to the camera during their Fort Lauderdale sail-away on the Silver Spirt.:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-01%20at%209.27.16%20PM_zps6vhah48o.png

Hello all.

Yes Terry, that is indeed us in the red circle. And we are Lilliputian but you can still see how much DH towers over me. We were waving like mad to the people on shore, in houses and in apartment buildings waving to us. We didn't know we were on camera.

And we did win at Trivia yesterday, a great team effort!

Dinner last night at Hot Rocks, aka, the Grill. First time we let the cooks cook our food instead of grilling at the table ourselves. I felt less smoked out :-). I had the grilled porcini mushrooms and DH had two portions of grilled salmon, and then he ate two apple pies a la mode. All yummy.

An early evening for us which was just fine. Tonight is formal night and we will get to see the finery of the pax.

A mixed group of pax. There are even some younger people aboard, but I haven't seen seen any children. Our butler and suite attendant are delightful.

As usual the sun deprived are out by the pool even though today is much cooler than yesterday. The sun is warm and takes the chill away. Seas are definitely choppier, but completely tolerable.

The Internet, well, let's just say it's slower than molasses. I tried to upload photos and it takes forever, I am losing patience. It was faster on the Wind last November.

Looks like there are a fair number of bridge players.

Lots of laughter heard everywhere! It is all good!

Yes Terry, that is indeed us in the red circle. And we are Lilliputian but you can still see how much DH towers over me. We were waving like mad to the people on shore, in houses and in apartment buildings waving to us. We didn't know we were on camera. Dinner last night at Hot Rocks, aka, the Grill. First time we let the cooks cook our food instead of grilling at the table ourselves. I had the grilled porcini mushrooms and DH had two portions of grilled salmon, and then he ate two apple pies a la mode. All yummy. A mixed group of pax. The sun is warm and takes the chill away. Seas are definitely choppier, but completely tolerable. The Internet, well, let's just say it's slower than molasses. I tried to upload photos and it takes forever, I am losing patience. Lots of laughter heard everywhere! It is all good!

Jollyjones, Spinnaker2 and englishusa all on winning Trivia team on first day.( and we lost 1/2 point for answering Istanbul rather than Constantinople!)

Appreciate these wonderful details and updates from both Spins and englishusa. Sounds like a nice mix of people, great staff, exciting activities, good food, etc. Keep up the great sharing. Much enjoyed by us fans.

Glad for Candy and DH that I got my red circle placed correctly. Sorry that the Internet is so slow. Feel free to e-mail any pictures and I will be happy to post here on your behalf. Looking forward to hearing more on the special secrets, tips, etc., about the Silver Spirit. Since Spins mentioned "he ate two apple pies a la mode", here is one of my file pictures from enjoying that dessert treat prepared by Silversea on the Silver Cloud when sailing along the Amazon River. Is that how your treat looked yesterday?

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 211,544 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here was how our apple pie a la mode looked when sailing on the Silver Cloud. Is the Silver Spirit still serving it this way?:

MarTravel2017BB%20188_zps6oylmbem.jpg

Did just check and see there is a port camera for Bermuda. It's at:

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

One site indicated that the Crystal Serenity is in that port right now. But not sure in checking at another location if that is 100% correct. Good luck for success and fun in Bermuda. Understand the docking is set for 8 am at Hamilton, #5/6 Passenger Terminal.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 223,303 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is the view just a few minutes ago from the port cam in Bermuda. Maybe we will be able to tune in Monday morning for the arrival of the Silver Spirit. Looking nice and sunny there!!:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-02%20at%205.12.58%20PM_zpsplzjwhmc.png

I'm pretty sure that photo is a picture of the "Dockyard" facility in Bermuda, not technically Hamilton. I could be very wrong but I believe most ships now pull in there, rather than the downtown docking area in Hamilton. I think the Hamilton docking area is used by commercial ships for the most part.

Of course, now I think about it, we will be sailing down the Dundonald Channel which is what you can see out beyond the Heritage Wharf at Dockyard so if you are willing to spend the time in the morning you might catch us passing from left to right in the background of the webcam view.

Portbermuda webcam is Dockyard. We'll be in Hamilton, miles away. However, on Tuesday you will be able to see the Norwegian Epic in Dockyard.

Appreciate these added follow-ups. Good news! While I have never had the chance, yet, to be in Bermuda, it appears that with the size of the Silver Spirit, it will be docked in a prime, very handy/central location. Right? Too bad there is not a live bridge cam on these Silversea ships. Looks like a great place for the ship to be docking.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my highly-detailed live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 30,925 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

From off of www.portbermudawebcam.com, I cannot get the best, live port cam, but I did get these visuals a few minutes ago to reflect where the Silver Spirit is head to a prime, central docking location handy to the key attractions in Hamilton.:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-03%20at%207.01.40%20AM_zpshmzzoo4v.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-03%20at%206.51.08%20AM_zpsqqsf6dl1.png

Terry.....Silversea ships usual dock right on Front Street in Hamilton which is indeed a brilliant location.

When l worked on board Cunard we also used to dock at this location every week usually with the then Sea Venture behind us which became the Love Boat for the TV series.......Jolly Jones may correct me but l don't ever remember any ships at the dockyard in those days...QE2 used to anchor out.

S ☺️

Terry.....Silversea ships usual dock right on Front Street in Hamilton which is indeed a brilliant location. When l worked on board Cunard we also used to dock at this location every week usually with the then Sea Venture behind us which became the Love Boat for the TV series.......Jolly Jones may correct me but l don't ever remember any ships at the dockyard in those days...QE2 used to anchor out. S ☺️

Great added background and history from Miss Sophia. For a Bermuda "virgin" like me, this makes it even more for Spins and others to be sharing some pictures from Hamilton and this prime docking location. Hint! Hint!! Want to see the visuals from a great location.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 176,314 views for this posting.

Terry.....Silversea ships usual dock right on Front Street in Hamilton which is indeed a brilliant location.

When l worked on board Cunard we also used to dock at this location every week usually with the then Sea Venture behind us which became the Love Boat for the TV series.......Jolly Jones may correct me but l don't ever remember any ships at the dockyard in those days...QE2 used to anchor out.

S ☺️

In those days the Dock Yard was not a cruise terminal. We went almost every summer then with ships going to Hamilton and St George from NY. It's a shame that for all but a very few the Dock yard is the destination now. The ships just got too big.

I'm so happy to see that you are headed into Hamilton to dock!! As everyone else has noted, almost all cruise ships now put in at the Dockyard. The only nice thing about berthing at Dockyard at this second in time, is that you would get a chance to see the America's Cup vessels practice for the upcoming event! They really "haul"! The Front Street pier in Hamilton is indeed, Primo! John and I love Bermuda. It was the destination of our very first cruise, so it will always have a soft spot in our hearts!

Brrrrr it's chilly.

We are here. Some rocking and rolling last night.

Formal night and we dined in LaTerrazza. Delicious agnolotti as second course. DH had the lobster and tuna for main course.

A nightcap in the Obs. Absolutely empty except for us.

Up early around five and then fell back asleep. Awakened in time for the sail in, which always amazes me. Yes we are docked at Front street, we will be here overnight. We have no plans for anything except a walk about a little later.

Perhaps I will post some photos if internet isn't too slow!

Great to hear from you, Spins. Nothing happening at the Obs Bar? Would it be that the cruise did not fill up? Although I have to say that many people prefer the in-between bar (I call it like that, since it's a crossway to cabins).

Enjoy your stay in Bermuda and tell us about this port. Never been, but hope to some day.

Brrrrr it's chilly. We are here. Some rocking and rolling last night. Formal night and we dined in LaTerrazza. Delicious agnolotti as second course. DH had the lobster and tuna for main course. Awakened in time for the sail in, which always amazes me. Yes we are docked at Front street, we will be here overnight. We have no plans for anything except a walk about a little later. Perhaps I will post some photos if internet isn't too slow!

Super great Bermuda, etc., updating by Spins and others. Yes, yes, love to see those pictures from there and about the Silver Spirit. If any Internet problems, you know how to e-mail those visuals to me.

Panama Canal? Just completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun pictures!! Those pictures start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Brrrrr it's chilly.

We are here. Some rocking and rolling last night.

Formal night and we dined in LaTerrazza. Delicious agnolotti as second course. DH had the lobster and tuna for main course.

A nightcap in the Obs. Absolutely empty except for us.

Up early around five and then fell back asleep. Awakened in time for the sail in, which always amazes me. Yes we are docked at Front street, we will be here overnight. We have no plans for anything except a walk about a little later.

Perhaps I will post some photos if internet isn't too slow!

Does Silver Spirit dock with the port side or starboard side facing Hamilton?