2 Bottles Per Stateroom

I know as a rule, you are allowed to carry on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. I have the unlimited package, but my wife only enjoys a glass of wine each night. It is possible to....

A. Each of us take two bottles in carry on bags.. Will they know we are in the same stateroom at check-in or do they not pay close attention or do they even really care?

B. Take two bottles on in carry on and place another two bottles in checked luggage. Will I be able to retrieve the two bottles in checked bag or will they be confiscated?

I know what many of you will be thinking, but 15-30 bucks per glass of wine is overkill. Not looking for a lecture, just wanting to know what to expect with A and B.

Thanks. Now, what about scenario B? 2 bottles on carry on, 2 in checked baggage. How should I expect that to turn out?

You can give that a shot...knowing you might have your luggage delayed and a possible trip to the naughty room and open your luggage so they can check to make sure it isn't hard liquor...more than likely they will give you those bottles of wine once it's confirmed. But do pack those bottles in a Jet Bag aka Wine Diaper so you don't take the chance of them breaking.

You are making way to big a deal out of this.

Just go in separate lines when running carry on stuff through the Xray machines.

That is where they check that stuff.

The people working there are not that smart or clever to figure it out.

I wouldn't put any bottled wine in my checked luggage as an accident could occur :eek:

Unless you are going on a cruise longer than 7 nights 2 bottles should be plenty if your wife only likes 1 glass of wine each night. Most 750 ml bottles yield 4-5 restaurant poured glasses.

I wouldn't worry about it. We take 2 bottles of wine each and go through security separately - never had a problem. I personally wouldn't put wine in my suitcase just incase they broke but also the though of having to go to the 'naughty' room would put me off

Another option...

Talk to the people in your roll call and see if there are any non drinkers that might be willing to meet up the night before and carry them in for you

I know as a rule, you are allowed to carry on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. I have the unlimited package, but my wife only enjoys a glass of wine each night. It is possible to....

A. Each of us take two bottles in carry on bags.. Will they know we are in the same stateroom at check-in or do they not pay close attention or do they even really care?

B. Take two bottles on in carry on and place another two bottles in checked luggage. Will I be able to retrieve the two bottles in checked bag or will they be confiscated?

I know what many of you will be thinking, but 15-30 bucks per glass of wine is overkill. Not looking for a lecture, just wanting to know what to expect with A and B.

Why try to cheat the systems?

C. Just pay the corkage on two more bottles.

My sister could not carry on all of her multiple carry bags herself (she always overpacks ;p), so the DH carried on her bag with her two bottles of wine to help her. We had two bottles in our carry on. Since the carry on bags are not marked by stateroom...there was no way to check if they were both going to our stateroom or hers. The DH was right in front of me in security line. We did not even think about it until later.

As another poster said....if your wife only drinks one glass of wine a night, on a seven night cruise, that is seven glasses. More than enough with two bottles...unless your glasses are

Titantic size!! :cool:

You are making way to big a deal out of this.

Just go in separate lines when running carry on stuff through the Xray machines.

That is where they check that stuff.

The people working there are not that smart or clever to figure it out.

It's port security and not ship's personnel and you if you stagger the entry and in separate lines IMHO you should not have any problems.

I think it varies from port to port. However, I have sailed on multiple B2B's from both Canaveral and San Juan. Each time, we carried 2 bottles each in our carry-ons. I had the documentation (set sail pass) printed for each week, ready for them to pull two bottles and hold them until week 2. I would have been fine with this.

It's never happened...all four bottles were allowed each time with no issues.

YMMV