Anyway to opt out of Promos to get a cheaper price?

fstuff1

AND still pick your room?

i know GTY room categories (IX, OX, BX & MX) are cheaper because it doesnt include promos.

but you cant pick your room.

if i get an OV or balcony, i get 2 promos but the only one that i'm going to use is Specialty Dining.

i dont drink much plus the mandatory ~$100 tips. :mad:

250 internet minutes is also not worth it, and i use 3rd party for excursions.

wished i could double up on the Specialty Dining.

so anyway to decline the promos for a cheaper price AND pick your room?

AND still pick your room?

i know GTY room categories (IX, OX, BX & MX) are cheaper because it doesnt include promos.

but you cant pick your room.

if i get an OV or balcony, i get 2 promos but the only one that i'm going to use is Specialty Dining.

i dont drink much plus the mandatory ~$100 tips. :mad:

250 internet minutes is also not worth it, and i use 3rd party for excursions.

wished i could double up on the Specialty Dining.

so anyway to decline the promos for a cheaper price AND pick your room?

Isn't one of the promos Gratuities? Do that with the dining.

I believe that if they offer any special rates that you qualify for "senior" or residency rates for example, those are a lower rate for promo free. Other than that, if you truly want no promos, you can pay the "Norwegian rate" which is often the same to slightly less, but saves you the service charges associated with the UBP and SDP.

I believe that if they offer any special rates that you qualify for "senior" or residency rates for example, those are a lower rate for promo free. Other than that, if you truly want no promos, you can pay the "Norwegian rate" which is often the same to slightly less, but saves you the service charges associated with the UBP and SDP.
We are seniors and got absolutely NO special rate. I don't even know why they asked that anymore....never got a special rate for that.

We are seniors and got absolutely NO special rate. I don't even know why they asked that anymore....never got a special rate for that.

I agree that they should remove it from the "options;" however, they used to have an AARP 5% discount. The last one I got was a booking made on Mar. 22, 2016. When I booked another cruise at the end of July, it was gone. I've never noticed a different price for residency (tried several states to see), but others may have.

@OP, you're not alone in wanting both a lower rate in exchange for no promos and the choice of rooms. It is what it is. CCL is often cheaper, but it's not my first choice.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Per our TA, Norwegian does have 'sail away' rates for last minute cruises. These are for guarantee cabins (thus you can't pick one) and do not have any promo offers included, but are for a lower price.

Any idea if it's possible for someone to downgrade to this rate even after final payment? I know not likely, but is it possible?

Any idea if it's possible for someone to downgrade to this rate even after final payment? I know not likely, but is it possible?

I think it is. Someone posted recently that they tried to and the first person they talked to said no. They called back and found someone that would do it, but after realizing they would lose their promos they changed their mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is from the Norwegian website, sailaway rates are basically the guarantee categories that end in the letter "X", they are the no thrills...bare bones prices, and are excluded from most promotions.

https://www.ncl.com/promo/sail-away-rates

Plan your next cruise vacation with Norwegian's Sail Away Rates. These are the lowest cruise fares available for select Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, and Mini-Suite staterooms. Simply pick your desired guarantee stateroom category (IX, OX, BX, MX) when you book and receive your assigned stateroom number when you arrive at port.

While you can't be guaranteed a specific stateroom number until you come onboard, you can be guaranteed the lowest fares available. And, there's the chance you could receive a higher category stateroom. Because these are the best priced fares available, Sail Away rates cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions, such as Free At Sea.

I agree that they should remove it from the "options;" however, they used to have an AARP 5% discount. The last one I got was a booking made on Mar. 22, 2016. When I booked another cruise at the end of July, it was gone. I've never noticed a different price for residency (tried several states to see), but others may have.

@OP, you're not alone in wanting both a lower rate in exchange for no promos and the choice of rooms. It is what it is. CCL is often cheaper, but it's not my first choice.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Our NCL rep said the contract with AARP expired and they are trying to resign but nothing yet.

Yes there is a way, it's called Carnival and has no promos and cheaper most of the time. ;) But.......you get what you pay for, that's why we're here on NCL!!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Carnival is not always cheaper!! Our vista cruise is per day more expensive then our escape cruised and escape cruise includes beverage and specialty dining. We also have a large balcony on escape. We will have to purchase beverage package and dinning on carnival!

there used to be special senior rates but it didn't apply to all sailings, same as special rates for air line employees, etc Now, if they are offered it is so little it isn't worth it. I like the perk or promo package to be honest. We are not heavy drinkers but love that idea of having a drink whenever we want without worrying about our bar bill: we also love choosing which specialty dining rooms to try, etc.

there used to be special senior rates but it didn't apply to all sailings, same as special rates for air line employees, etc Now, if they are offered it is so little it isn't worth it. I like the perk or promo package to be honest. We are not heavy drinkers but love that idea of having a drink whenever we want without worrying about our bar bill: we also love choosing which specialty dining rooms to try, etc.

We had the beverage package on the Sun last year for Alaska when no gratuities were charged for it. Still, the red wine choices were poor. There were no robust red cabernets offered. On our next Dawn cruise, we declined the drinks package with the ridiculous gratuities that no other cruise line charges and accepted the internet package and credit on excursions instead. I would love for NCL to just go back to the basic prices. We don't drink 8 drinks a day, but when we do, we like more wine choices.

NCL is still competitive, since the other cruise lines are doing the same bundling.

Carnival is not always cheaper!! Our vista cruise is per day more expensive then our escape cruised and escape cruise includes beverage and specialty dining. We also have a large balcony on escape. We will have to purchase beverage package and dinning on carnival!

That's because Vista is their newest biggest ship with lots of extras. Just got off her in March. I will not sail her again. Too big and crowded for me. I hope you enjoy. Make sure to go to the IMAX and check out the brewery in the Red Frog Pub.